Soldier on

Guardian linking us with Arsenal No2

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Do you think Webber had his finger on the pulse when he sacked Farke ? 

PL club at the time and we had the whole world to look at ,

we were also  told that with a DOF in charge there would not be a dramatic change of style etc as players were bought into the club to play that way ,

you do not think Gary O'neil would of jumped at the chance of taking Norwich job ? when smith was sacked ? 

you do not think a No2 or Manager in another country would not come here when a PL team comes calling ? 

Zoe even said and in it is in Black and white we searched the whole of world football when Smith was sacked and we keep tabs on managers around the leagues and they found her Hubbies best mate !

do you believe the club found the best people the last two managers ?

Do you think after sacking Farke we should have gone with a manager who played the exact same style, even though it was proving to be an abject failure for a second time? I’ve no problem with the board deciding they needed to be slightly more pragmatic, as to keep trying to do the exact same thing when it obviously doesn’t work seems rather pointless. Maybe Smith was the wrong choice but I’ve no problem with the thinking behind it 

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

I'd have to disagree with this. Webber certainly went for a last ditch attempt with his old mate, just unfortunately Wagner had a dire CV from his past few clubs.

Whereas Knapper may well want to work again with Cuesta, the difference being he's one of the best, highly rated coaches out there.

Cuesta feels the sort of long project you want to get behind, similar to when we hired Farke. Everything is a risk, but the sort of one, as a fresh start, to get behind  

If Wagner fails to make the playoffs I’ve no problem with taking a punt on him to be honest. If by some miracle we go up then Wagner deserves his shot at the top flight 

14 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Do you think after sacking Farke we should have gone with a manager who played the exact same style, even though it was proving to be an abject failure for a second time? I’ve no problem with the board deciding they needed to be slightly more pragmatic, as to keep trying to do the exact same thing when it obviously doesn’t work seems rather pointless. Maybe Smith was the wrong choice but I’ve no problem with the thinking behind it 

Fen no not exact same but not totally different like Dean smith 

of course the club had to try something 

But Webber had done so fantastic hiring a unknown like Farke i was hoping for better

of course i am talking with hindsight like everything you talk about in history

57 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Fen no not exact same but not totally different like Dean smith 

of course the club had to try something 

But Webber had done so fantastic hiring a unknown like Farke i was hoping for better

of course i am talking with hindsight like everything you talk about in history

This is the problem isn’t it, it’s easy to be wise after the event. I remember being happy with hiring Roeder….that wasn’t my finest prediction 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fen Canary said:

This is the problem isn’t it, it’s easy to be wise after the event. I remember being happy with hiring Roeder….that wasn’t my finest prediction 

So easy with hindsight , 

That was the problem with Webber he was like a Magician when he first came here Farke Pukki Krul Emi ,

he didn't do much wrong and the momentum behind the club was amazing

looking back to those wonderful seasons To keep that up was unrealistic , 

i was hoping he had another Ace up his sleeve with a head coach after Farke someone Special who could work miracles 

unrealistic like i said but he had done it before with Farke 

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

Would be fine if we had the players for it. We had a side of "man city light" players. The idea of getting a pragmatist a la Big Sam, Dyche or Colin was never going to work. 

Trying to transitioning from A to B with zero time, zero budget and zero possibilitymof it working. 

The point of a sporting director is strategy and mid to long term planning. Total mess resulting in the past 18 months and the fact that a "small minority" ends up booing decisions during a game.

• Like 2