JonnyJonnyRowe

Twitter rumours about Ashley Barnes

Yes I should know better than to pay attention to them, and its probably people adding 2+2 and coming out with 5 after he was left out of a squad. 

But people claiming that he is leaving the club by mutual termination.

Probably a load of nonsense, does anybody know where this has originated from? Its not entirely unbelievable, he looks frustrated, he's not really doing the business on the pitch and doesn't have the legs to suit our style of football, and we've got Josh Sargent fit now & Hwang looking at least as capable as Barnes (probably a bit more).

Posted (edited)

The sauce comes from some random bloke Colotbc, so big dave down the pub tier. I imagine he's made it up or assumed this is the case after Barnes was missing from and was left out of our last match.. Even though Wagner himself has said Barnes was being rested

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If it was col who started it then best to ignore it, the blokes a cretin and a perpetual wind up merchant who play acts as a Norwich fan but really hates every aspect of the club.

I suspect you'll see AshBash against bristol. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If it was col who started it then best to ignore it, the blokes a cretin and a perpetual wind up merchant who play acts as a Norwich fan but really hates every aspect of the club.

I suspect you'll see AshBash against bristol. 

Yeah Col is an ugly hobbit gremlin who sends death threats then doesn't turn up when you call his bluff.

He is a complete drain on society so unless he heard it from someone far more intelligent and reliable it should be ignored.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah Col is an ugly hobbit gremlin who sends death threats then doesn't turn up when you call his bluff.

He is a complete drain on society so unless he heard it from someone far more intelligent and reliable it should be ignored.

Thanks, that settles that then!

Should imagine it would require a substantial pay off to see Barnes agree to leave, he'd end up being useful for Wigan, Bolton or Blackpool or somebody up where he likely still owns a house, but doubt they'd be willing and able to match his wages (a guess, but a pretty safe one).

I have heard some rumours about Barnes, but not this outcome.

He might well get a couple of games off but then again he needs that anyway.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I have heard some rumours about Barnes, but not this outcome.

He might well get a couple of games off but then again he needs that anyway.

Be handy to offer load him in the summer 

Had a couple people say about it, that was a bit of a ruckus with Barnes & a few players / staff after he was hauled off before he was sent off. But I would hope there was, he’d lost his head, needed to be told so too! Man of his experience should be setting the standards not being petulant!

Probably nothing more who knows and if he is off can he please give Hwang a lift back to Nottingham.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pleased to see Col Thorogates reputation precedes him 

Edited by Yobocop
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Indy said:

Had a couple people say about it, that was a bit of a ruckus with Barnes & a few players / staff after he was hauled off before he was sent off. But I would hope there was, he’d lost his head, needed to be told so too! Man of his experience should be setting the standards not being petulant!

Probably nothing more who knows and if he is off can he please give Hwang a lift back to Nottingham.

I would like to think that if this is true then he'd be told to have a week off to clear his head, then to come back and apologise for losing his head, then just crack on with his job. That would be the Lambert way.

Better, and cheaper, than the Ten Hag way of going nuclear and making people an outcast and public pariah. 

Unless he's broken some poor kitman's jaw or something which would be a different story. 

Nice to see one of our players have a bit of passion really, even if its bourn out of him struggling to come to terms with his waning abilities and impending rapid slide down the levels! 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

12 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

Can't we get Barnes to go round and see this colotbc bloke.

We should definitely keep Barnes on the bench against Ipswich next time, bring him on in the 85th if we're 3 nil down and just instruct him to approach the rest of the game like this -

7 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

He was at the panto with his family last night and seemed happy enough chatting with fans who recognised him.

"Oh no he wasn't"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Have a trophy

A star perhaps?

• Confused 1

Would love to see it come good for Barnes and him win people over.  

8 minutes ago, FCC said:

Would love to see it come good for Barnes and him win people over.  

He's a bit old for WWE.

He seemed to be developing a good understanding with Josh in the early games of the season so I'd love to see them get back to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

He seemed to be developing a good understanding with Josh in the early games of the season so I'd love to see them get back to that.

Can't see why not. In fact he was quite integral to our play early doors and it is obvious since coming back from injury we have heavily relied on him. Give him a brief break and have him back fighting for us (in the footballing sense of course).

People have short memories at times it seems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I think Ashley needs Josh more than Josh needs Ashley tbh. Impressive display from Sargent against Southampton; Wagner needs to be working on the link-up with Rowe and Sainz - could be phenominal at this level.

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Be handy to offer load him in the summer 

Have a word with Huckerby and see if his vets team needs anyone up front 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Ashley needs Josh more than Josh needs Ashley tbh. Impressive display from Sargent against Southampton; Wagner needs to be working on the link-up with Rowe and Sainz - could be phenominal at this level.

Yep, I saw some kind of telephathic relationship between Rowe and Sarge for the goal versus Soton - quite a few others thought it reminiscent of Buendia & Pukki. Just maybe ....

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Interesting that a player who's been kicked out of the club and has been released has been training with the players today 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Not really interesting. Just confirms that rumour was indeed utter **** like we suspected!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting that a player who's been kicked out of the club and has been released has been training with the players today 😉

Placheta not hopped on a plane to Poland yet either then.

5 hours ago, Indy said:

I really don't understand the animus towards Hwang. He's our best striker after Sarge & in his movement, intelligence, skill & link up play the nearest thing we've got to a Pukki replacement.

He was really effective first half against S'oton - set up Sam for the disallowed goal & pressed well until he ran out of steam 2nd half - & I'd like to see him paired with Sarge as I think their styles would compliment each other well. 

An attacking force of those two plus Johnny & Sainz would be pretty devastating at this level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Exactly! I’m sure there would have been some words but certainly not that bad! Good to see! But that means Hwang might have to make his own way back to Nottingham! 😂

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I really don't understand the animus towards Hwang. He's our best striker after Sarge & in his movement, intelligence, skill & link up play the nearest thing we've got to a Pukki replacement.

He was really effective first half against S'oton - set up Sam for the disallowed goal & pressed well until he ran out of steam 2nd half - & I'd like to see him paired with Sarge as I think their styles would compliment each other well. 

An attacking force of those two plus Johnny & Sainz would be pretty devastating at this level.

OK, if you really believe that Hwang is anything close to Pukki I won’t answer! Not even close!

It’s like saying Idah is the nearest thing to Holt replacement we’ve got!

Edited by Indy