KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

We're playing one of the best teams in the world. We've lost two in 13 prior to this.

Why have we not taken it seriously then and played our strongest side? 

Ah yes the old only lost 2 in 13 arguement. What were you saying when we went no win in 10 earlier in the season? Regardless of the result of this game we are poorly coached and are underperforming. As I’ve said before, it’s not individual errors if it constantly happening then it’s a problem with the system you’re playing.  I’ve got anything personal against Wagner, he seems a nice guy. I think we all know deep down though there’s no long term future with him in-charge. We won’t make the playoffs this season. I’m willing to have £100 on it with you if you like? I’d be pleasantly surprised if I have to pay up. 

Stacey's first touch is always backwards, even when he has space in front of him. This is not the first game I have noticed this. 

• Like 1

I now see why Klopp is leaving… not a Fox in the box but maybe a wench in the trench?

IMG_4228.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Goalmouth scramble.

Long did well there.

Long did very well. If that was Allison did that Mr & Mrs commentator would be wetting themselves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Ah yes the old only lost 2 in 13 arguement. What were you saying when we went no win in 10 earlier in the season? Regardless of the result of this game we are poorly coached and are underperforming. As I’ve said before, it’s not individual errors if it constantly happening then it’s a problem with the system you’re playing.  I’ve got anything personal against Wagner, he seems a nice guy. I think we all know deep down though there’s no long term future with him in-charge. We won’t make the playoffs this season. I’m willing to have £100 on it with you if you like? I’d be pleasantly surprised if I have to pay up. 

Though I would love to see city go up - we are no- where good enough at the moment even to think we can even compete even with the bottom Prem  6  sides

• Like 1

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We had loads of injuries but I agree our form wasn't good enough in September/October and he made some mistakes through that period for sure. Wagner has since tightened us up and got people fit again... hence two losses in 13. I'm not saying he's a brilliant manager and I don't rate him even close to Farke, but he's not bad and today isn't his fault. We could have way worse.

At least we can take some positives from this having scored the best goal of the game.

We can concentrate on the league now but this squad needs strengthening. We're looking very leggy.

Coventry next week is a huge game for Wagner

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

I now see why Klopp is leaving… not a Fox in the box but maybe a wench in the trench?

IMG_4228.jpeg

Who is she Tilly??

3 minutes ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Stacey's first touch is always backwards, even when he has space in front of him. This is not the first game I have noticed this. 

I was going to post the same thing. When we look like we migght open them up, he receives it aand passes to the CB. Bafflling

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Though I would love to see city go up - we are no- where good enough at the moment even to think we can even compete even with the bottom Prem  6  sides

We have 5 players who I think could make it in the prem. safe to say we are off that standard. 

Well not been a bad game to watch -at least we have not humiliated ourselves

I don't think we can complain about this performance/ result. The rollercoaster we've been on scoring 2 & only conceding 4 is a success story. 

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Seems to have been hardly any free kicks in this game

McConnell and Bradley should have had a few reducers early on but we've haven't really got close enough. Too much respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Looks a bit dominatrix 

Maybe she could coach our defence

1 minute ago, Canario said:

Or at least given a fair crack of the whip....

1 minute ago, Canario said:

We need someone like that in the dugout - maybe that’s the secret formula??

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

We had loads of injuries but I agree our form wasn't good enough in September/October and he made some mistakes through that period for sure. Wagner has since tightened us up and got people fit again... hence two losses in 13. I'm not saying he's a brilliant manager and I don't rate him even close to Farke, but he's not bad and today isn't his fault. We could have way worse.

2 of those 13 are against Bristol Rovers though who we couldn’t beat at home. Hardly covering themselves in glory. 

Some of today is absolutely his fault. We could have played our strongest eleven. We could have done something other than parking the buss from minute one. We could have not made suicidal passes at the back with their instructions to play out from the back despite there being absolutely no movement from our side to get out. 

Like I’ve said if we are all honest we know there’s no long term future with Wagner. As such I don’t see any real point in wasting a season with him here. Any other side he would have been sacked after the way we finished last season. We were 5th when he took over and finished 11th despite having the largest wage bill in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1