cambridgeshire canary

Now Brentford are sniffing after Rowe

I hope we hang on to him in January but he will definitely go in the summer. If anyone thinks he hasn't been offered a new vastly improved contract here they're living in cloud cuckoo land. 

The truth is that he can more than double what he would earn from Norwich City in the Premier League let alone what he gets at the moment in the Championship and his agent will have told him that. 

We won't get what he's worth to us because come the summer he will only have 2 years left on his contract and we will probably still be in the Championship. If we get £25m in the summer we will have done well. 

For all those who criticise him for not working hard enough, I'd suggest you look where we'd be without him. He scores goals out of nothing that win points. We would be absolutely stuffed without him. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I hope we hang on to him in January but he will definitely go in the summer. If anyone thinks he hasn't been offered a new vastly improved contract here they're living in cloud cuckoo land. 

The truth is that he can more than double what he would earn from Norwich City in the Premier League let alone what he gets at the moment in the Championship and his agent will have told him that. 

We won't get what he's worth to us because come the summer he will only have a year left on his contract and we will probably still be in the Championship. If we get £25m in the summer we will have done well. 

For all those who criticise him for not working hard enough, I'd suggest you look where we'd be without him. He scores goals out of nothing that win points. We would be absolutely stuffed without him. 

I imagine that some of Wagner’s subbing of him and dropping him probably do our chances of retaining him no good either. 

I've always been a glass half full sort of person and I'd say talents like Rowe are the reason to hold out a bit of hope that we can get to the play offs and pull off a surprise, because talents like him are ones you can build around in the Premier League, and I do think the next time we get promoted more funds will be made available to make a better go of it.

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

We won’t get promoted. But, playing your game - if we do then I’d imagine he’d stay for that season. 

I was being slightly facetious but what I do mean is a lot could change yet this season, so him leaving isn't a given. 

I personally feel its likely he goes in the summer and fair play to him

Due to breaking into the England squad and the fact he could possibly double his goal tally yet, we could get 15M plus add ons for him. And with the current state of FFP play in the prem, that'll be a good deal realistically. 

Its not just about what we get as money fir him. He needs to seriously consider that he might double or triple his salary if he moves, but will the move get him regular game.time and develop him further.

Hes undoubtedly our best talent and fair play to him, hes having a fantastic season.

Lets hope we keep him until the summer, but alas this is the the Norwich way!

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

We won't get what he's worth to us because come the summer he will only have 2 years left on his contract and we will probably still be in the Championship. If we get £25m in the summer we will have done well. 

Agreed, we’d be bottom six right now without him. 

On a side note the lack of transfer rumours in is quite something. It’s so quiet. Wasn’t there talk of “an exciting window” in one of Wagner’s recent press conferences ?

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I've always been a glass half full sort of person and I'd say talents like Rowe are the reason to hold out a bit of hope that we can get to the play offs and pull off a surprise, because talents like him are ones you can build around in the Premier League, and I do think the next time we get promoted more funds will be made available to make a better go of it.

I would'nt put any money on that,regardless of possible American input.

42 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

On a side note the lack of transfer rumours in is quite something. It’s so quiet. Wasn’t there talk of “an exciting window” in one of Wagner’s recent press conferences ?

I'm beginning to agree. We are halfway through the window and whilst this is a positive as far as not losing any of our star players, a new face or two would be rather nice as well as losing some of the lesser beings to lower opposition. 

I seem to recall and can stand corrected that in our second recent relegation when we sat bottom of the pile we, even then, made no signings in the January window and suspect that this must have been the only occasion ever when a team sitting at bottom place in the Premier League were unable to even attempt to improve their squad.

So! It's nothing new.

This is why I get frustrated at the current situation. I fear we will let this season drift under Wagner, finish a bit outside the play-offs and then start to think about the future. Meanwhile the parachute payments have dried up, key players like Sara , Rowe, possibly Sargent and Gunn, realise the lack of ambition from the club and seek moves elsewhere.

Right now we have the likes of those players and there's absolutely guarantee we'll get anywhere near that sort of quality to replace them. Just feels we're faffing around waiting on Knapper to decide one way or other on Wagner. Wouldn't it be great to develop the squad we have with a better Head Coach?

• Like 5

I Thought around 30 million for Rowe but then i heard West ham were after 20 million pound rated Jack Clarke ,

you would have thought both would be around the 30 million plus mark  ,

crikey seems PL teams are willing to splash silly amounts on foreign wonderkid players but not english ones ,

What is he point of holding onto him. The stowmarket 2 have no ambition what so ever, they have shown over a number of heard how mediocre they are as owners.

let the young man try his hand at the premier league there is no moral case for holding him back 

He’ll be gone in the summer. He’s a bright, ambitious young man who wants to play at the highest level and it pretty much single handedly dragging our season along.

He won’t stick around for another year of this rubbish, not when EPL riches come calling.

48 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I would'nt put any money on that,regardless of possible American input.

Like I said, I'm a glass half full sort of person. If defeatism floats other people's boats, fair play to them.

2 hours ago, nu_matik said:

I was being slightly facetious but what I do mean is a lot could change yet this season, so him leaving isn't a given. 

