Sign in to follow this  
Sufyellow

Ashton nailed it.

58 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Apart from the atmosphere what else did Ashton say? 

That it will not end well for Wagner. 

3 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

The gulf between the fans and the leadership team grows by the week . It doesn’t end well for the club if it continues.

it is up to the Board of Directors to sell a vision of the future along with the season ticket renewals if they want to have a better season next year

Only the Messiah Paul Lambert can save us now 

Don't you have www.tw4ts.com/forum to pollute bin boy?

Your silly comments fool no one, as you have been told may times.

10 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

So go up and stink the league out again? I would rather worry about it now , and would like to see what the plan is of how we try and do it differently. This team gets destroyed in the prem every week. There would be no fun in it like the last time. 

Here's the thing. We haven't always stunk seasons out in the Premier league. Bizarrely, our most recent visits have been the worst, table/results wise.

We always have done better with less of a throw the war-chest at it approach. Last time out I maintain switching to a 4-3-3 during a very broken and covid impacted pre-season took any momentum out of the charge.

I would always prefer to go up, give it a shot, than to sit in the Champs without giving it a good go, knowing that the squad will be impacted by a lack of prem money.

Football is corrupt, the Premier league is only just catching up with over a decades worth of FFP breaches... yet we got fined for chants Kings Lynn fans made in a pre-season fixture in the summer...

Like the vast majority of clubs in this country, even of our size, we just have to be honest and give it the best we've got.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

He said the atmosphere is terrible. The main reason really is most of us don't want to go up because of the past. This squad gets destroyed in the prem,  so what's the point. Some will say we get the Premier league money,  but unfortunately under Delia and Michael we can't afford to buy any premier league quality players, not their fault before people pile in. So what are we there for? To be entertained and win some games but not want to go up. Personally after 50 years of supporting the club I have never know my feelings to be such a mess where the club is concerned. And it all still comes back to what is the plan,  the take over can't come quick enough. Again we are arguing over the more vocal fans , but we keep over looking the 3 stands that seem to sit in silence. What do all you as fans want from this season and where do you see us going forward?

Agreed with you.

I want to win 100 percent of the games with style, by the same token I don't want to set foot in the premiership ever again.

So work that out?!?! 

Genuinely thought about following a non league club for a couple of years just to get back into games meaning something.

How many times did we rip the pi55 out of the binners for rotting in the champs for 20+years then only finding the way out downwards? And now there's people wanting that very fate ( maybe not the relegation) for us? Madness. Absolute madness. 

Stop the world I want to get off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

How many times did we rip the pi55 out of the binners for rotting in the champs for 20+years then only finding the way out downwards? And now there's people wanting that very fate ( maybe not the relegation) for us? Madness. Absolute madness. 

Stop the world I want to get off. 

Hilariously ironic isn't it!! 

For me, it is very simple. I want the club to achieve the best it can at any one time - that includes promotion from this division regardless of how we get on with the Premiership.

I am really confused with the lack of ambition from a lot of the fans - I get that it's not great to see us being smashed every week in the Premiership, but that's the reality if we want to progress. I would also hope that Knapper's approach would be very different to Webber's in the Premiership, and that we would have learnt something as a club from these experiences.

Also, the massive point that I think the "stay in Championshippers" miss is that without progress to the Premiership, and the money that comes along with it, there would be absolutely no guarantee we would be competing at the top of the Championship in the coming years. Far more likely is that we would lose all our best players, struggle to attract the Sainz/Sara style in-betweeners, and become a mid to lower table team with other teams taking our place.

It's simply not an "either-or" situation - without the yo-yo style Premership money and exposure we would start to drop like a stone.

• Like 1

Connor Southwell piece last night was an excellent review of the situation. And the question is who is so new to the club that they can act as the intermediary between the club and the fans? That I think is Ben knapper and may be Attanasio. 

I never thought I would ever say this but " I am lucky to live near Luton " and have Luton fans as friends. They had no expectations of this season but are so pleasantly surprised.

Now trying to be positive. What to do Luton have that burnley and Norwich under farkr dont/didn't. Answer attitude and athleticism.

Mark Robins criticised Norwichs attitude last week. An excellent first. There is no doubt that this norwich team are less good at football but much more athletic. Sargeant being the prime example but the stamina of Sara Mcclean and nunes is remarkable. In Stacey and Ginnoulis and McCallum we have three more athletes. And then there are Barnes and Sainz attitude all over the place. I liken Sainz to a mobile rat on acid [that's a compliment by the way]. Did you not notice the number of tactical fouls Norwich near the halfway line to stop breaks last night? Just like premiership teams.

So Norwich may get in the playoffs they may get promotion. If they do they will be more like Luton than Burnley. 

Sorry that took so long to say.

COYY

• Like 2

Farke took us up twice as Champions, we came straight back down, having a great Champs team is meaningless in the Premier league. I like us being a big champs team, a team where I feel nearly every match we play we have a great chance of winning, but there is also the real possibility of a loss, easy wins each week would be meaningless. Even in the seasons we went up as champs we had the odd loss here and there.

