Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Bristol Rovers Official Match Thread

7 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

...and will take up 20 seconds of your evening...

There's no way I'm watching them twice...

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wagners landed himself a problem now

Hull away

Bristol r   away

Wba home

Leeds away....a run that could cost him his job

Relying on Leeds winning their cup game tomorrow now to at least get the away game there postponed on 4th round day

I think barring a miraculous turn of events his job has already gone. They must surely have someone in mind that isn’t currently able to take on the role 

Edited by Virtual reality

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

That’s 4 games into Wagner next long winless run! 

Hull will hammer us on Friday. 

I go to most of the northern matches and had earmarked Hull before Xmas but I've just lost my belief in the team. We won't be going. A bit sad but something's really missing. And I don't just mean a midfield (important though that is, it's where most play is dictated) but the disjointedness too.

The tactics are baffling. Players being played out of position, revolving CB combinations and the same at RB and LB. No idea how players manage to follow set patterns. There are very few.

There is something there in the players but only rare glimpses of their potential. We are playing below our level.

What really got me more disheartened were the comments by Delia. I've been a supporter of the ownership too..Yet, how can you write a book on how to be positive and live life and then select a section of the fans for being negative. Why say it? Even if it's true! It doesn't lead to a unified atmosphere. Like Webber's comments  too.

I never thought I would hear from a leadership team that their own fans... paying fans, are a problem. I've heard it from managers - and look how long they last after saying stuff like that.

It's easily £100 to all go to an away match. And whilst not everything ought to be judged on money alone, there are other things to spend money on. A weekly shop perhaps. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark with our club. Roll on summer. Roll on change. It just feels like a drawn out end stage for Wagner. I don't think I'm the only one either feeling the way I do am I? You want to see a bit of heart from the players. That is led in the first instance by the manager.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Given our limited finances and the open transfer window, should we now...

• Give the fraudulent tactical genius the funds we have to try and salvage something from this season?
  • Give the fraudulent tactical genius the funds along with his P45 to never darken our doors again, leaving us to go with what we've got and limp towards the end of the season?

Second option cos we ain’t troubling the play offs with this awful squad

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

I think barring a miraculous turn of events his job has already gone. They must surely have someone in mind that isn’t currently able to take on the role 

Can but hope. But it remains hope 

• Like 1

Literally any other club would have pulled the trigger by now, I know we chuck out this line of doing things our own way. But christ on a bike, it's taking the pi55 now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I go to most of the northern matches and had earmarked Hull before Xmas but I've just lost my belief in the team. We won't be going. A bit sad but something's really missing. And I don't just mean a midfield (important though that is, it's where most play is dictated) but the disjointedness too.

The tactics are baffling. Players being played out of position, revolving CB combinations and the same at RB and LB. No idea how players manage to follow set patterns. There are very few.

There is something there in the players but only rare glimpses of their potential. We are playing below our level.

What really got me more disheartened were the comments by Delia. I've been a supporter of the ownership too..Yet, how can you write a book on how to be positive and live life and then select a section of the fans for being negative. Why say it? Even if it's true! It doesn't lead to a unified atmosphere. Like Webber's comments  too.

I never thought I would hear from a leadership team that their own fans... paying fans, are a problem. I've heard it from managers - and look how long they last after saying stuff like that.

It's easily £100 to all go to an away match. And whilst not everything ought to be judged on money alone, there are other things to spend money on. A weekly shop perhaps. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark with our club. Roll on summer. Roll on change. It just feels like a drawn out end stage for Wagner. I don't think I'm the only one either feeling the way I do am I? You want to see a bit of heart from the players. That is led in the first instance by the manager.

Delia was appallingly condescending at that AGM. There’s justified criticisms to be made of the club and her decision making right now. And she’s that obnoxious that she just dismisses them as being whines and whinges. She deserves to see more empty seats right now. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Literally any other club would have pulled the trigger by now, I know we chuck out this line of doing things our own way. But christ on a bike, it's taking the pi55 now. 

But but Wagners a nice bloke and all its down to injuries apparently..

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I’m 35 mins from Hull, so I’ll go. But honestly, I just feel like I’m throwing money away. There will be a small away following compared to normal.. and little appetite to have a sing and enjoy it.

