KiwiScot

****The Official Lappinitup Match Thread - QPR v Norwich****

3 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

this city side so frustrating - no wonder there is so much negativity -  against one of the poorest side in the champs

This sides makes no sense should be the saying and I feel will be how we look back at this season come the end.

One week we look like we could beat anyone and then the very next we look like a team struggling to survive at the bottom of the table..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I just don't get why Rowe hasn't started. It was a hand injury, not a leg and he has missed, what? Three games.

• Like 1

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

I just don't get why Rowe hasn't started. It was a hand injury, not a leg and he has missed, what? Three games.

Watching them warm up he does look a bit ‘awkward’.  I can see why he didn’t start - some players get on with such injuries, others don’t; iimagine Barnes being one who’d love it.

Well, still time to turn it around, I suppose.

Quite why we're performing like that following the Coventry win, I do not know.

It's patently clear that Nunez has become crucial to how we've been playing. He had proof of this in the away game v Millwall, yet has repeated the very same **** up.

This squad would be top 6 with a coach picking the right lineups.

• Like 3

Really poor half from us. QPR not better, just a goal ahead.

Would say in hindsight it was a mistake to go back to Barnes after looking good in the previous game without. AB himself has actually done fine, it's just the stark contrast in performance from last time out and that's the only meaningful change.

At least we know we have players on the bench that can change it up 

This is starting to look like last season. We get within striking distance of the sixth place and then we turn in a poor performance and we're back where we started.

What has happened to Sara? He looks awful today.

I don't think the formation has worked and I hope we change it soon, although I imagine it will be the sixtieth minute, a pre-planned change as always.

QPR are decent, certainly not looking like relegation fodder. But we look poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Zero shots on target against one of the worst teams in the divison in 45 minutes by the way

Yep. And yet still conceding a goal with QPR hardly having a ton of chances.

One positive I've noted (a bit on a tangent) is that Bradley Hills, youngster on loan at Accrington, is captaining the team this afternoon (winning away at HT) - that is some recognition and responsibility as well as fantastic experience for him (and us). It has to be encouraging for us next year if he can come back and nail one of those CB positions. Having the captaincy as well on loan indicates he might be the real deal. I can't read into it any other way.

Anyway, that's for the future. We need some quick changes in formation and personnel this second half. The sides all around us are struggling. If we can win today we could be 6th by 4.55pm!

Wagner at his best again - no changes to team-  beat any explanation 

Edited by baldy09

Lovely corner routine, makes up for those duffers in the 1st half. Maybe they were to lure QPR into a false sense of security 😁

Whatever we all moan about at times, Wagner has created a resilient team. This is a team that shows time and again it can come back in games.

Please tell me Sargeant and Colback are going to swap shirts at the end of the game? Although would we even know if they did?