Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Is Hernandez the worst player ever to play for Norwich

The subject comment is unfair but he was poor tonight, along with Idah - but it is a pretty long list of who was poor.

Edited by Branston Pickle

He was good 4 years ago so that alone doesn't make him the worst player ever.

Technically he is the worst player in our squad at the moment.

Definitely not. But how he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me. He's a decent impact player as a late sub, but should never be a starter. 

• Like 6

He has been at our club for a very long time but has shown nothing. his football intelligence is the worst ive ever seen.  if i was a manger against Norwich id tell the players to give the ball to him because he always loses it

To be fair to him , its not his fault the club offered him a new long term contract. Why i have no idea , he has been so poor for several seasons and should have been binned 2 seasons ago.  

Just now, Dame to Blame said:

To be fair to him , its not his fault the club offered him a new long term contract. Why i have no idea , he has been so poor for several seasons and should have been binned 2 seasons ago.  

I agree  i would take the money too

Utter tripe.

Hernandez issue is that he lacks a final ball with a decent final ball we wouldn’t be playing for Norwich.

If anything he raised expectations last season by showing glimpses of his 18/19 form. It appears this may have been because he was trying to get a new contract which now he has the form of last season was disappeared.

• Like 1

Utter tripe   anyone who gives the ball to opposition every time he has it should not be playing top level pro football

• Like 1

He’s a great guy and supporter of the club but let’s be honest he would be better off just being our mascot.

Indeed I’d play captain canary (even the old one with the big rubber boots) over 2023 Hernandez 

• Like 1

Absolutely not, a good option off the bench. Can't understand why he's starting, looks absolutely bereft of any sort of belief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Absolutely not, a good option off the bench. Can't understand why he's starting, looks absolutely bereft of any sort of belief.

so why is he a good option off the bench?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

so why is he a good option off the bench?

Pacy, direct, physical, dedicated, probably on reasonable wages?

If you want someone to come on and stretch play against a tiring defence I have seen far worse options over the last couple of decades.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Pacy, direct, physical, dedicated, probably on reasonable wages?

If you want someone to come on and stretch play against a tiring defence I have seen far worse options over the last couple of decades.

then give the ball away i have not seen anyone who gives the ball away so much without creating a chance

Edited by mastoola

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

then give the ball away

Yeah, that's a great point when all other 10 players tonight were so wonderful at keeping possession.

Just now, Ian said:

Yeah, that's a great point when all other 10 players tonight were so wonderful at keeping possession.

its over seasons and not just tonight

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

its over seasons and not just tonight

I think you're wrong.

End product is no doubt a well-discussed weakness, but in general Hernandez has been very good at holding the ball up and keeping possession. A strong player capable of turning his man at this level.

Definitely hasn't looked good since he came back from injury, but other than that you're wider of the mark than one of his shots.

Lost your heads… Hernandez is a fantastic player, we shouldn’t be needing his services. Rightly so he should still be knocking on the door for his country but seriously, we should not be relying on him to put a shift in so save our sorry ****! 

No way. I agree he was abysmal tonight but he was great when we signed first him and played a big part in our first league title under Farke, it’s just the problem now is that he’s past his peak. Should have been Sainz starting in place of him

He's on poor form but he's better than he looks currently. McLean is a worse regular starter than Onel.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1