Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Bring on the f*****g derby

I know the league table doesn't lie, but...

I watched the other lot on Tuesday and was totally, and quite pleasingly underwhelmed. Watford looked to have the more talented set of players and should have beaten them. Confidence and spirit appear to have put points on the board for them. I actually think man for man we also have a more talented first 11, Tuanzebe perhaps being an exception.

Jonny Rowe is gonna be the hero, good to see he's fired up and a little bit of our own confidence could swing it.

• Like 1

I just want to see us absolutely up for it. Get right in their faces and leave one in at every opportunity. This is a chance for one of our newer lads in particular to really make a name for themselves. And it's up to our experienced newer lads, who will surely have had a fair few derbies, to help the youngsters along.

More than anything, I want Idah to be angry going into this. Barnes will probably try every trick in the book to get an Ipswich player to bite, but we have to knock them back at every opportunity and turn this into a bitty, messy, stop-start crapfest. THey'll fancy their chances and justifiably so if they get momentum going, so we need to kill it every chance we get.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Satriales said:

Come on!

Yes come on JW a bit of fighting spirit is what's needed. Love this man

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Yes come on JW a bit of fighting spirit is what's needed. Love this man

He's been with us a while, so probably understands the East Anglian derby better than most of our squad. Perhaps Gunn and Onel also. I would add Hanley but unfortunately he won't be playing.

6 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

I know the league table doesn't lie, but...

I watched the other lot on Tuesday and was totally, and quite pleasingly underwhelmed. Watford looked to have the more talented set of players and should have beaten them. Confidence and spirit appear to have put points on the board for them. I actually think man for man we also have a more talented first 11, Tuanzebe perhaps being an exception.

Jonny Rowe is gonna be the hero, good to see he's fired up and a little bit of our own confidence could swing it.

Amazing how we see things differently. I thought they always looked like scoring.. and the way the attacked at speed and created overloads was very impressive. Watford looked good at times, but I think they’re a team of individuals, and that unpredictable aspect gave them some good opportunities, but always felt Ipswich had control. 

Anyway, love to see this from Rowe. We need more of it. 

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He comes from an entire family of strong Ipswich supporters from what he's said. Wonder how they're feeling?

Probably proud of him that he made a brave decision and is trying to make a go of his career?

• Haha 1

Problem is our entire midfield line up is so lightweight they will get blown away in all likelihood. Even last night Sara (particularly) was easily swept off the ball with Nacho not far behind. What we need is a classic 'CDM'. Oh wait, we dont need one of them do we!!  

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Problem is our entire midfield line up is so lightweight they will get blown away in all likelihood. Even last night Sara (particularly) was easily swept off the ball with Nacho not far behind. What we need is a classic 'CDM'. Oh wait, we dont need one of them do we!!  

Signing one Jan 28.

• Haha 1

We need to leave something on Morsy and Williams at every opportunity. Williams wont be able to resist biting, but Morsy is the one we really need booked or sent off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He comes from an entire family of strong Ipswich supporters from what he's said. Wonder how they're feeling?

They are a great family and rightly proud of Liam. Huge Ipswich fans but now want City to win. 
I would run naked along Gentleman’s Walk if Liam scores the winner ! 

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yes, we could have the best CDM in the world, but as none of the others mark tight it is pointless. Rather like having a 6 foot 5 inch player in the wall, only to have the other four at 5 foot 5 inches.

A CDM can only mark or tackle one player at a time.

I’ll never forgot them waving money at Carrow Road after the evans takeover, and they’re absolute pleasure at our downfall in 2009 when they last beat us, near enough sealing our fate of relegation. I’ve often thought during our 14 year run that’s karma for you. 

I’d like to think, in the main, we as Norwich fans haven’t directly over egged our success. Even the play off semi final, which has to be the greatest East Anglian derby moment, we focused more on ‘us’ and celebrating our success. 

They’re absolutely baying for us Saturday. Our supremacy has hurt them and their ‘proud history.’ Perhaps our more humble attitude will be rewarded for a bit longer still. Here’s hoping anyway!

12 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Amazing how we see things differently. I thought they always looked like scoring.. and the way the attacked at speed and created overloads was very impressive. Watford looked good at times, but I think they’re a team of individuals, and that unpredictable aspect gave them some good opportunities, but always felt Ipswich had control. 

Anyway, love to see this from Rowe. We need more of it. 

I did see what they're all singing about; they move well, rapidly and really want to score. 

But they are also naive, made several silly mistakes and didn't defend the overloads against then well at all.

I think whether we're clinical in front of goal or not decides who wins 

58 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I’ll never forgot them waving money at Carrow Road after the evans takeover, and they’re absolute pleasure at our downfall in 2009 when they last beat us, near enough sealing our fate of relegation. I’ve often thought during our 14 year run that’s karma for you. 

I’d like to think, in the main, we as Norwich fans haven’t directly over egged our success. Even the play off semi final, which has to be the greatest East Anglian derby moment, we focused more on ‘us’ and celebrating our success. 

They’re absolutely baying for us Saturday. Our supremacy has hurt them and their ‘proud history.’ Perhaps our more humble attitude will be rewarded for a bit longer still. Here’s hoping anyway!

I would suggest the League Cup semi final was a far greater win. They came into the 2nd league as clear favourites and the thought, in the regional media, was that it was a mere formality. There was not the same hype as now, nor was there social media so we did not get the view from 'the other side of the hill' as now. By the time the play off semi came round, Evans had wreaked immense damage to the binners, both on and off the pitch. They had just scrapped into the play-offs on goal average, and they tipped up more in hope than expectation.

The two games in the 2010/11 season of importance as they served as a very harsh reality check for the binners. A 4-1 defeat at CR could be put down to a bad day, but a subsequent 5-1 hammering in their own backyard was confirmation of who had the better team, as well the better club. I don't begrudge them a win on Saturday, given the agony they have suffered over the past 20 years. Years that have seen us pick up four, yes four league titles, to their absolute nothing. I expect normal surface to be resumed in a season or two.

10 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Signing one Jan 28.

He'll be coming back from long term injury...

One of the reasons I've been quite nervous about the derby is that little bit of doubt about how much our players, most of whom weren't here the last time we played them, understand what the game means.

So pleased to see that Jonny Rowe gets it.

COYFY

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

One of the reasons I've been quite nervous about the derby is that little bit of doubt about how much our players, most of whom weren't here the last time we played them, understand what the game means.

So pleased to see that Jonny Rowe gets it.

COYFY

Gunn was in goal for us last time we played them. Think you can add him, nevermind his family..