Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Baggies V Canaries*

Referees in this country are incompetent. Pure and simple.

We witness it regularly in the Premier League, where every decision is double checked by VAR in slow-motion, using state of the art technology, by a team of four VAR officials.

And they still get it wrong.

I’ve just taken another look at it and, I’m sorry, you can just tell the ref has run this situation in his head before. He 100% has rehearsed this situation before he’s made that decision. He’s wanted to do that for a while. 

This tin tin looking jobsworth has been up late listening to linkin park and clenching his fist.

Keep your eyes peeled everyone, this one’s got an absolute clanger of a decision in him, I can feel it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sky sports website says he was gesturing to the referee that a WBA player should have been booked too? Either way, it’s soft from all angles and it’s just made the afternoon harder.  

Nunez doesn’t know where the back of the net is….Rowe does.

Will be amazed if the substitutions pay off….

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I didn't see the West Brom player do it, but if he did, then he obviously should've been booked as well. 

Quite - inconsistent refereeing within a game is one of my bugbears. Players can’t possibly know where they stand.

Rowe and Barnes off batth and Hanley on, fml 😑😑 park bus time. 

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Wagner was never going to be right whatever subs, but they look sensible.

Great to see Hanley back.

And as soon as you say this..

I said it was not the right game for his return. Rusty as a bucket in the rain.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'd have no problem with that if the refs were being consistent.

No two events on a football pitch are the same, and every referee has a different level of tolerance for dissent and backchat. It's literally impossible for rules to objectively be applied consistently. Of course you can find inconsistencies even in the same referee's decisions in the same game, because they have to analyse things in a split second and then make the 'right' call.

Unfortunately the partiality of supporters coupled with the the human brain's negativity bias and the importance of every key decision mean that the average fan will always think referees are sh*t/biased/inconsistent.

• Like 2

How much more time are we going to waste on this retarded t**t of a coach. Really does my head in. Such a waste. 

• Like 1

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

No two events on a football pitch are the same, and every referee has a different level of tolerance for dissent and backchat. It's literally impossible for rules to objectively be applied consistently. Of course you can find inconsistencies even in the same referee's decisions in the same game, because they have to analyse things in a split second and then make the 'right' call.

Unfortunately the partiality of supporters coupled with the the human brain's negativity bias and the importance of every key decision mean that the average fan will always think referees are sh*t/biased/inconsistent.

They've got discretion at the end of the day. He made an extreme decision he didn't have to. W*nker of a referee. To hell with him,.

• Like 1