• Sad 1

Like @sonyc I am struggling to get any enthusiasm to go to Hull Friday. My son is at Uni there, but he hasn't got to go back until the following week, so I can't be arsed to make the trip with the way Wagner sets us up to play at the moment. Soton was one thing, a few nails in the coffin there, today was so negative that he actually finished that job off. 

However, a bit announcement over the next 2 days and who knows, the cycle starts again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Live scenes from emergency boardroom meeting this evening...stick your head in the sand cartoon with animal and the caption "The resolution has been made and seconded that we stick our heads in the sand." by Mischa Richter

In terms of what is happening at our club, this is very funny, but also very sad.

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Live scenes from emergency boardroom meeting this evening...stick your head in the sand cartoon with animal and the caption "The resolution has been made and seconded that we stick our heads in the sand." by Mischa Richter

I hope you are going to apologise to our illustrious board for taking the **** out of them when they are doing such a great job 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

They won’t even call a meeting. They’re too busy in the sand 

A poster on this thread highlighted that Rovers were organised can we level that regarding NCFC.  We have not been organised for a long time since the second visit to PL when Farke got the boot.  No organisation under Smith and certainly not under Wagner.  The players need to be organized and know what they need to be doing.  There are some out there and are organisers Pulis and Hodghson come to mind.  Could we get an organiser to come in for a short period to organse these players and give the new coach whoever he is a chance to get a tune out of this rabble in the summer.  Pulis could be the solution not for the long term but for the next few months to coach the players because they arer not getting it now.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

John mousinho, now. 

Even the ground persons could not do worse than Wagner

• Haha 1

Maybe not Pulis but literally anyone with basic knowledge of coaching.  Must be someone out there ti fill this post.  If we leave it the players we wanty to keep will have developed such bad habits ther decline will be systemic and irrecoverable.

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

John mousinho, now. 

Would you leave an on the up Portsmouth for this dross?

1 minute ago, pete said:

Maybe not Pulis but literally anyone with basic knowledge of coaching.  Must be someone out there ti fill this post.  If we leave it the players we wanty to keep will have developed such bad habits ther decline will be systemic and irrecoverable.

Apparently, we once scoured the whole of Europe but he was at the club all along and still is!

Step forward Neil Adam’s 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Would you leave an on the up Portsmouth for this dross?

If they offered enough money, absolutely. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Like @sonyc I am struggling to get any enthusiasm to go to Hull Friday. My son is at Uni there, but he hasn't got to go back until the following week, so I can't be arsed to make the trip with the way Wagner sets us up to play at the moment. Soton was one thing, a few nails in the coffin there, today was so negative that he actually finished that job off. 

However, a bit announcement over the next 2 days and who knows, the cycle starts again.

I really hope so. Of all the higher placed teams today against inferior opposition league wise, we are one of the few not to have got a result. And I know the FA Cup can bring up some odd results. 

I've often wondered about Pinkun posters being at away matches (I've so often assumed 90% of folk on this forum live in and around Norfolk and further, many also attend away matches regularly so it's good to read that Credence and yourself Shef also attend... It would always be good if folk could meet and share a brief intro and a laugh. But if I wore a hat with say "Sonyc" on it, I'd be seen as a right nutter😄. 

Anyway, my eldest who is a massive fan, has not even bothered with a pre (and as yet post match) WhatsApp today, so disillusioned is he too. So I think the problem with NCFC transcends all age groups.

Edited by sonyc

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’m 35 mins from Hull, so I’ll go. But honestly, I just feel like I’m throwing money away. There will be a small away following compared to normal.. and little appetite to have a sing and enjoy it.

Good luck with that. One silver lining you won't be throwing away so much with the cheap tickets.

• Like 1

Adams don't think so too much a Clubman don;t need another yes man.

57 minutes ago, NWC said:

Possibly Hanley?

Sainz for me, at least looked as if he was genuinely up for it and trying to make something work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conrad said:

Not today he isn't. Credit where it is due. 

I agree - he should of been MOTM today, slim pickings.

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

MOTM Ashley Barnes! WTAF? Mind you, what alternative?

Must be Kenny.

Didn't put a foot wrong today.