I started to dread the Prem matches - yes there were some big wins like against ManU and ManC but then you play Manu/ManC/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea as a run of six matches and get hammered by 4-5 goals in half of them and perhaps score 1-2 goals over the set of six the enjoyment evaporates.

I remember there was a stat a few years ago, we are the only team to be promoted as Champs, runner up, and thro the play-offs and also relegated as 18, 19 and 20.

13 minutes ago, taipei_canary said:

Farke took us up twice as Champions, we came straight back down, having a great Champs team is meaningless in the Premier league. I like us being a big champs team, a team where I feel nearly every match we play we have a great chance of winning, but there is also the real possibility of a loss, easy wins each week would be meaningless. Even in the seasons we went up as champs we had the odd loss here and there.

I started to dread the Prem matches - yes there were some big wins like against ManU and ManC but then you play Manu/ManC/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea as a run of six matches and get hammered by 4-5 goals in half of them and perhaps score 1-2 goals over the set of six the enjoyment evaporates.

I remember there was a stat a few years ago, we are the only team to be promoted as Champs, runner up, and thro the play-offs and also relegated as 18, 19 and 20.

Very much agree on that, I never relished playing the 'top teams' either as they generally thrash us and sometimes the players don't even celebrate their goals.

I don't think being in the PL has to be so miserable though. I think if Luton do go down this season their fans will still have enjoyed it. We just want to see a team that is at least competitive.

It's the last two relegations that have particularly ruined fans appetite. In 2004/2005 we were still in it until we collapsed on the final day, and in 2015/2016 we had our moments and got to 34 points which is far better than the last two efforts. Although ultimately relegation was horrible the seasons were enjoyable at times. The relegation under Hughton (and ultimately Adams) was pretty grim, but again we got to 33 points. The first relegation under Farke was rather men against boys, although I do think we could have at least got a higher points tally with some different factors. The last time under Farke/Smith was the most soul destroying, and was accompanied by a strange shift in how the club engaged with fans and media.

With the injury news on Rowe, Sargent struggling to get fit, Hanley likewise, Onel possibly with a knock too, I don't think we need to worry about promotion just yet, at least not with this squad.

However it needs to be the ultimate goal and I look forward to Knapper's plan to get there.

Ashton also said that section of supporters were petulant and childish, which was equally spot on.

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

That it will not end well for Wagner. 

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Ashton also said that section of supporters were petulant and childish, which was equally spot on.

Thanks for the information 👍

6 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

The experienced players you mention are all failed prem players , none of them are good enough, the youngsters you mention are decent championship players , none are outstanding enough to get us competing with this set up

I'd still rather be going to the shops with a loaded wallet to buy the missing ingredients required to make a cake, than tipping them all out in the hope that someone gives me enough money to put a roof over my head.

3 hours ago, Mutley said:

Apart from the atmosphere what else did Ashton say? 

He believed it was down to the previous seasons and our last Premier league campaign, I agree with him. Its not just about our club , it's football in general, for us we have been there recently and it was really bad. It seems you need a hundred million to give it ago. Some have said we get to play the big clubs, that's OK if you give them a game. 

5 hours ago, Serinus canaria said:

And equally I agree with Wagner - no doubt it doesn't help the players at all. Same with the flat atmosphere we have seen. I've felt for a few years that a bigger atmosphere could have got the team over the line in games or turned games whereas instead the team has typically folded (last night aside).

I agree with your agreement with Wagner, but it’s not true that this team fold when losing, is it? We’ve come from behind to win several times, and with the first couple it was pointed out how rare this had been in the recent past. Wagner has given them the belief/skills/tenacity/whatever to keep going and pull things back.

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I agree with your agreement with Wagner, but it’s not true that this team fold when losing, is it? We’ve come from behind to win several times, and with the first couple it was pointed out how rare this had been in the recent past. Wagner has given them the belief/skills/tenacity/whatever to keep going and pull things back.

That's a good point. The recent few months do seem to have bucked this trend. Although I do wonder whether over recent seasons the crowd atmosphere will have played some role in influencing which direction games have gone.

PL money massive plus for us and much needed 

If it happens then great but I think it is to early for the team

would like a more close knit settled team to stand a chance like Luton and Brentford that has been built and gel together as a unit 

we are far to inconsistent even for championship and play at times like individuals 

but we can never turn down PL money 

11 hours ago, chicken said:

Here's the thing. We haven't always stunk seasons out in the Premier league. Bizarrely, our most recent visits have been the worst, table/results wise.

We always have done better with less of a throw the war-chest at it approach. Last time out I maintain switching to a 4-3-3 during a very broken and covid impacted pre-season took any momentum out of the charge.

I would always prefer to go up, give it a shot, than to sit in the Champs without giving it a good go, knowing that the squad will be impacted by a lack of prem money.

Football is corrupt, the Premier league is only just catching up with over a decades worth of FFP breaches... yet we got fined for chants Kings Lynn fans made in a pre-season fixture in the summer...

Like the vast majority of clubs in this country, even of our size, we just have to be honest and give it the best we've got.

