15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

PP rumor, decent move for him really considering his limitations. 

Screenshot_20240201-143355.png

Will run all the way to Swansea and do nothing when he gets there

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Will run all the way to Swansea and do nothing when he gets there

Or gets stuck up a cul-de-sac in Swindon on the way.

Edited by Bigbrenn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah, but why Brum over Sunderland?!

Because unjustly sacked Sunderland manager Tony Mowbray went there and their new manager Michael Beale is rubbish.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Ben Godfrey to Leeds would be a good signing for Farke 

I think Godfrey's reluctance to jump at the chance to sign for Farke (they've been trying all month) is knowing that Leeds are desperate for full backs and so he'll end up playing right back for half a season when he sees himself as a centre back.

But he'll no doubt take that on deadline day over being stuck on the Everton bench if no other moves have materialised.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Agreed. One we should've got instead of Hwang. 

They are paying £30k a week towards his wages. 

No chance we're paying anybody that much a few months away from losing parachute payments. 

33 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

After being rebuffed in their attempts to sign Jack Clarke, Jon Rowe and Morgan Whittaker, Lazio's insistence on signing an English winger appears to have bore fruit, with Ryan Kent on the verge on signing for them. 

Ryan Kent must have a brilliant agent getting all these moves, I can see why he was their Plan D.

Just now, If wed kept Howie.. said:

are we looking a bit short on numbers? if Placheta goes, along with Springett and Forshaw?

None of those 3 were playing regularly so no. 

If we need players for the bench then promote from within. Give Aboh etc.  some bench experience/minutes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

This is a couple of years old but one of the best...

No photo description available.

I didn't know Peter Crouch was still playing

Zaroury from Burnley to hull another quality signing for them 😏

• Sad 1

Starting to look like Hull and WBA have 5th and 6th sorted to me,   Hull have been on fire this window, both teams have a game in hand.  Dang!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, daz said:

As I recall he had Aarons on toast when we played them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

None of those 3 were playing regularly so no. 

If we need players for the bench then promote from within. Give Aboh etc.  some bench experience/minutes. 

We are going to have to put more academy players on the bench, because we are down to 8 homegrown players over 21 at the moment (see the Contract conundrums for my last post on this). If one of them gets injured, with Idah off, Wagner will have to put some of the "homegrown" U21's on the bench ahead of overseas players to get the numbers up.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

Its not the one that we have got its the ones that we appear to be missing that annoys me

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Starting to look like Hull and WBA have 5th and 6th sorted to me,   Hull have been on fire this window, both teams have a game in hand.  Dang!

Brom looking like signing chambers too. 

14 minutes ago, daz said:

Throw in Emmanuel Dennis back at Watford. Exactly this literally all the teams around us have strengthened considerably yet we have let players go. If I was Wagner I would be fuming. It makes zero sense as well the club backed him when things were going wrong he has somehow turned it around yet the backing has stopped. Watch us miss out on the playoffs by 3 points……..

Does seem an odd window. I wonder whether the capital that Attanasio talked about is on hold until the formalities of his share acquisition are resolved. Back at the AGM there seemed to be an expectation that this wouldn’t take a long time !!

Not heard the new potential player  deal Van Hooijdonk- is he a good prospect for city ?

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Brom looking like signing chambers too. 

I didn't realise that Hull had also signed a Turkish international today.  A FIFA legend, apparently. 

Based on my playing of the game he'll have purple hair, 8 foot tall and the speed of a rocket.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Not heard the new potential player  deal Van Hooijdonk- is he a good prospect for city ?

Tall and strong. Not had too good a season this year but did well in last.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Does seem an odd window. I wonder whether the capital that Attanasio talked about is on hold until the formalities of his share acquisition are resolved. Back at the AGM there seemed to be an expectation that this wouldn’t take a long time !!

Definitely something happening or not happening as the case may be. Not sure if it's good or bad, but frustrating that for a club pushing a play-off place this hasn't been more dynamic this window.

I just hope Van Hooijdonk can get up to speed very quickly. I know it's only one game but Coventry relying on Sargent and Barnes and potentially no Rowe is worrying.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Moore is a good signing for Ipswich. He's a good footballer as well as a big lump and will be dangerous for them. We look like we're waiting for the summer and will just see how the rest of the season goes with what we have minus some of the deadwood.

Bit disappointing but understandable in the grand scheme of things.

Any chance we can get a spotter at Carrow Road and another at Colney, see if any interesting number plates turn up for medicals?

23 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I didn't realise that Hull had also signed a Turkish international today.  A FIFA legend, apparently. 

Based on my playing of the game he'll have purple hair, 8 foot tall and the speed of a rocket.

This? 

Hull announce Omur signing

Hull have confirmed the signing of Abdulkadir Omur from Trabzonspor for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old Turkey international has signed a three-and-a-half year contract, with a club option to extend that by a further 12 months.

Omur, a midfielder by trade, made 211 appearances after making his professional debut in 2016.