KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Coventry***

Interestingly, Plymouth have taken the lead away to Swansea - and Forshaw got the assist!

Not able to listen or watch but from what I can understand it’s all huff and no puff? Anyone gives update on how we are doing?

7 minutes ago, Payno10 said:

Not able to listen or watch but from what I can understand it’s all huff and no puff? Anyone gives update on how we are doing?

Far better side - few bits of giving the ball away cheaply & setting Cov on a free counter but i don't think we can complain so far. Kennys long passes have been unsuccessful. 

• Like 1

Very encouraging half, deserve to be ahead. Some lovely passages of play and an entertaining game. 

Decent game for a goalless draw so far, hopefully see the new lad before too long 

Well, all is set up for Syd to come off the bench, get some Norfolk air in his lungs and then his first goal. Hope Wagner gives him 25 to 30 minutes.

COYY.

Coventry looked to be finishing the half a bit brighter there, but 0-0 at half-time. Would expect SvD to make an appearance soon enough. Definitely all to play for going into the second half, Coventry will think they can get a counter to stick.

One of the best half’s of Wagnerball IMO despite the scoreline and some misplaced passing. Pretty even but we really should have done enough to be ahead.

• Like 1

No complaints about that half at all.Sainz is now beginning to add some good defensive work to his game.Fassnacht probably the least effective.

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

One of the best half’s of Wagnerball IMO despite the scoreline and some misplaced passing. Pretty even but we really should have done enough to be ahead.

Some? I counted five dangerous passes from defence on the 30 minute mark when Duffy headed out straight to a Coventry player.

That apart, we have been excellent, but they are a good team and this could go either way.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

No complaints about that half at all.Sainz is now beginning to add some good defensive work to his game.Fassnacht probably the least effective.

I think Fass has had a great game so far - lots of quick link up play

• Haha 1

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's been poor. 

In fairness, just his passing. He's done some good defensive work and had a few dangerous, mayoral-style runs forward.

Lack of goalmouth action from either side. 0-0 probably a fair reflection of the game so far. Plenty of Norwich possession without troubling their goalkeeper. Need to improve in the 2nd half if we are to win this. 

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

In fairness, just his passing. He's done some good defensive work and had a few dangerous, mayoral-style runs forward.

He's got around the pitch well, but he always does that. It's his total lack of quality and ability to effect the game that I hate. Chris Goreham noted in the comms it's been three years since he scored at Carrow Road. That is totally unacceptable for a number 8 that plays week-in-week-out.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's been poor. 

One of the few that wants to get on the ball though. Nothing up front to pass to. 

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Some? I counted five dangerous passes from defence on the 30 minute mark when Duffy headed out straight to a Coventry player.

That apart, we have been excellent, but they are a good team and this could go either way.

I believe “some” covers 5 lol.

Yea I agree entirely. 

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Screenshot_20240203_155116_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8d5939a303c6e2fa9cddcfccc77c4321.jpg

IMG_5985.jpeg

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1