I personally feel its likely he goes in the summer and fair play to him

Due to breaking into the England squad and the fact he could possibly double his goal tally yet, we could get 15M plus add ons for him. And with the current state of FFP play in the prem, that'll be a good deal realistically. 

I don’t think he goes this month either. But I really can’t see us holding onto him this summer. As we will still be in this league (most likely), he’ll have his own ambitions, will likely have a number of Prem suitors, and I think the club will likely need the cash being offered - particularly if Knapper is trying to rebuild. 
The only thing that perhaps changes that is if we get a bigger fee for Sara. 

56 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This is why I get frustrated at the current situation. I fear we will let this season drift under Wagner, finish a bit outside the play-offs and then start to think about the future. Meanwhile the parachute payments have dried up, key players like Sara , Rowe, possibly Sargent and Gunn, realise the lack of ambition from the club and seek moves elsewhere.

Right now we have the likes of those players and there's absolutely guarantee we'll get anywhere near that sort of quality to replace them. Just feels we're faffing around waiting on Knapper to decide one way or other on Wagner. Wouldn't it be great to develop the squad we have with a better Head Coach?

I could not agree more and I’ve been saying for months that treading water with Wagner will increase the chances that we lose our talent this summer. 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

If there is genuine interest from 6 or 7 Premier League clubs then of course he's very unlikely to stay here.

Can’t really blame any of the top performers wanting to leave

I first watched NCFC around 1947/1948 and the fact we are in geographical position where the only alternative club to watch is Ipswich the BOD know they have supporters by the balls.

Unless someone comes in with big money nothing will change

Personally can’t see our American putting millions into the club to change things 

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Only in 21 of the 25 league games he’s played in this season.

Actually, I'll flip it round. In 25 games he's only managed the full 90mins 5 times.

He's our standout player this season and all credit to him. Best we can hope for is retain until summer and then use a sizeable profit to build on.

As someone else has says, it's a season we'd all love to have seen what a progressive manager could have done with the likes of Rowe, Sainz, Sarg, Sara etc. Seems such a shame we've stuck with Webbers buddy and missed out! 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

If there is genuine interest from 6 or 7 Premier League clubs then of course he's very unlikely to stay here.

If there was genuine interest from one Premier League club then, of course, he's very unlikely to stay here.

Who would? Rudderless ship and all that.

Edited by Kingston Yellow

44 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

If there was genuine interest from one Premier League club then, of course, he's very unlikely to stay here.

Who would? Rudderless ship and all that.

Rudderless ship isn't really relevant. 

Any Prem club can at bare minimum double his wages and get him immediately into the next stage of his career.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Or we could actually be a club with ambition and say he's not for sale, and at least keep him next season and try and build a team. 

Just now, Sufyellow said:

Or we could actually be a club with ambition and say he's not for sale, and at least keep him next season and try and build a team. 

We can say he's not for sale but it doesn't matter who you are, if a team higher up the food chain is offering to instantly transform the lads life, its naive to think you can simply keep them and expect it to go well. 

Even Spurs had to sell Kane, United Ronaldo, etc etc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'd like to think we could at least hold out in the summer.

But lets be honest, selling a player for big money is the only way we could fund the rebuild we need, just like Webber did when he sold James Maddison.

Selling Rowe and spending 5 million will not work this time. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We can say he's not for sale but it doesn't matter who you are, if a team higher up the food chain is offering to instantly transform the lads life, its naive to think you can simply keep them and expect it to go well. 

Even Spurs had to sell Kane, United Ronaldo, etc etc.

Why ? This is his first season,  if we are going to sell now , then as fans the academy is pointless. You are a fan just like me , are you now excepting we sell our youngsters after giving us 6 months ? . He's contracted for basically two and a half more years, so we give him a new contract and tell him we will look at offers after next season.  

5 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

This was exactly the figure that popped into my head as I was scrolling this thread. 

He’s been great for us and I dare say a move to a Prem club where he can learn the next level would be good for him. If we were challenging this season, then I’d hope he’d stay on. Who knows, but it’s good to see the talent conveyor belt hasn’t stopped. The future’s bright, the future’s yella 

You sell your best youngster after 6 months of his first season and you think the futures bright! Please explain how? 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

5 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Why ? This is his first season,  if we are going to sell now , then as fans the academy is pointless. You are a fan just like me , are you now excepting we sell our youngsters after giving us 6 months ? . He's contracted for basically two and a half more years, so we give him a new contract and tell him we will look at offers after next season.  

I'd rather that, we got two full seasons out of Bellamy, but not looking good is it. 

Mark A has said that he and Knapper support a 'player trading' model and he's the only one that is likely to get substantial offers.

2 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

You sell your best youngster after 6 months of his first season and you think the futures bright! Please explain how? 

See QPR.

Flogged Olise and Eze. 

Now heading to League One.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rudderless ship isn't really relevant. 

Any Prem club can at bare minimum double his wages and get him immediately into the next stage of his career.

So why did you say “If there is genuine interest from 6 or 7 Premier League clubs then of course he's very unlikely to stay here”? If you actually meant “any Premier League club?”