Thought I would nip in but ‘ the website certificate has expired one day ago ‘ Must be another bill they haven’t paid 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

They have a thread titled "7 million to spend in January". If they do end up getting promoted they need to hope they have considerably more than that to spend in July or they won't be making the Champions Leagues places next season.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

They have a thread titled "7 million to spend in January". If they do end up getting promoted they need to hope they have considerably more than that to spend in July or they won't be making the Champions Leagues places next season.

Keep a very close eye on them, I think the fall from “grace” is incoming. 

They’ve been dining out at a table above their stature and they haven’t got the nuts for a playoff competition. They’ll choke like they did Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They’ll choke like they did Saturday.

Leeds are notorious for choking, I just don't think the pressure is on Ipswich enough for them to crumble personally.  I get the impression this is all a bonus for them, and not expected.

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Leeds are notorious for choking, I just don't think the pressure is on Ipswich enough for them to crumble personally.  I get the impression this is all a bonus for them, and not expected.

I feel Leeds will stay strong under Farke but its actually Southampton who will make a big push. 

I do feel Ipswich are one or two injuries away from a major choke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

I feel Leeds will stay strong under Farke but its actually Southampton who will make a big push. 

I do feel Ipswich are one or two injuries away from a major choke.

Morsy has been included in Egypts provisional squad for AFCON. That will see a key player away for a month if he makes the final squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

They’ve been dining out at a table above their stature and they haven’t got the nuts for a playoff competition. They’ll choke like they did Saturday.

Much like the 2nd club of Manchester?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

We killed them mentally last week, most of their fans I spoke to this week almost seemed it's inevitable they'll lose to Leeds and Leicester considering they "can't beat us".

They’d built last weeks fixture up into something so big, that in their heads they’d already thrashed us. Make no doubt about it, that result will have hurt them as much as any of the other results over the past decade and a half nearly.

BUT they have got loads of money and they will walk to the premier league title next year remember!!!!

10 hours ago, Google Bot said:

A bonus ? They have borrowed millions, which at some point will have to be paid back. The thought is that it will be an annual 7%(?) return on the capital, as with pension funds elsewhere. However the PL is not a place where diverting money toward paying debts/interest is beneficial to the team.

Forest for all their gazillions are barely above the drop zone, and therein lies the danger. If Forest are relegated in May they will come down with only two years of parachute payments, but with players on unsustainable contracts. Possible longer than those two years.

Promotion will not be any 'bonus' but an absolute necessity.

It is of course difficult to come to firm conclusions but having studied the ITFC backing a bit I am under the impression that NCFC might well have a sounder set-up behind them with Mark Attanasio and his business know-how and connections than they have at the Loo.

There seems to be so many fingers in the bin down the road, and starting with the three cowboys who call themselves "Gamechanger."

As for this billion upon billion pension fund they assume has fallen in love with the club it actually seems far more remote and therefore more likely to be open to changes of direction when it comes to managing their investment portfolio than our rather more hands on future owner.

They are currently investing a hell of a lot in infrastructure, but much of this seems to have been catching up on the neglect of the Evans years ..... undersoil heating, tree growing on the stand, big screen, training ground (years behind our own) etc. with much more seeming to be just promise. Even some of the latter seems ominous ... hotels, shopping malls, car parks or the like suggesting that the club it'self is just part of a bigger project aimed at eventual piecemeal sale. Once the penny drops that actually making money from a football club based in Ipswich is not a particularly viable operation, even with a stay in the Premier League then the future of the club and its eventual ownership would seem to become rather uncertain.

Having stated all that, it could also be concluded that this situation is far from unique to ITFC, and might even include our own club to a certain degree. However, I have concluded that I would rather our club align it'self to Mark Annatasio than to Gamechanger.  He particularly impressed me a lot at that last meeting, and also seemed to have studied the whole project in detail and with a certain business precision.

Some posters on TWTD seem to reflect a certain insecurity, many are just happy to be free of the Evans years, but most are just schoolboys who just see the investment money as a bottomless pit without understanding the consequences.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

They're deflated from drawing with us. Imagine if that last minute Kenny shot was a top bins screamer and possibly 3 defeats on the spin. Don't forget they chocked twice in League 1. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

They're deflated from drawing with us. Imagine if that last minute Kenny shot was a top bins screamer and possibly 3 defeats on the spin. Don't forget they chocked twice in League 1. 

Nunez might have managed it, but it was still a decent effort by Kenny.

11 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Huh, they keep going on about having mega rich owners with billions to splash and yet they can only afford 7 million?

39 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

They are apparently looking at Stansfield at Birmingham.... I wondered where Lisa ended up!! 

Casting their net wide

They've 'been around the world' I've heard

39 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

They are apparently looking at Stansfield at Birmingham.... I wondered where Lisa ended up!! 

Who should i pass to?

- Everyone...

What do you mean everyone?

EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Imagine having been around the world only to end up at Portman Road...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Morsy has been included in Egypts provisional squad for AFCON. That will see a key player away for a month if he makes the final squad.

Strategic minor injury incoming? Depends whether he is club or country first - given he was born in Brum I can definitely see him falling up the stairs on NYE and tweaking his knee.

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

If Forest are relegated in May they will come down with only two years of parachute payments

It will be three years - this is their second season.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

It will be three years - this is their second season.

ooops, stand correct, mistakenly thought payments reduced after 2 years 😒

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

We killed them mentally last week, most of their fans I spoke to this week almost seemed it's inevitable they'll lose to Leeds and Leicester considering they "can't beat us".

I feel the opposite has happened, had we won the derby the focus may have waned from the main target. The season is only half done and however nice beating Norwich would have been, not at the cost of serious promotion push. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I feel the opposite has happened, had we won the derby the focus may have waned from the main target. The season is only half done and however nice beating Norwich would have been, not at the cost of serious promotion push. 

"We didnt want to win the derby anyway.."

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Blimey, you have a long memory

And it is a measure of how much a 'cup final' this was for you lot ie it might have impacted on your season - for us it was just another mid-season game, though it certainly delivered loads of laughs up her over your failure after so much hype

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Are you in the spin industry ? Had your lot won you'd have been all  over here big time and don't pretend you wouldn't.

Focus waned my a*se. You really think your  ' serious promotion push ' would have stalled ? You'd have two points extra for a start.