No, not a transfer signing rumour 😉

Decent striker who has since revealed himself to be quite the idiotic hothead it seems. Never did understand why he's tried becoming a manager when its always been clear when you hear him speak for more than a minute that there's not much going on in his brain

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What the hell is Deeney doing managing FGR ?

Can''t see him going all veggie.

Haven't I read that all the biggest serial killers are veggies? 😉 

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Decent striker who has since revealed himself to be quite the idiotic hothead it seems. Never did understand why he's tried becoming a manager when its always been clear when you hear him speak for more than a minute that there's not much going on in his brain

*Deeney 

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just been sacked, who would have thought that would be a car crash appointment??

Can’t see it being reported anywhere, only the sun. 

Will we see the lady coach whose name escapes me be placed in temporary charge again? 

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Will we see the lady coach whose name escapes me be placed in temporary charge again? 

It’s being reported by everyone.

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Just five matches in. Now that's a short term.. Not as short a term as Liz Truss had mind

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

27 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just been sacked, who would have thought that would be a car crash appointment??

The thing about his comments on that right back being a kick away from the Prem 6 months ago and now being close to ending up in the National League, is that the same could be said about Deeney who was in the Championship 6 months ago and has managed 4 goals in 18 games in League Two this season, projecting much?

29 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Probably within the 11 minute everyone caught on, just seen bbc have, club yet to announce 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Quicker than SSN me.....😁

Screenshot_20240118_215246_Facebook.jpg

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I recently listened to a podcast by Deeney and Defoe. It could best be described as a painful experience. Anyone who gives either of those two a management job must be mad. 

• Like 1

Is my memory playing tricks with me or was he a n0bjockey about us early on in his career when at Walsall and we played them in League One?

Can't remember the details but I do remember he carried on showing his n0bjockery when he got jailed for assault or something when at Watford?

An unpredictable loose cannon for a while I guess. Leopards and spots and all that.

7 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Is my memory playing tricks with me or was he a n0bjockey about us early on in his career when at Walsall and we played them in League One?

Can't remember the details but I do remember he carried on showing his n0bjockery when he got jailed for assault or something when at Watford?

An unpredictable loose cannon for a while I guess. Leopards and spots and all that.

No excuse for knobjockery of course but he had a rough old upbringing. His book is well worth a read/listen. 

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He has a brain!? A true footballer Troy Deeney is..

Edited by jaberry2

Don’t forget Leroy Rosenior’s spell at Torquay. It lasted something like 19 minutes. He was appointed, the club was taken over and the new owners fired him straight away. 

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surely there must be less between the ears of the person who’s given him the job? 

The owner of FGR is one of those who seemingly get suckered in by the lure of having a 'name' at the club at the publicity that comes with it. Similar experience with Duncan Ferguson who was hired and managed 1 win in 18 games.

Deeney seemed to be much more focused his own personal brand than he did managing Forest Green. Lots of interviews that made headlines, loads of media appearances, very little coaching. 

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

The owner of FGR is one of those who seemingly get suckered in by the lure of having a 'name' at the club at the publicity that comes with it. Similar experience with Duncan Ferguson who was hired and managed 1 win in 18 games.

Deeney seemed to be much more focused his own personal brand than he did managing Forest Green. Lots of interviews that made headlines, loads of media appearances, very little coaching. 

Well, the owner is a Norfolk boy, was in my class at senior school in Gorleston

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Don’t forget Leroy Rosenior’s spell at Torquay. It lasted something like 19 minutes. He was appointed, the club was taken over and the new owners fired him straight away. 

That's quicker than Ian crook at Ipswich!

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Why aren't we Torquay?