KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Bristol v Norwich****

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Did you see Harry Kane on loan for us? 😂

Yes - I've also seen Goran Maric, Chris Killen and Wayne Biggins....................

I just hope now that folk get off Idah's case. His goal time in terms of the minutes on the pitch is actually decent. Feel so happy for the lad. He will come good but needs the confidence that a crowd right behind him can give. 

And a great result whatever all the fall out from the AGM. I still want Wagner to leave but much more I want us to win.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wagner will be here the rest of the season now, no question.

Very spawny win but narrowly shaded it against a quite awful Brizzle.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Don’t blame him lol. I don’t hate Wagner, I actually really like him. He just hasn’t been very good. 

This is how I feel. I'm pleased for him.

• Like 3

A provably poor manager streaks towards a provably poor striker to celebrate extending his employment 2 more games.

Its embarrassing.

Just now, sonyc said:

I just hope now that folk get off Idah's case. His goal time in terms of the minutes on the pitch is actually decent. Feel so happy for the lad. He will come good but needs the confidence that a crowd right behind him can give. 

And a great result whatever all the fall out from the AGM. I still want Wagner to leave but much more I want us to win.

Perhaps he’s place is from the bench? Seems to perform and score more that way.

2 minutes ago, unique said:

Daylight robbery.

Wagner clearly thinks Idah has kept him in a job.

Three points it may be, but so thoroughly undeserved.

Much as I dislike Wagner there is no way we deserved to lose that game. Bristol were ordinary and never looked like scoring in the 2nd half 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

If I remember right he has one of the highest shot to goal conversation rates in the entire division 

Feel free to look that one up as I understand if you don't bealive me

• Like 1

So conflicted. Can’t help enjoy a late winner and a victory but you also know that means we are stuck in Wagner limbo for a few more weeks! 

• Like 1

Well didn’t see that coming … better second half first 20 .. then nothing really .. but take win in end !! In shock haha 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Much as I dislike Wagner there is no way we deserved to lose that game. Bristol were ordinary and never looked like scoring in the 2nd half 

I agree. Not sure why the Bristol commentators were making out they had dominated. I thought they were utter cr*p and had we kept our foot in the gas after the equaliser we could have won it earlier in the half. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

A provably poor manager streaks towards a provably poor striker to celebrate extending his employment 2 more games.

Its embarrassing.

Idah isn’t a poor striker 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The championship is so poor this year that we are only 4 points off the play offs. 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Absolutely.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

So conflicted. Can’t help enjoy a late winner and a victory but you also know that means we are stuck in Wagner limbo for a few more weeks! 

His celebration though! Ran the whole length of the pitch and jumped into Adam's arms! Like he had won the league. Great to see that passion and reckon he is the most relieved man in town.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Idah isn’t a poor striker 

He’s Simeon Jackson when we need Grant Holt

We need a consistent leading man that will get us goals and lead the line, not some guy who scores splurgy last minute winners.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

No Jim . It means that Norwich won. No conflict. If you are honestly conflicted my friend you ain’t a City fan. 

If you didn’t jump out of your seat when that went in I’m not interested in anything you have to say. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Totally undeserved win. we have 3 to 4 players who are good enough for a top six side, the rest are meh. But our coaching is absolutely atrocious. We simply do not know how to progress a ball forward as a unit from the goal keeper to an attacking position. Throw ins are random acts, passing is guesswork. I suppose if you spend 90 minutes passing the ball in a random manner, a couple of passes might be good ones. These are the percentages we rely upon. Bristol, a team technically inferior played better than us because they operated as a cohesive unit but they relied too much on long range shots. we relied on pumping the ball forward. Not a strategy for success. We need another Farke as coach and we need him now.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

His celebration though! Ran the whole length of the pitch and jumped into Adam's arms! Like he had won the league. Great to see that passion and reckon he is the most relieved man in town.

He’s always been likeable. I have nothing against the man. He’s just tactically very, very, limited. Even today he got a lot wrong in my view. 

Knapper should sack Wagner tonight ala Farke to be fair that’d be quite funny

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No Jim . It means that Norwich won. No conflict. If you are honestly conflicted my friend you ain’t a City fan. 

If you didn’t jump out of your seat when that went in I’m not interested in anything you have to say. 

Out of reactions, but this 👏

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

My dyslexia has him down as the most reviled man in town

• Haha 1

Idah has kept Wagner in a job no question. But to be fair both Barnes and Rowe were utterly dreadful and deserved to be hooked.

I'm not going to pretend I don't still want him sacked. If we win at Ipswich though then yeah keep him, but that wasn't a good performance.