cambridgeshire canary

Webber still in control of the club?

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

How about we go halvesies on the protest action. Hopefully we won't need to as many others will join us.

No.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah it would be since he's spending the majority of his time now preparing and training for the mountain climb .

When he was due to work his contract until March was the climb not due to be in May, as I believe it currently is? 

12 minutes ago, S_81 said:

When he was due to work his contract until March was the climb not due to be in May, as I believe it currently is? 

Yes, but he put off all training second half of last year and then upon this agreement decided he'd get it all in from jan

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes, but he put off all training second half of last year and then upon this agreement decided he'd get it all in from jan

Will be interesting to see if any local media have any joy in sourcing whether there’s any truth in that tweet. 

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No.

Thats a great pity when the Club's motivation is simply to place the burden of their lost TV and commercial money onto the match going fan. No point in making all those points about armchair fans. Zoe loves them more than you but you will do as a fallback when necessary.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Thats a great pity when the Club's motivation is simply to place the burden of their lost TV and commercial money onto the match going fan. No point in making all those points about armchair fans. Zoe loves them more than you but you will do as a fallback when necessary.

Do you know for 57 years I've watched the protests, from Zigger Zigger Zigger Watling is a ****** to the latest bedsheet brigade. Nothing ever came of any of them. Still, maybe this time will be different. Perhaps all that's been missing from all that's gone before is a mobile phone torch...

Posted (edited)

I don't

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Why are you trying your hardest to discredit it?

Regardless of the ‘source’ are you so f£ing simple to think Webber has zero influence whatsoever when his wife sits on the the board? A guy that Delia said she was devastated about leaving? 

You’re not that simple or naive. You just like taking shots at Norwich fans. Weird.

I don't think Hogesar's trying hard to discredit it at all. The notion that our ex sporting director is running the club vicariously through his wife for no money and for no personal benefit while the new sporting director just sits back is so profoundly stupid that it beggars belief there's a thread discussing the notion.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't

I don't think Hogesar's trying hard to discredit it at all. The notion that our ex sporting director is running the club vicariously through his wife for no money and for no personal benefit while the new sporting director just sits back is so profoundly stupid that it beggars belief there's a thread discussing the notion.

I’m not saying whether it’s true or not, as I have no idea, but I would imagine if it were true that they’ve kept him on, it would be at least on a retainer, if not full pay - until his contract notice period expires in March. Which was the handover plan.
Rather than him working for free or via his wife. Albeit the latter is bound to talk to him about the club. That’s just life. 

Anyhow, if it were the case that he’s still working for us then it’s fair to feel that they’ve tried to make it appear that he’s gone immediately. And it would therefore be fair to say that’s disingenuous of them.

But the IF is doing a lot of work here as it stands. 

Edited by S_81

I probably don't believe it, but for me the important thing is that many of the people on here think it's possible or even likely, and since we are presumably a microcosm of the larger fan base, we can assume many fans not on here feel the same. This shows how huge the gulf has become between the club and the fans, and the club is doing absolutely nothing to narrow that gulf even though the ball is in their court. Fans are also becoming divided against fans, serious rifts that go far beyond the usual happy clapper, nappy crapper stuff. We are an utterly divided club and if nobody does anything to heal this, the only place we are heading is League One, not this season but next.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

I love the idea that Webber is still running the club and then can just walk up Everest. It needs months of serious training to try to avoid dying on the mountain.

• Like 1

It is possible that his exit was for show and he is currently coaching knapper as agreed - hence radio silence - and that the plan is for knapper to actually get control at end of the season. If that is so it’s a disaster - but obviously nobody can know. What we can say is that there is a real disconnect at present and since arrival knapper has hardly hit the road running 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

You surely cannot believe this nonsense is true?

Why is your default position that everything at the club is above board and proper and done with utmost formality?

You rule out the human nature aspect. Delia is a simple and sentimental person who likes people who will go along with what she thinks. Knapper was recruited to serve that end. The interview process was set up to serve that end. 

You seem to think that NCFC is run like a FTSE 100 company. It is not. Delia has all the senior management round her place and decisions are made around the kitchen table over coffee.

