2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Lose to Bristol Rovers….Wagner is sacked….& avoid the humiliation of a cricket score against Liverpool.

If Wagner was not sacked for losing 6-1 to Plymouth he won't be sacking for losing a cup match

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Lose to Bristol Rovers….Wagner is sacked….& avoid the humiliation of a cricket score against Liverpool.

Nah. I reckon he's here at least until the summer, unless we get drawn into a relegation battle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Rovers will be up for the Anfield gate money as well. That 're-match' won't be walk over and only a few days before a vital league game against WBA.

It’s the Cup CP… who knows Wagner might have a rush of blood and change it round at 42 minutes!

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Nah. I reckon he's here at least until the summer, unless we get drawn into a relegation battle.

The one we were supposed to be drawn into in November ?

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

F uck that....throw the replay

I'd rather we have a 2 week break than go up there to get hammered by those c#nts

Don't really agree..

High profile with television coverage and full attendance will be a much needed pay-day for our club.

Of course, we are likely to lose, but in football anything can happen.

Bristol win now important.

Good tie, imo.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Financial reasons aside....it would far better aid our players to go off for a week of warm weather training around 4th round weekend than go up there and act as training cones for 90 mins

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

To be fair the good old BBC has been pretty flaky in recent years so I’ll lay my hat on the club being right on this one.

Bristol Rovers website quotes Wednesday.

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Don't really agree..

High profile with television coverage and full attendance will be a much needed pay-day for our club.

Of course, we are likely to lose, but in football anything can happen.

Bristol win now important.

Good tie, imo.

Looking at other ties...I wouldnt have this down as guaranteed tv

Chelsea v villa

Spurs v man city

WBA v Wolves

Forest v West Ham

Newport or Eastleigh v Man Utd

18 minutes ago, Top corner said:

My concern would be national humiliation if the game against Liverpool was chosen for TV. I'd settle for losing to Bristol Rovers, than losing by a cricket score against Liverpool 

7 minutes ago, Top corner said:

If we do end up having to go there we can rest easy as Salah won’t be playing. Probably avoid a cricket score but please God let’s all pray that the TV companies have bigger fish to fry.

Looks like the record defeat in the FA Cup is 26-0. Which works out at a goal every three and a half minutes.

So we should be ok, should we make it to Anfield (famous last words etc).

Screenshot_20240108-202251~2.png

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Looking at other ties...I wouldnt have this down as guaranteed tv

Chelsea v villa

Spurs v man city

WBA v Wolves

Forest v West Ham

Newport or Eastleigh v Man Utd

It's Liverpool idolised in parts of the far East. They never miss a tv date,

I'll be away by then a fully expect to view it on a local pub's tv.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Posted (edited)

On thé plus side, we might (no disrespect to Rovers) get the chance to see if our style  of ‘football’ stacks up against a top PL team. I’m assuming we’re playing this style to, should we amazingly get promoted, survive in the PL? 

Edited by astro
  • Haha 1

Klopp will be happy as he can give his star players a rest. I can also see Liverpool getting fined for fielding a weakened  team, which they'll get turned over on appeal when they point out they won easily! 🤣🤣🤣

It's deffo on weds 17th, pray for a brizzle win, don't need an easy 10 nil defeat. 

If we manage to beat the Gas and I drive over to Scouseland for the game....I'll fit a different pattern locking wheel nut to each of my wheels....

That'll confuse and frustrate them scallies....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Incredulous really that so many City fans seem frightened of 'Little Old Norwich'  who seem 'frightened' of their team facing one of the big boys.

I'll bet that all Bristol Rovers fans are now even more desperate for a win in the replay and the chance for such exposure.  

Besides, the chance of a night on the 'raz' in Liverpool is nothing to be sniffed at. Great place ... unique.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Let's be honest here. If we get past Bristol Rovers, Liverpool will field a side so young they'll not only need signed parental permission to do so, the parents will probably have to be sat in the dug out as well.

Oh and commiserations to Maidstone Utd. After all that effort only to be unfortunately drawn against the binners must be a real disappointment.

Especially as they have to play at portaloo rd.

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Incredulous really that so many City fans seem frightened of 'Little Old Norwich'  who seem 'frightened' of their team facing one of the big boys.

I'll bet that all Bristol Rovers fans are now even more desperate for a win in the replay and the chance for such exposure.  

Besides, the chance of a night on the 'raz' in Liverpool is nothing to be sniffed at. Great place ... unique.

Probably becase Bristol Rovers dont carry the same scars.

I've seen us on the wrong end of many real hammering at Anfield...and some at home for that matter.

Having said that I did see a couple of 1-1 draws there in thd last decade or so (Grant Holt and Russell Martin goals) but that was when we had teams whi had a bit of fight and character and gameplan

I woukd guarantee Bristol Rovers would put up a bigger fight there than we would

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Let's be honest here. If we get past Bristol Rovers, Liverpool will field a side so young they'll not only need signed parental permission to do so, the parents will probably have to be sat in the dug out as well.

Oh and commiserations to Maidstone Utd. After all that effort only to be unfortunately drawn against the binners must be a real disappointment.

Especially as they have to play at portaloo rd.

But with a few all premiership ties in the 3rd round and more in the 4th it will be just typical of them going on a cup run.

1 minute ago, overthebordercanary said:

But with a few all premiership ties in the 3rd round and more in the 4th it will be just typical of them going on a cup run.

I can see that happening yes. Maidstone at home is probably the draw most Champs/L1 would have wanted I suspect

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Exactly. It's basically PTSD for us at this point. I mean, last time were we in the PL they put us out of both cups. There is a limit.

8 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Let them have it (but obviously not too far!)

Anything to take their eye off the league and contribute to their current wobble

• Like 1

It could be a nice little earner subject to Liverpool charging a reasonable amount for tickets, but they do have that new stand to pay for.

Also means there will be a bit of pressure on Wagner to get a result in the replay. I just have a feeling Rovers players will want it more than ours.

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I've seen us on the wrong end of many real hammering at Anfield...and some at home for that matter.

Having said that I did see a couple of 1-1 draws there in thd last decade or so (Grant Holt and Russell Martin goals) but that was when we had teams whi had a bit of fight and character and gameplan

I woukd guarantee Bristol Rovers would put up a bigger fight there than we would

This. 

I have seen us win at Anfield……a mere 49 years ago……..other than that it’s been all pain.

Good luck to anyone making that trip. It’s a long way there and likely an even longer way back. I doubt the Scousers will be very interested in watching their lot play us so the tickets should be cheap.

Every cloud and all that….

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Maybe the Club have got it wrong again. It wouldn't be the first time, would it?

Or maybe the less perceptive amongst us have failed to realise that the BBC just listed all the replay dates as Tuesday ( except for Everton as they play on the previous Sunday) before dates were officially confirmed by the FA. After all it wouldn’t be the first time that Essex got it wrong, would it?