I've just been told by a friend that Rowe is out for the season. This could be complete nonsense. Has anyone heard anything? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've just been told by a friend that Rowe is out for the season. This could be complete nuisance. Has anyone heard anything? 

What is your friend's source? How likely do you think it is that he has inside knowledge? I've heard nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club already know the results of the scans. If he really is out for the season, that would indicate a torn hamstring rather than a simple pull.

He only had his scan yesterday so I'd be surprised unless your friend knows someone who was saw the results.

Obviously a 3 mth lay-off is effectively the rest of the season so it's entirely feasible.

He walked off and back around to the tunnel unassisted, can't think he would have done so if it was a bad enough tear to put him out for months. 

Be a shame if it is the case, though. 

47 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What is your friend's source? How likely do you think it is that he has inside knowledge? I've heard nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club already know the results of the scans. If he really is out for the season, that would indicate a torn hamstring rather than a simple pull.

I am aware that he has a close friend who does work for a lot of the players but he's not responding to messages. I'm hoping it's nonsense 

• Like 1

If he was walking unaided you can rule out a grade 3 injury or worse. So depending on whether a stain or small tear, he’ll be out anywhere dorm 2 - 8 weeks IMO. 

Of course, we’ll find out soon. But I’d be very surprised if it was any longer and the season… although whether he regains full fitness before the season is out is another question.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

IF it is 8 weeks, we will then need to introduce him back slowly. 

Wagner seems to take a VERY (too?) cautious approach on bringing players back from injury (he is equally as cautious on introducing new signings) so that would basically see Rowe out for most of the season.

Although maybe back in time for the play off games (we can dream!)

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now let's hope Sainz does not pick up an injury or we might as well call off the season at that point

I'm more worried about red cards!

The trouble is if Rowe and / or Sainz are injured and out of the season it provides an obvious excuse that the issue is not Wagner's but just bad luck. And as we know, at least of the one joint majority owners will endorse that view, although one of the others will no doubt look to the floor as they mention this publicly.

There is the old adage you make your own luck. As many on here have mentioned other teams suffer from such problems with far fewer resource than us, but get on with it.

If we properly blooded academy players (by properly I mean in their preferred positions on the pitch), they can be introduced as cover without too much of a shift down in performance. That blooding of academy players is a pro-active bit of management that Wagner's best mate at Liverpool does all the time. Strange it doesn't seem to rub off on Wagner, indeed when he had a chance of impressing his best mate with such pro-activity, he decided to play an additional goalkeeper. He's made his bed. 

24 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The trouble is if Rowe and / or Sainz are injured and out of the season it provides an obvious excuse that the issue is not Wagner's but just bad luck. And as we know, at least of the one joint majority owners will endorse that view, although one of the others will no doubt look to the floor as they mention this publicly.

There is the old adage you make your own luck. As many on here have mentioned other teams suffer from such problems with far fewer resource than us, but get on with it.

If we properly blooded academy players (by properly I mean in their preferred positions on the pitch), they can be introduced as cover without too much of a shift down in performance. That blooding of academy players is a pro-active bit of management that Wagner's best mate at Liverpool does all the time. Strange it doesn't seem to rub off on Wagner, indeed when he had a chance of impressing his best mate with such pro-activity, he decided to play an additional goalkeeper. He's made his bed. 

Agreed - the boy Aboh should have had time on the bench (and pitch) by now. No sign of that I'm afraid. We are more likely to see Gibbs upfront during the Rowe absence than Aboh! After all Wagner 'has form' in that direction.

Yep, if the worse comes to the worse, we'll all be told that Gibbs "...can also play as a right sided attacking midfielder/winger, so its not too much of a miss".

44 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

This is the perfect opportunity to bring in Ken Aboh into the side. We keep hearing is is a great striker and isn't interested in signing a new contract,  so surely with Rowe out he is the obvious choice? He needs convincing we are serous about him having a future with us,  but unless we make some positive moves,  we will probably lose him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

He walked off and back around to the tunnel unassisted, can't think he would have done so if it was a bad enough tear to put him out for months. 

Be a shame if it is the case, though. 

It is actually quite a bit less than 3 months to the end of the league season - believe it or not - so it’s possible only a relatively minor tear might put him out for the rest of the season. A six-week injury + recovery time and the (main league) season is all-but over.

Let’s hope it isn’t that bad, but remember Gibson last season was similarish.

Can I ask the people suggesting we bring Aboh into the side how many times they've watched him play? Because it's quite difficult to say whether or not he should be starting if you haven't seen him play regularly. And I fall into that category. 

I would suggest that if he was ready he would have had time on the bench already. It's like everyone saying "play SVH instead of Barnes". 

1. I don't think he's going to be playing as a second striker.

2. So you think we should start Sydders, someone with no experience of British leagues, over someone with plenty? 

I'd like to see him too but there's a thing called patience that we should probably have on that one. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Can I ask the people suggesting we bring Aboh into the side how many times they've watched him play? Because it's quite difficult to say whether or not he should be starting if you haven't seen him play regularly. And I fall into that category. 

I would suggest that if he was ready he would have had time on the bench already. It's like everyone saying "play SVH instead of Barnes". 

2. So you think we should start Sydders, someone with no experience of British leagues, over someone with plenty? 

I'd like to see him too but there's a thing called patience that we should probably have on that one. 

In fairness RE Aboh, I'm not sure anyone is suggesting he goes straight into a starting place. Fasi seems to have the shirt at the moment with Hernandez regularly brought on. 

However given diminished options with Rowes injury and Springett + Plachetas departure, it would seem an ideal time to get Aboh, Welch or Myles on the bench and minutes if appropriate. Wouldn't it be great to see a new academy prospect get on the pitch at 2-0 up tonight?

• Like 3

Is Aboh a winger or striker? If the latter then surely Van Hooijdonk has priority?

I'm not sure pretending Aboh is a winger is the way forward, especially as we know the way we play relies on said winger being decent defensively.

30 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

In fairness RE Aboh, I'm not sure anyone is suggesting he goes straight into a starting place. Fasi seems to have the shirt at the moment with Hernandez regularly brought on. 

However given diminished options with Rowes injury and Springett + Plachetas departure, it would seem an ideal time to get Aboh, Welch or Myles on the bench and minutes if appropriate. Wouldn't it be great to see a new academy prospect get on the pitch at 2-0 up tonight?

Aboh might be good for a spot on the bench - Kamara may work out beautifully in the longer term, but didn’t look ready when given minutes last season, so it would be interesting to see/compare.  

3 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

So why, pray, did we sign the guy then!! He was signed as an upgrade on Idah with the specific aim of scoring goals to secure a play off spot surely??

The worrying reading on here is that 80% of Norwich fans seem to think Rowe is a striker…

That's the rest of the season then.

He'll probably never play for us again if rumours of a summer sale are correct.

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just been announced Rowe set to be out for months. The injury is serious. 

Really pity.. hope we see him again in the Yellow & Green but reckon QPR might be his last outing... Great player!

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This has possibly cost us anything up to £30m

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This has possibly cost us anything up to £30m

Or we sell Sara and Gunn instead.

Hopefully Rowe can heal in time for the transfer window, or close to it.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Or we sell Sara and Gunn instead.

Hopefully Rowe can heal in time for the transfer window, or close to it.

Fingers crossed 

57 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just announced? Wagner said as much in his interview on Radio Norfolk last night, but hoped that Rowe would be back before the end of this season. No operation required, but rest and recuperation.