Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Football in a library?

While the entertainment on offer was poor it was a win but the apathy in the crowd was audible.

More pertinent was the absence of the drummer.   Are the rumours that the club have removed permission correct?  Linked to behaviour at both the Coventry and Leedz games?    The volume levels have certainly fallen as a result?   Apologies if covered elsewhere.

Edited by ZLF

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Someone recently wrote on here that he got into a barney with a Leeds fan and the club have given him the heave-ho.

The rumour account I heard was that an unidentified Leeds fan attacked him and he retaliated. As a consequence and whether, fairly or otherwise, he is banned at the very least pending an investigation.

A difficult situation that demonstrates the challenges involved in this type of initiative.

Top contributor
  ·   · 

A lot of you know City Elite Harley Gee has been banned atm on bail conditions from attending NCFC home and away following a minor incident involving a Leeds fan after the game on the 21st Oct 2023,
just to let you all know Harley and the drum will be at the Woolpack public house to watch the Ipswich v Norwich Derby game live on the screen in December !
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZLF said:

While the entertainment on offer was poor it was a win but the apathy in the crowd was audible.

More pertinent was the absence of the drummer.   Are the rumours that the club have removed permission correct?  Linked to behaviour at both the Coventry and Leedz games?    The volume levels have certainly fallen as a result?   Apologies if covered elsewhere.

Oh 100%, the atmosphere is a terribly poor at the moment. The drum made a huge difference although some argued it didn't. 

The atmosphere with the drum under Dean bl**dy Smith was actually better than without the drum under Wagner.

• Like 2

A number of people have been banned for minor issues that years ago would have warranted a ticking off at best. The atmosphere has been getting worse and worse at Carrow Road for years. Gone are the days of mental last minute winners at home to Millwall. 

The atmosphere at the moment is as bad as I can ever remember it. Which was most underpinned by the loudest noise during the game coming from the snakepit singing the "How sh*t must you be... we're winning 1-0" song.

There vibe was generally a bit more positive before the game, I think most people were ready to get behind the team - however the performance was a cure for insomnia.

I hope the Ipswich game is a catalyst for all corners of the stadium to bring back some energy

I was pleased we won and stayed to clap the players but the quote from Wagner that he'll forego entertainment for being solid make me laugh out loud! I must have missed the entertainment in the long losing streak! 

Still two wins, Barnes back, Batth looking the part gives us some optimism for the future.

Fundamentally the current ownership and board at the club have sucked the life out of the supporter base. People can’t even be bothered to give the club grief anymore as they know they are ignored. 

• Like 7

The atmosphere has zero to do with a drum. It's the complete apathy of the crowd. Full stop. That in turn has been driven  by a third successive season of generally garbage performances at home.

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I was pleased we won and stayed to clap the players but the quote from Wagner that he'll forego entertainment for being solid make me laugh out loud! I must have missed the entertainment in the long losing streak! 

Still two wins, Barnes back, Batth looking the part gives us some optimism for the future.

I think we all know what he meant......before Saturday our previous seven games (since beating Brum 2-0) yielded a total of 26 goals, so just under four per game. Grinding out a dull 1-0 is a big shift from that sequence.

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

The atmosphere has zero to do with a drum. It's the complete apathy of the crowd. Full stop. That in turn has been driven  by a third successive season of generally garbage performances at home.

Well someone on here - you know who you are - must be delighted with Saturday’s performance AND three points

Argued long and hard that professional football isn’t part of the entertainment industry. Those that endured the latest torture might tend to agree.

36 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

The atmosphere at the moment is as bad as I can ever remember it. Which was most underpinned by the loudest noise during the game coming from the snakepit singing the "How sh*t must you be... we're winning 1-0" song.

There vibe was generally a bit more positive before the game, I think most people were ready to get behind the team - however the performance was a cure for insomnia.

I hope the Ipswich game is a catalyst for all corners of the stadium to bring back some energy

Err the upcoming Ipswich game is away!!

we certainly don’t want energy from all 4 corners of that place!

the atmosphere reflects the mood. Talking the lead was no indicrion of how the game would finish, and very little afterwards suggested we would score another, or stop QPR from equalising or even winning.

I am certain ythat the idiot reproducing someone digging up the road had no affect. Worrying times as we were in freefall towards relegation, with the thought being uper most in supporters minds 'how the hell did we get here'. It will need at least four points from the next two games to pick things up.... a bit.

Good riddance to that stupid drum.

Only a matter of time before something like this happened. Shame the club indulged d1ck head culture to allow it in the first place

Edited by Nexus_Canary

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Only a matter of time before something like this happened. Shame the club indulged d1ck head culture to allow it in the first place

Vive la Drum! 

