Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v WBA****

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Decent save to be fair to their keeper.

He's denied Rowe about four or five times now. Had they had a worse keeper in goal do feel Rowe would have scored quite a few

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah, I’m not the one constantly on McLean’s back.

Whatever, chill a bit and enjoy the game.

No, sounds like he's on yours.

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's denied Rowe about four or five times now. Had they had a worse keeper in goal do feel Rowe would have scored quite a few

Could be about 4-4 if WBA had their shooting boots on.

A win, a clean sheet, a decent first half performance and a counter-attacking second goal to take the wind out of their sails. Still a long way off being a solid 90-minute outfit, but that was one of our better outings today.

Great result. Well done City and well done Mr Wagner. 👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Depending on how the game goes I wont be surprised to see Gibson and Barnes subbed,McLean back at CH and Nunez joining Soronson in midfield

What do I know

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

This is not our best 11

Superb analysis from Jim

• Haha 1

Not making excuses for DW but man alive have we missed the Sarge. Such an asset, such a handful at this level. 

• Like 1

Looking back to that Huddersfield game and Josh's brave goal which led to his injury...and you realise how this team works with him in it. It's been a terrible miss for us. He is a talisman. What might have been.

As for Huddersfield I wouldn't care if they get relegated.

Anyway, now Sarge is back who knows, maybe we can trouble those play off positions. This is a great time of the season to start coming into some form.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Uhh.. Wagner out Delia out or something

Given how hard we find it to fill the CDM position, it's only fair to say that no one pivots like you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really good performance today, probably the best of the season. Play offs a genuine concern now 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Looking back to that Huddersfield game and Josh's brave goal which led to his injury...and you realise how this team works with him in it. It's been a terrible miss for us. He is a talisman. What might have been.

Anyway, now Sarge is back who knows, maybe we can trouble those play off positions. This is a great time of the season to start coming into some form.

This. Sarge leads from the front literally lol, I think his pressing and commitment along with his goals really rubs off on the rest of the players, look how committed and determined we were today, that has been sorely missing most of the season.

• Like 1

I'm starting to get mildly concerned that I'm due to be on a Greek island during the playoff final...

• Haha 1

Played well, especially first half. 
Invited pressure onto ourselves a bit too much early second half and lucky not to be punished, but the tactic worked when we hit them on the break. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

So glad Sargent signed that contract. We feel like such a different team when he plays

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm starting to get mildly concerned that I'm due to be on a Greek island during the playoff final...

Opa ...

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not making excuses for DW but man alive have we missed the Sarge. Such an asset, such a handful at this level. 

He's not fully match fit though. If you compare his energy now to the games before he got injured he's well below par.

But, as you say, a real handful, so hopefully he'll be unstoppable with a few more games under his belt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

He's not fully match fit though. If you compare his energy now to the games before he got injured he's well below par.

But, as you say, a real handful, so hopefully he'll be unstoppable with a few more games under his belt.

Indeed but I still maintain he’d benefit from Rowe, Sara, Sainz behind him feeding him the balls to score!

• Like 1

There was a period of play for 10-15 minutes in the first half when it looked like someone had flicked a switch. It was PL class stuff. If we can keep that button pressed ...

• Like 3

Good win, shows how much we missed Sarge, hopefully it continues! Recruitment has been abysmal clearly, with the right squad David might actually be alright 🤷

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is it best to sit upper or lower tier at Wembley in May ??

You'll have a better view of Daniel Farke waving around another Championship trophy from a lower tier.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is it best to sit upper or lower tier at Wembley in May ??

Usually in the opposition end with a half and half scarf 

Edited by Foxy2600
F