Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Third of the way into the transfer window!

If recruitment relies on Attanasio investing even more money I can't see him doing that unless Knapper has come up with a clear strategy including his thoughts on the Head Coach role. I think we have to assume Knapper has not yet delivered that clarity.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

If recruitment relies on Attanasio investing even moremoney I can't see him doing that unless Knapper has come up with a clear strategy including his thoughts on the Head Coach role. I think we have to assume Knapper has not yet delivered that clarity.

Or he has delivered the strategy and Attanasio said nope! 

I don't see any way we make the playoffs whatever we do in this window, short of changing half the first choice team which we can't do. To be honest, even then Wagner would probably mess it up. Anyway the last thing we need is promotion with the state the club is in. We just need to get to 50 points, then play the youngsters, get rid of Wagner and his band of incompetents and plan for next year with, hopefully, someone who knows what they're doing.

why do people expect MA to invest more when he’s not even joint majority shareholder yet? Surely it’s better to loan until the summer! Might be different had the process not taken over a year to get to this stsge!

Wasn't there hints from Wagner (or maybe it was Attanasio at the AGM) about an "exciting January" a few weeks ago?

We know how this is going. We'll get a PL loan at best. Either someone experienced (old), or promising (only.played in U23s) and they will barely feature as we limp towards the end of another uninspiring season and are they are largely forgotten until someone starts a 'Worst ever...' thread.

The days of spotting Carl Cort in Asda and Lambert's erratic parking are long gone.

However, this guy is now available again and should be within budget...

Remember the Wolves hat-trick🫡

I was expecting anything early, must admit.  Not sure what to expect to be honest, January has never been busy for us plus we've just got a lot of our players back which affects where we stand.

13 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I don't see any way we make the playoffs whatever we do in this window, short of changing half the first choice team which we can't do. To be honest, even then Wagner would probably mess it up. Anyway the last thing we need is promotion with the state the club is in. We just need to get to 50 points, then play the youngsters, get rid of Wagner and his band of incompetents and plan for next year with, hopefully, someone who knows what they're doing.

I disagree. Change of coach and an astute signing or two and I think this group is perfectly capable of making the playoffs.

That is why this season must not be written off as so many people seem prepared to do. 

it is 9 years to the day today since Alex Neil took charge of his first game. We finished one point of automatic that season and 8 points ahead of 7th. Admittedly a slightly better side than this one but shows what is possible …..

Edited by Jim Smith

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I disagree. Change of coach and an astute signing or two and I think this group is perfectly capable of making the playoffs.

That is why this season must not be written off as so many people seem prepared to do. 

it is 9 years to the day today since Alex Neil took charge of his first game. We finished one point of automatic that season and 8 points ahead of 7th. Admittedly a slightly better side than this one but shows what is possible …..

Good point, but we can't defend or score goals this season. 

Keeping Rowe, Sara and Sargent this window is more important than getting anyone in IMO. Not very inspiring, but thats where we are.

13 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wasn't there hints from Wagner (or maybe it was Attanasio at the AGM) about an "exciting January" a few weeks ago?

You mean the thought of a youngster from Motherwell (yet to play a senior game for them) doesn't make your heart race!?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grando said:

You mean the thought of a youngster from Motherwell (yet to play a senior game for them) doesn't make your heart race!?

This will probably be the extent of our activity.

Another young lad with "potential" who's potential we'll never get to see.

Been there so many times but that's the only pond that we can afford to fish in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

This will probably be the extent of our activity.

Another young lad with "potential" who's potential we'll never get to see.

Been there so many times but that's the only pond that we can afford to fish in.

I'm hoping that the point of Hwang going back to Forest is to free up wages for another senior player on loan. Although admittedly that's about as optimistic as I can get.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I'm going that the point of Hwang going back to Forest is to free up wages for another senior player on loan. Although admittedly that's about as optimistic as I can get.

Here's hoping for a Skipp type of loan that actually helps and not the countless others ones we've had which have been a waste of money 🤷🏻‍♂️

How can people be surprised at little or no transfer activity.  I do not expect any incoming Wagner must not be given opportunity to add more dross to this squad as he will not be here next season.  Sooner would be better but do not expect Knapper to ensure replacing just yet.  Not while there is the remotest possibility of making the play offs however deluded some may still feel concerning this.  New coach just be given chance of moulding the squad and adding his preferences.

2 hours ago, pete said:

How can people be surprised at little or no transfer activity.  I do not expect any incoming Wagner must not be given opportunity to add more dross to this squad as he will not be here next season.  Sooner would be better but do not expect Knapper to ensure replacing just yet.  Not while there is the remotest possibility of making the play offs however deluded some may still feel concerning this.  New coach just be given chance of moulding the squad and adding his preferences.

Knapper picks the players not Wagner. Especially now we are data led.

14 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

A slightly better side????

that team was a much much better side, 3 quality forwards in hooper, Jerome and Grabban… supported by Wes, Howson, Redmond! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big O said:

A slightly better side????

that team was a much much better side, 3 quality forwards in hooper, Jerome and Grabban… supported by Wes, Howson, Redmond!

And an actual proper defensive midfielder in Alex Tettey, with Gary O'Neil who could play that role on the bench.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

10 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Knapper picks the players not Wagner. Especially now we are data led.

Yes mate.

(This is sarcastic)

image.png.b822ec53283bf13df55b90205cf5a141.png

Calum Chambers. 28 years old. Can play CB or RB. Better option than what we have in either position?