Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v WBA****

Just now, Satriales said:

Chris Sutton saying on 5 live it was the correct decision. 

Definitely was, seen replay, controlled with his hand. Not intentionally but his hand definitely deflected the ball from his natural course.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Saved by the ref.. Not for the first time

Clear hand ball 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Was indeed, thankfuly the ref saw it.

Did not see Gibson wiping out a Brom attacker in the box from behind without getting the ball mind..

And that was a fantastic tackle, are you pissed today Cambs??? 🤣

Pretty good today. Still think we’d be better with Nunez on and Sara more advanced but it’s been a decent display so far against a fairly one dimensional WBA side. If they are 5th then it just shows how obtainable the playoffs are. 

First time in ages that i think that the performance warrants more from the crowd. 

• Like 1

To the refs on here. 

Coote said twice in that half "If he'd given the penalty, he'd have to have sent him off." First time about Gibson's tackle,  second time when Gunn rushed out to the ball.

He's wrong about that, isn't he? Thought they'd scrapped the double jeopardy rule 

• Like 1

Really good performance that.

Decent tackling and chasing and some nice pass and movement.

Can we actually keep it up for the whole game for once??

WBA look a bit passive, I suspect they'll have a rocket up their a*rses at half-time, and we've never been convincing over 90 minutes for a long time, so this second half will tell us a few things.

Long-term, counter-attacking football might give us more of a chance in the Premier (not saying we'll get there this season by any means, but let's face it - we've generally tried front-foot footy in our last two attempts and fallen dreadfully short. Something more attritional but with a polished line in counters can still be watchable though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

And that was a fantastic tackle, are you pissed today Cambs??? 🤣

Some of the posters on this board would blame Gibson for mistakes even if he wasn't playing . Back off and support your team . Playing really well . What game are you watching Cambs ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

First time in ages that i think that the performance warrants more from the crowd. 

Was very interesting that the sweeping move out from the back suddenly got the crowd going. Clear sign of the sort of football most of us want to see.

• Like 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

To the refs on here. 

Coote said twice in that half "If he'd given the penalty, he'd have to have sent him off." First time about Gibson's tackle,  second time when Gunn rushed out to the ball.

He's wrong about that, isn't he? Thought they'd scrapped the double jeopardy rule 

Double jeopardy rule only applies if its considered a genuine attempt to play the ball. If the ref considers it to be more cynical you still get the red. Otherwise you could headbutt somebody in the penalty area and only get a yellow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought we were pretty poor up to scoring, but grew more and more into the game thereafter. Finished the half much the better team and currently the only side that looks like scoring. Let’s keep it that way please, a second goal would be great as I can see us retreating the longer the game stays at 1-0 -  with the prospect of using the bench potentially hurting us too.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

To the refs on here. 

Yeah he's 100% wrong, unless it dangerous play then it would only be a yellow 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Excellent first half from Gibson. We've missed him.

If he is off in the summer, which is likely, we definitely need a left footed centre back to replace him, more balanced with one in the side which is probably why McLean ended up there.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Excellent first half from Gibson. We've missed him.

Playing well. And benefiting from McClean dropping deep to be a 3rd CB at times

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t think this is the first time I’ve suggested McLean must have shagged your missus.

Sounds like he might be shagging you.

Its only one half, need another, not happened yet this season.  Lately been better in second lets see. 

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sounds like he might be shagging you.

You’d probably still criticise his performance.

• Haha 1

Good job these ****ers can't finish. Could have been 3 in this half alone, once again they're waltzing through our midfield. 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

You’d probably still criticise his performance.

Given how miserable you are, I wouldn't be assuming he's pleasing you to any great extent.

See, that's what I do, assess the available evidence and reach a suitable conclusion. I know that's not a popular strategy in this brave new world, but it's what I'll continue to do, even if people like you end up butthurt (though it looks like that might be Kenny's fault, not mine).

I bet you still high-fived him and wished him good day.

They have adjusted and are now playing through our flawed formation too easily. Very lucky not to have conceded. He needs to change it now and bring Nunez on

• Like 1

Saint less spectacular today but doing a lot of decent work nevertheless. And keeping his cool so far.