11 hours ago, hurricane said:

Could be a question for the newspaper/media to ask about?

Because the club has such a good working relationship with the local press :classic_laugh:

9 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes funny that, I’m still waiting for someone to tell me who’s in charge! Appears no one knows! Little wonder we’re drifting around!

I keep telling you, Indy, but you keep on not believing me!😍

The local media should get all over this

If he’s in any way still involved in this club it’s a scandal and can be used as fuel to purge the board further.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Why is your default position that everything at the club is above board and proper and done with utmost formality?

You rule out the human nature aspect. Delia is a simple and sentimental person who likes people who will go along with what she thinks. Knapper was recruited to serve that end. The interview process was set up to serve that end. 

You seem to think that NCFC is run like a FTSE 100 company. It is not. Delia has all the senior management round her place and decisions are made around the kitchen table over coffee.

None of those three specific claims you make about me true. For example, if you had read and understood my posts over more than a decade you would have realised I certainly don't think Norwich City is run like a FTSE 100 company. On the contrary, I have made suggestions as to how it could be improved by being so.

Edited by PurpleCanary

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Do you know for 57 years I've watched the protests, from Zigger Zigger Zigger Watling is a ****** to the latest bedsheet brigade. Nothing ever came of any of them. Still, maybe this time will be different. Perhaps all that's been missing from all that's gone before is a mobile phone torch...

Why did Delia say Webber left? 

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

None of those three specific claims you make about me true. For example, if you had read and understood my posts over more than a decade you would have realised I certainly don't think Norwich City is run like a FTSE 100 company. On the contrary, I have made suggestions as to how it could be improved by being so.

You’re quite the rebel Purple, I’m sure I’m not the first to notice. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't

Maybe it is.  On the balance of probability it could still be. What is thoroughly stupid is for the Club to create the whiff of suspicion by appointing and leaving his wife in such a senior position which clearly exposes them to this type of allegation.

Posted (edited)

Does Stuart Webber still has input into the affairs of NCFC ?  I’m inclined to think with Ms Ward still on the Board there probably is some.

However in light of the increased unrest towards the club Ben Knapper has made it worse by keeping such a low profile. He’s been in post for some weeks but apart from a live appearance at the AGM and a short introductory video on his arrival I don’t think he’s uttered a word. He needs to get himself in front of the camera and explain his and the Board’s thinking as to how we can get out ourselves out of this mess.

It’s the least us fans deserve.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

55 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who's Steve Cook? And why is his opinion worth anything of note?

He's far from a weird Twitter troll making up rumours. Bloke contributes to My Football Writer and was Sky's go-to guy for that Football Fanzone thing they used to do (or still do?).

Put it this way, he's unlikely to have put something like this out there without genuinely believing it has legs.

It's not as easy to dismiss as total garbage as most of the ITK stuff you see on social media, nor as easy to dismiss as the defend-the-club-at-all-costs lobby group will tell you it is.

For me, it would be incredibly naive to believe that he doesn't have some influence over proceedings, especially whilst his wife is still in such a senior position. However, that's not the same as the utterly ridiculous handover process continuing as planned only with some clandestine manoeuvres taking place to hide it from supporters.

To treat someone who has completely and objectively failed at their role for the past 2-3 years, and whose failure has had a devastating impact on the position and direction of this club, as some sort of indispensable genius whose sage knowledge we cannot do without even with his replacement through the door is a total dereliction of duty from Delia and MWJ. 

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Hope you are watching the ITV documentary on the Post Office. It will provide a great education upon the subject of protest in the modern world. 

2 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Dismissed as false by one of the Reeve Brothers this morning. 

That clears that up then. Nothing to see here folks. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

He's far from a weird Twitter troll making up rumours. Bloke contributes to My Football Writer and was Sky's go-to guy for that Football Fanzone thing they used to do (or still do?).

Not just that, he works as a Coach for the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation.

Not for much longer I presume.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Are they brothers ? 

Anyway if the oracle has spoken it ain’t happening ( big smile )

Twins.