Pugin

Hounding Delia is unspeakably classless

No Norwich City fan throughout its existence will ever do anything more classless than hounding Delia in word and deed. 

It's deplorable and crass. She deserves to be allowed to  make her own exit in her own time which, in her 83rd year, she knows is upon her. It's not like leaving a building, she's stepping away in a process that needs to be right and meticulous, and cannot be rushed. Show some respect and decency.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I am not so sure she does know her time is up nor her even older husband and as for crass and deplorable that is lost on her following the comments she made on Thursday evening regarding the fans and media.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Pugin said:

No Norwich City fan throughout its existence will ever do anything more classless than hounding Delia in word and deed. 

It's deplorable and crass. She deserves to be allowed to  make her own exit in her own time which, in her 83rd year, she knows is upon her. It's not like leaving a building, she's stepping away in a process that needs to be right and meticulous, and cannot be rushed. Show some respect and decency.

Sentimental rubbish. 

She doesn't give respect, so doesn't deserve any. She's lead a very charmed life at NCFC, but due the AGM debacle has shown once and for all that her and MWJ are not fit for purpose.  

Edited by komakino
  • Like 12

Important to draw a distinction here,  I think. She and MWJ should absolutely not be above criticism. But there's no reason that criticism needs to come with personal abuse.

That obviously cuts both ways, too. They need to be able to take and respond to criticism without making the sweeping generalisations they made in that interview.

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, Pugin said:

OMG. 

The OP is the embodiment of every thing that is wrong with this football club. And has been for a long time.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Important to draw a distinction here,  I think. She and MWJ should absolutely not be above criticism. But there's no reason that criticism needs to come with personal abuse.

That obviously cuts both ways, too. They need to be able to take and respond to criticism without making the sweeping generalisations they made in that interview.

Spot on.

And they need to realise that making sweeping generalisations such as these will, in turn, lead to more (and more vociferous) criticism.

A lot of Delia's supposed supportive 80% (of which I am one) would no doubt agree that the language used over the past few days is entirely unfair on the supporters. It's such divisive rhetoric to divide the fanbase into 'wonderful fans' (those who don't complain) and 'boo boys' (who do complain).

We all have a lifelong vested interest in this football club, and we're all entitled to our opinions. Even though I know there is a small minority of fans who are vitriolic and deeply unpleasant, there are probably a huge number of loyal, fair-minded and reasonable supporters who are entirely unappreciative of the way she and her husband have behaved in recent days.

The complete straight-batting of Connor Southwell's very reasonable question about governance was especially galling. For a couple who have spent their entire lives in the media, they don't half drop some PR blunders.

It might be prudent at this juncture to show a bit more humility; in their advanced years, it should be more apparent than ever to them that while they are still 'majority shareholders', they are 'custodians' of a priceless community asset rather than 'owners' of a commodity. I do hope the end of their tenure is not bookmarked by an increasing amount of sniping at the fans. It's not a good look.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Thanks Delia x

I feel most of the issues are a lot of fans have only followed the club post lambert and have essentially known only goodish times. The spell 93-lambert was pretty uninspiring where we were an average championship team at best most of the time.

And yes I agree having a pop at an 80 year old who only wants the best for club is pretty despicable why not have a pop at Michael he seems to get a much easier ride than Delia.

The only currency fans really understand is success.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Almost as classy as drunkenly ranting at the fans at half time all those years ago and then abusing the fans at an AGM this week. 

As the old saying goes “In everything, treat others as you would want them to treat you”

Delia let her mask slip this week and she only has herself to blame for the consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Who on here is hounding her? 

Just because someone is old doesn’t excuse them from criticism. cognitive function and reasoning diminish in most with age, they should be enjoying their retirement, if they both rode off into the sunset 18 months ago when Mark Attanasio bought in most people would of applauded them for all their hard work. it’s only by choice and pigheadedness they are lingering around this place smelling it up. 

• Like 2

Just to add, chanting “we want want delia out” is absolutely 

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Spot on.

And they need to realise that making sweeping generalisations such as these will, in turn, lead to more (and more vociferous) criticism.

A lot of Delia's supposed supportive 80% (of which I am one) would no doubt agree that the language used over the past few days is entirely unfair on the supporters. It's such divisive rhetoric to divide the fanbase into 'wonderful fans' (those who don't complain) and 'boo boys' (who do complain).

We all have a lifelong vested interest in this football club, and we're all entitled to our opinions. Even though I know there is a small minority of fans who are vitriolic and deeply unpleasant, there are probably a huge number of loyal, fair-minded and reasonable supporters who are entirely unappreciative of the way she and her husband have behaved in recent days.

The complete straight-batting of Connor Southwell's very reasonable question about governance was especially galling. For a couple who have spent their entire lives in the media, they don't half drop some PR blunders.

It might be prudent at this juncture to show a bit more humility; in their advanced years, it should be more apparent than ever to them that while they are still 'majority shareholders', they are 'custodians' of a priceless community asset rather than 'owners' of a commodity. I do hope the end of their tenure is not bookmarked by an increasing amount of sniping at the fans. It's not a good look.

It so far from the truth, why are you even stating it? It’s not ‘supposed’ at all, it’s complete nonsense.

You’re one of a minority of delia supporters, and that’s fair enough. But that’s what it is now, a minority, and should be recognised as such.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

I feel most of the issues are a lot of fans have only followed the club post lambert and have essentially known only goodish times. The spell 93-lambert was pretty uninspiring where we were an average championship team at best most of the time.

And yes I agree having a pop at an 80 year old who only wants the best for club is pretty despicable why not have a pop at Michael he seems to get a much easier ride than Delia.

I think Delia and many of her fans actually think Norwich City only began when Michael and her  took over. Amazing how many times anything before that has been airbrushed by them. I remember her going on about how Farke’s team were the best ever NCFC team…. Completely forgetting anything what went before her tenure. 

38 minutes ago, Pugin said:

A very good call....now....Red or White or maybe a Sherry or Port?....

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Just to add, chanting “we want want delia out” is absolutely 

It so far from the truth, why are you even stating it? It’s not ‘supposed’ at all, it’s complete nonsense.

You’re one of a minority of delia supporters, and that’s fair enough. But that’s what it is now, a minority, and should be recognised as such.

The use of the word 'supposed' implied that I was not taking the comment as fact. The whole nature of my post was that it's much more nuanced than just dividing fans between 'the good ones' who don't complain and 'the bad ones' who do.

42 minutes ago, Pugin said:

As satire goes, this needs a little work. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Michael probably gets an easier ride cause he says less divisive comments. Probably handles the sherry a bit better. 

I’ve supported for over 40 years there has always been ups and downs. It’s as divided right now as it’s ever been. Even when we went down to league one (also under Delia the only time we’ve been to the third tier since 1960!! ) we all knew change was needed. We all know it now yet some seem incapable of accepting it. 

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

The use of the word 'supposed' implied that I was not taking the comment as fact. The whole nature of my post was that it's much more nuanced than just dividing fans between 'the good ones' who don't complain and 'the bad ones' who do.

Yes I know that, but making reference to it in the way you did still pays some credit to the narrative.

MA said i have learnt so much from Delia and MWJ 

Do not drink then talk to the media being one 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

MA said i have learnt so much from Delia and MWJ 

Do not drink then talk to the media being one 

Does Delia have a drink problem?

Sorry...but age is irrelevent

She and her husband must be judged on their performances as club owners

If theyre too old or cant take the criticism in the posts that they hold, its time for them to stand down

If everyone waits for them to act at their own pace, we'll be in league one

• Like 2