I bought into all of that , we will give it our best shot do it our way , I  excepted going up coming down,  the club changed that the day they sacked Farke,  some fans wanted more and the board agreed.  Unfortunately that season is not forgotten,  so when we see it being played out from the back and a mistake made we see any team in the prem scoring from it. This team is worse than the last two , and the set up would be ripped apart if we went up. We haven't got a style that could give us any chance in the Premiership,  maybe that is part of the problem with fans. I don't know the answer,  but it's not telling fans to stay away. 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

PL money massive plus for us and much needed 

If it happens then great but I think it is to early for the team

would like a more close knit settled team to stand a chance like Luton and Brentford that has been built and gel together as a unit 

we are far to inconsistent even for championship and play at times like individuals 

but we can never turn down PL money 

Pl money has not stopped us getting in so much debt , it hasn't stopped us having to sell our best players. We can't afford players Brentford can buy. 

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I'd still rather be going to the shops with a loaded wallet to buy the missing ingredients required to make a cake, than tipping them all out in the hope that someone gives me enough money to put a roof over my head.

Sort of agree, trouble is we still couldn't afford the right ingredients even with alot extra in the wallet,  so why would anything change in the summer. 

15 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

We always should strive for the best. Did everyone shake in their boots when we got into Europe and had the prospect of facing Bayern? Was everyone saying we shouldn't be trying to win the PL because what would happen when real giants came knocking? 

Would this squad fair well up there? Absolutely not. But we wouldn't have THIS squad would we, I'd wager that Mr america would happily plough I significantly greater amount of money into the club in the summer if we were looking at a survival campaign in the PL, than he would if it was another championship slog against the odds to go up ( with the 3 coming down being the favourites plus whoever misses out on plays offs + a squad that probably loses Rowe and possibly a couple others ) 

It's much easier to bring in new talent to a PL team than a championship team, sell them the dream and they will come, and to those who said who would join a team likely for the drop, ask Barkley etc. Why they joined Luton the team most were saying were " 100% for the drop and probably beating Derby's record along with it " 

Anything can happen. New blood joins, majority of the old guard plagued by premier League whippings are gone, Sarge looks twice the player he did before and I'd happily put money on him doing well in the top league if we can get the service to him this time. 

It's all about recruitment, it's always only ever about recruitment, the RIGHT recruitment, you can spend 100's of millions and sign all the wrong players, or you can spend absolutely nothing and sign all the right players, hungry and with a chip on their shoulder to PROVE they are premier League footballers, THAT'S how you survive the 1st season, with fight not fancy stuff. The will and drive to prove to the world they have what it takes! 

Look at our Lambert squad the first time round, who out of that team did we genuinely think would fair as well in the Prem? I would say no one, no even Holty and Wes, we knew they had quality, but premier League quality? Absolutely we didn't know. 

If we go up, and don't survive then so be it but we go down fighting, we go down battling for every point, we go down with pride and THAT'S all we can ask for in those circumstances! Would this squad do that? No! But I say again, IT WOULD NOT BE THIS SQUAD IT WOULD HAVE ADDITIONS, and if ( a big if ) those additions were the right additions not for 2 or 3 seasons down the line like last time then why cant we cause a few bloody noses and stay the course! 

Every single person with this woe is me mentality of the premier League needs to get a grip of themselves and roar this team onto what would be one of our most incredible promotions ever and then make OUR HOME a horrible place for the PL primadonna's to come!! Carrow road needs to be a place that others fear! Not us fearing who's coming!!! 

If I was about to go over the trenches I would be behind you. As it's us, well, I Iike your style.

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

If I was about to go over the trenches I would be behind you. As it's us, well, I Iike your style.

Trouble is ,it's a dream. I will let your families know you Both died bravely,  unfortunately Webber supplied your weapons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Pl money has not stopped us getting in so much debt , it hasn't stopped us having to sell our best players. We can't afford players Brentford can buy. 

Sorry did not explain I was talking Brentford when first went up 

who bolted on a couple of players to a good spine of a team

It is our wage structure which also holds us back 

Luton have added two big earners to a solid team something we would never do 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Captain-Cook219.jpg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Sort of agree, trouble is we still couldn't afford the right ingredients even with alot extra in the wallet,  so why would anything change in the summer. 

Well, you're basically asking if Knapper's shopping basket would be any different to Webber's there.  What do you think?

I think they're completely different characters whereby Knapper comes back with what you wanted and counts the change back in your hand.  Webber much more likely to substitute items as they had 2 for 1 offers on the supermarket branded ones, and he 'thinks' the change is right, he's left it by the cooker.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Serinus canaria said:

That's a good point. The recent few months do seem to have bucked this trend. Although I do wonder whether over recent seasons the crowd atmosphere will have played some role in influencing which direction games have gone.

I completely agree that the crowd is (dare I say it?) our twelfth man.

LET’S BE ‘AVIN YOU!!!

6 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Also, why has that god awful out of date goal music returned!!!! The drum is the answer. 

It got us 4 goals though - a big positive. Long may it ring out, to continue the positive outlook!