cambridgeshire canary

Now Brentford are sniffing after Rowe

Problem is he’s only got 18 months left on his contract and if premier league teams come sniffing he’s less likely to want a new contract here! So a move becomes priority for the club to optimise the money! So the questions are does Rowe want to stay and if not how much do we need the money?

• Like 4

One would think Jonathan would give NCFC another 18 months, with a new contract in the summer, given the situation he is in now compared to at times in his journey up through the ranks. Many clubs would have treated him differently.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

First it was Palace, then West Ham and now this.. Heres hoping they cough up. Think a 50 million starting bid would do right?😉

50m starting bid. Like everyone was saying for aarons, omo, buendia, madders... cmon buddy this is norwich city. We will let him go for 25m and impossible add ons, like a 100m bonus if England win the world cup and he scores a hattrick in the final

• Like 1

He’ll be gone this summer. And frankly who could blame him. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

What if we get promoted?

• Haha 13

Just now, S_81 said:

Yep, I really can't see him being with us next season.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

The money he goes for is going to shock people

You mean it will be peanuts?

• Like 3

If there is genuine interest from 6 or 7 Premier League clubs then of course he's very unlikely to stay here.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If there is genuine interest from 6 or 7 Premier League clubs then of course he's very unlikely to stay here.

I'd like to think we could at least hold out in the summer.

But lets be honest, selling a player for big money is the only way we could fund the rebuild we need, just like Webber did when he sold James Maddison.

19 minutes ago, Satriales said:

You mean it will be peanuts?

It won't be peanuts, but whilst he has undoubted talent, he has weaknesses in his game and not a great body of work to convince that he's not just a flash in the pan. Yet. I suspect it will be a modest fee with a big sell on clause.

Just now, Cowboy said:

It won't be peanuts, but whilst he has undoubted talent, he has weaknesses in his game and not a great body of work to convince that he's not just a flash in the pan. Yet. I suspect it will be a modest fee with a big sell on clause.

The 80% squirm to label it a tactical masterclass when he goes for like 7m will truly be something to see.

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

The weaknesses he has are all things that can be coached. He's 20.

He has something that can't be coached, which is a rare innate natural match winning ability in which he always seems to be capable of finding a way to conjure up a goal. Few players possess it. 

He's a potential Di Canio.

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'd like to think we could at least hold out in the summer.

But lets be honest, selling a player for big money is the only way we could fund the rebuild we need, just like Webber did when he sold James Maddison.

Oh, I don't think it'll be this month. It'll be the summer

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The 80% squirm to label it a tactical masterclass when he goes for like 7m will truly be something to see.

Eze went from QPR to Palace for £17m, that will be the ballpark I think. Anybody who thinks we're getting £30m is crackers. Not least because half the Prem seems to be tredding a fine line when it comes to FFP.

55 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Yep, I really can't see him being with us next season.

Sadly feel that's the case. Why stick around here for another midtable season when he could instead get paid double his current wages to play in the top flight?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sadly feel that's the case. Why stick around here for another midtable season when he could instead get paid double his current wages to sit on the bench in the top flight?

Fixed 

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

What if we get promoted?

We won’t get promoted. But, playing your game - if we do then I’d imagine he’d stay for that season. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Problem is he’s only got 18 months left on his contract and if premier league teams come sniffing he’s less likely to want a new contract here! So a move becomes priority for the club to optimise the money! So the questions are does Rowe want to stay and if not how much do we need the money?

No. He’s rejected two contract offers already.

Maybe sell and then loan back for a season? Or is that too hopeful. 

I am still shocked (in a bad way) that Aarons went for only £7m - I wouldn’t get any hopes up for a good pay day 

15 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Has he managed to last longer than 60mins in a game yet?

Only in 21 of the 25 league games he’s played in this season.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

12m + add ons. 

This was exactly the figure that popped into my head as I was scrolling this thread. 

He’s been great for us and I dare say a move to a Prem club where he can learn the next level would be good for him. If we were challenging this season, then I’d hope he’d stay on. Who knows, but it’s good to see the talent conveyor belt hasn’t stopped. The future’s bright, the future’s yella 

33 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

No. He’s rejected two contract offers already.

Is there a link for that? 

I thought he was on about discussing it in the summer. Although he's only got 18 months left on his contract we have a one year option to extend so he's effectively got 2 and a half years left

This was DW just before Xmas

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24006032.norwich-city-david-wagner-jon-rowe-contract-status/

• Like 1

Just now, Chichcan said:

Is there a link for that? 

I thought he was on about discussing it in the summer. Although he's only got 18 months left on his contract we have a one year option to extend so he's effectively got 2 and a half years left

This was DW just before Xmas

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24006032.norwich-city-david-wagner-jon-rowe-contract-status/

I think the Pinkun lads tweeted about it recently.