2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As soon as we kicked off! Settled back and waited for Southampton. Ridiculous for a home game. 

Incredible...how far we have fallen.

Maybe it's Wagner's strategy....but I doubt it. 

Our game at St Mary’s seems a different era, we showed aggression, style and commitment; everything I could ask for. Today 5-4-1? 

Its humiliating. Two years ago we had a style of football just like Southampton. That has been systematically dismantled and Southampton are everything we aren't.  

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As soon as we kicked off! Settled back and waited for Southampton. Ridiculous for a home game. 

if you are going to lose go down fighting and swinging 

• Like 1

But yet we should be 1 up if not for a terrible decision,  nearly scored again there. Sometimes you've got to look at the bigger picture 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If it wasn't for a scandalous offside decision we'd be 1-0 up wouldn't we?

Yes, but I don't think we could have any complaints if Stacey had got a red card so swings and roundabouts.

44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't be so naive, we're up against one of the best (and in-form) teams in the league. They're playing so high that we stand a great chance of hitting them on the break and should really be winning. Our tactics today are far more coherent than those we've employed for much of the season and they're pretty much working. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Yes, but I don't think we could have any complaints if Stacey had got a red card so swings and roundabouts.

Wasn't even a yellow in my opinion. 

Huh????

Posted (edited)

Just need to keep the ball better when we get possession. When we break maybe, sometimes, if there's no where to go then check back and bring the whole team into the game. And let's be fair, if we do somehow get promoted then playing possession football won't keep us up as we'll be too open when we loose the ball. 

Edited by tea total

They're a much better side than us. In fact I'd say all over the pitch excluding the striker position they're better than any Championship team we've ever had. If we opened up against them they would have torn us apart by now. I've lost interest in doing things the 'Norwich way', being the unlucky losers who play pretty football but can't defend and concede easy goals by over committing against better sides. If we tried to play them at their own game today we would be at least 2-0 down by now. Sometimes you just have to accept that the opposition are better than you and being defensively solid and counter attacking is a better approach than going for it and giving them an easy win. 

Yes we should be better than this, but that's Webber's fault not any of the current players or staff. We are where we are and we need to play the percentages against better sides. 

• Like 6

Just now, Petriix said:

Don't be so naive, we're up against one of the best (and in-form) teams in the league. They're playing so high that we stand a great chance of hitting them on the break and should really be winning. Our tactics today are far more coherent than those we've employed for much of the season and they're pretty much working. 

Not enjoying watching a team dominate possession by 72-28. I really don't think that should be happening at home, whoever the opposition is. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Wasn't even a yellow in my opinion. 

Made no contact with the ball whatsoever, just smashed right into his ankle

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Huh????

I'll say it again.....huh???

I'd have been furious had that been given as a red,  it was a foul yes but barely even a yellow.

Everyone: we're going to get hammered today, Southampton are much better than us and unbeaten in 17!

Wagner: sets up a low block and tries to play counter so we aren't caught open and thrashed

Everyone: well this will never do. Why are we so defensive?

So weird man.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'll say it again.....huh???

I'd have been furious had that been given as a red,  it was a foul yes but barely even a yellow.

I probably need to see it again, I'll see if its on the extended highlights. Should imagine Southampton will include it on theirs and we'll leave it off ours.

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Made no contact with the ball whatsoever, just smashed right into his ankle

It was slightly late. Not in a million years a red and shouldn't have been a yellow.

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It would be if @cambridgeshire canary started this thread rather than posting in the match one.

Posted (edited)

Since when was accepting Southampton are a team in fine attacking form and unbeaten in the league for heck knows how long, playing with a low block and seeking to spring a counter "unacceptable"?

What is unacceptable is not having a plan B. What is unacceptable is not learning from previous mistakes. Wagner's at least trying to work things out differently on occasion and play horses for courses.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Since when was accepting Southampton are a team in fine attacking form and unbeaten in the league for heck knows how long, playing with a low block and seeking to spring a counter "unacceptable"?

What is unacceptable is not having a plan B. What is unacceptable is not learning from previous mistakes. Wagner's at least trying to work things out differently on occasion and play horses for courses.

We are Norwich City. We don't sit back at home. We are just playing into Southampton's hands.  If we win this, I'll hold my hands up, but by playing the way we are, we are letting the opposition play. 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

We are Norwich City. We don't sit back at home. We are just playing into Southampton's hands.  If we win this, I'll hold my hands up, but by playing the way we are, we are letting the opposition play. 

Disagree - I'd say coming out and playing open, especially when we're coming off the back of two defeats and are a bit shaky, would be playing straight into Southampton's hands as they're unbeaten since September. Swansea tried to play against them recently and had five stuck in past them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1