Soldier on

Guardian linking us with Arsenal No2

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

At end of season. Would make sense and explain Knapper’s lack of activity to date .

William Saliba? He won’t be cheap!

• Haha 3

Seriously, I’ve been told that Arsenal and Norwich had an agreement that we would not sign anyone from Arsenal. Don’t know if there was a time limit or whether it included non-playing staff.

6 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Seriously, I’ve been told that Arsenal and Norwich had an agreement that we would not sign anyone from Arsenal. Don’t know if there was a time limit or whether it included non-playing staff.

Who could we possibly afford from Arsenal?

• Haha 1

i do not like Wagner as a manager and do not want him here next season 

BUT if he takes us up then he deserves a chance 

the Form Recently has been fantastic so deserves Credit for that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Depends how far back you go. Since we played 1p5wich we have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 3. 18 points from 11 games. It's play off form, just about, but not quite as spectacular as some would have us believe. I would still suggest that some of those good results have been in spite of the manager rather than because of him.

Even if we squeak up through the playoffs I don't want him here next season.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, duke63 said:

It might have just been a precaution, don’t know if it is standard practice now when non-playing staff move clubs.

11 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

And unlike Farke he kept a team in the premier league

• Like 3

This is all the same 'negative' spinning destroying the morale at the club. 

Wagner is here and will be whatever to the end of the season and probably beyond.

Get behind him and stop bellyaching.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

This is all the same 'negative' spinning destroying the morale at the club. 

Wagner is here and will be whatever to the end of the season and probably beyond.

Get behind him and stop bellyaching.

its a chat forum not the UN... 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Depends how far back you go. Since we played 1p5wich we have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 3. 18 points from 11 games. It's play off form, just about, but not quite as spectacular as some would have us believe. I would still suggest that some of those good results have been in spite of the manager rather than because of him.

Even if we squeak up through the playoffs I don't want him here next season.

I Agree about some of the Games if it was not for a player pulling out something special it would be a different story 

but football is about fine margins  ,

i do not trust him as a Manager 2-0 up we won 4-2 but could easily lost 3-2 or drew 

20 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Doris, the Arsenal tea lady, is very much up to speed with strategies & tactics that are in vogue in the modern game.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

So if Knapper replaces Wagner with Carlos Cuesta in the summer will he be 'belly aching'?

I can't think of anything that would undermine the manager, the team and the club more than openly discussing a change of manager at the end of the season (when the playoffs are clearly within reach)

Why would anybody care about this season - players, manager, staff?

If true we'll probably get exactly what we deserve. Nowt and nobody wanting to come here. Toxic.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

And unlike Farke he kept a team in the premier league

So did Lambert would you want him back with what he has done since ? 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hire a sporting director with no experience in the role on the cheap.

Planning to hire a manager with no experience in the role on the cheap.

This club

McKenna (scum) , Corberan (West Brom) and Maresca (Leicester) all were assistant managers before being given their jobs. All 3 are now successful managers. 

• Like 3

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

I can't think of anything that would undermine the manager, the team and the club more than openly discussing a change of manager at the end of the season (when the playoffs are clearly within reach)

If true we'll probably get exactly what we deserve. Nowt and nobody wanting to come here. Toxic.

i wonder if Wagner knows ? ( i doubt it but possible )

would he leave if he knew ? i doubt it ,

but not the best thing to tell you manager if you are chasing play-offs 

i think maybe if he has been told if he does not get us in play offs  he might well be out 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hire a sporting director with no experience in the role on the cheap.

Planning to hire a manager with no experience in the role on the cheap.

This club

Said to be the brains behind Arsenal whilst Arteta does all the arm Waving and jumping about.

Oh and he certainly won't be cheap and want nothing less than a 3 year contract.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Many clubs keep feelers out for potential managers and players as good business practices should they need to act on them. Perhaps these feelers are all it’s been and it’s just become public. I would be more shocked if knapper didn’t have a list of potential players and managers he was in dialogue with to keep sweet for potential future moves. Just seems like good planning to always be a step ahead should you get caught short. 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Many clubs keep feelers out for potential managers and players as good business practices should they need to act on them. Perhaps these feelers are all it’s been and it’s just become public. I would be more shocked if knapper didn’t have a list of potential players and managers he was in dialogue with to keep sweet for potential future moves. Just seems like good planning to always be a step ahead should you get caught short. 

That is exactly where Webber went wrong ,

Webber and Zoe both said the club practices this monitoring managers around the world etc as a just in case in the past ,

Webber didn't have a Manager lined up if Farke left or needed replacing and went for Smith ,

Young ambitious coaches do well for us (farke, O'Neil, Worthington, Neil etc) Good to see us considering our options and interesting timing starts around the Cardiff game too.

I'm not adverse to changing manager upon promotion;  long held a view that the two leagues are so different it's nit uncommon to see coaches get promotion but only relegated from pl.    Would be virtually unprecedented though and def not the norwich way.    Mention of not wanting an interim from ma****er would tie in.