KiwiScot

Official 2024 Lappinitup Match Thread-Norwich v Southampton

For all the sticking up of the plan I did in the 1st half, the 2nd half has been utterly pathetic

Just now, JamieNorfolk said:

Spoke that up Rob!

1 minute ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Spoke that up Rob!

I did  didn’t I😖

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

McLean has been anonymous. 

Said it before, he's a liability.

Couldn't tackle a good xmas dinner and to be nutmegged in the box like that is criminal.

3 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

I can see us nicking a win here

Quickest case of the mockers ever?

• Haha 1

Crap defending as usual but then it’s been coming as we’ve not been able to get out of our half since half time. 

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Fans  at the are happy and clapping should please Delia and co - Wagner will be saying I'm proud of players we held Southampton- game plan worked- 

Silly silly me Spoke to soon - now they not happy or clapping  LOL now sack the manager LOL- but Wagner will still say he pround of players and game plan nearly workedd

Well the positive is it’s still only 1-0 and we are at home so we might nick a goal!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I think you’ll find it was McCullum who put the ball in the net, but don’t let that stop you trying big up Hwang! Not sure what game you’re watching!

Oh yeah, was Hwang's assist wasn't it! 

Still, played a crucial part in a legal and well worked goal, good break, good cross, did well to get his head to it, good finish. Stitch up.

Hwang dud miss from about 8 yards after that though, but did well to get into that position.

Hwang hasn't been our problem today, our non-existent midfield has, yet again, McLean has done so little that its been like playing with 10 men.

• Haha 1

I liked the look of the team when I saw it but I wrongly assumed it was 4-2-3-1.

Instead we have AGAIN surrendered the midfield. Not only does this make it hard for us to keep possession but also meaning our midfield players are knackered from chasing shadows all game. So frustrating. 

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Oh yeah, was Hwang's assist wasn't it! 

Still, played a crucial part in a legal and well worked goal, good break, good cross, did well to get his head to it, good finish. Stitch up.

Hwang dud miss from about 8 yards after that though, but did well to get into that position.

Hwang hasn't been our problem today, our non-existent midfield has, yet again, McLean has done so little that its been like playing with 10 men.

No he isn’t but he hasn’t done anything either! Not just this game but in all games! Utterly rubbish and needs to go back! Josh back now  and scoring!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well the positive is it’s still only 1-0 and we are at home so we might nick a goal!

Positive mockers, anyone?

Sargent and Hanley have been huge misses for us this year. If both stay fit, we get a good CDM in the transfer window and Kenny is no longer first name on the teamsheet, I give us a chance.

• Confused 1