The sooner it's back, the better. 

The atmosphere is an absolute embarrassment befitting our club currently. But you seem ok with that. 

It's such a shame things seem to come in and improve things, then vanish just as quick. Some of those flag displays during the Farke era made me feel immensely proud to be a Norwich City supporter. The drum too, got loads of praise from opposition fans, so you just felt proud we were doing it. 

Now it's a morgue, and Carrow Road is starting to look tired needs work. Not a great deal to be proud of at the minute. I wish the club would actively support ideas improving the atmosphere instead of their fencing sitting attitude. Scared stiff of upsetting the old codgers. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

The atmosphere at CR reflects the last few years I’m afraid. Saturday was poor . I liked the drum , it was sorely missed. The only reaction from the fans was a) the goal and b)when  dozzels lad came on . 

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well someone on here - you know who you are - must be delighted with Saturday’s performance AND three points

Argued long and hard that professional football isn’t part of the entertainment industry. Those that endured the latest torture might tend to agree.

There's some on here, and they know who they are, who think football is primarily an entertainment business. However, if they were honest, they'd prefer we won the next six games 1-0 than losing them all 3-2. 

16 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Scared stiff of upsetting the old codgers. 

If older people don't like the drum it's not because they don't like drums, it's because they recognise and remember that they didn't need an effing drum to get behind the team, so why should it be necessary now all of a sudden. 

I've been to away matches where the home team has a drum and every time I come away from them thinking how embarrassing it is that they need a drum to get themselves going. 

So I really think that the onus is on every person to step up their noise levels themselves and to take a bit of responsibility for the atmosphere themselves.  

I know, I don't go to matches, how dare I say anything, but you mentioned old codgers, so as I qualify for that description, I guess I'm choosing to speak up for them......

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If older people don't like the drum it's not because they don't like drums, it's because they recognise and remember that they didn't need an effing drum to get behind the team, so why should it be necessary now all of a sudden. 

I've been to away matches where the home team has a drum and every time I come away from them thinking how embarrassing it is that they need a drum to get themselves going. 

So I really think that the onus is on every person to step up their noise levels themselves and to take a bit of responsibility for the atmosphere themselves.  

I know, I don't go to matches, how dare I say anything, but you mentioned old codgers, so as I qualify for that description, I guess I'm choosing to speak up for them......

Nah, it's coz they're miserable old gits. 

So I suppose, everything should always stay the same and never progress. The logic of a codger. 

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

So I suppose, everything should always stay the same and never progress. The logic of a codger. 

Ah, so having a drum at a football ground is a sign of progress. Ok........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

As far as i'm aware the drummer has a football ban, not by our club, so unless I'm wrong the drum isn't banned. So a decent solution for you would be to volunteer to drum the drum until such a time the drummer can return. Perhaps you could wave some flags as well because they seem to be missing too.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As far as i'm aware the drummer has a football ban, not by our club, so unless I'm wrong the drum isn't banned. So a decent solution for you would be to volunteer to drum the drum until such a time the drummer can return. Perhaps you could wave some flags as well because they seem to be missing too.

What on earth did he do to get a football ban? Did he insert his drum stick up the Leeds fans you know what!

3 minutes ago, Satriales said:

What on earth did he do to get a football ban? Did he insert his drum stick up the Leeds fans you know what!

I don't know. But it says bail conditions in Tilly's post so I assume its that rather than an internal affair. Perhaps our club imposed bail conditions but even if so surely that applies to the drummer not the drum?

Edited by nutty nigel

The drum certainly does help but it's not the be all and end all. There isn't a lot to get excited about at the moment and already it feels a bit of a nothing season as there needs to be a dramatic improvement in all positions on the pitch if we are to make top 6.

Whilst Saturday's performance was solid and professional in some respects, crikey it was completely devoid of any attacking intent. I'd go as far and say it was a soulless and joyless performance - how the hell can you be expected to get behind that?

People who can't be bothered to go to matches make me smile though; quick to criticise but no intent to come along to the ground and help improve the the atmosphere.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nobody has stated that. However you make the absurd bleat that ANY change equates to progress. It does not. Change is determined by numerous things - not simply because some know nothing spotty herbert has little understanding of the wider world. I expect there were simillar numpties bleating because wiser heads objected to plastic pitches, the idea of heightened crossbars and the game consisting of four quarters.  "It's progress, innit "

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know. But it says bail conditions in Tilly's post so I assume its that rather than an internal affair. Perhaps our club imposed bail conditions but even if so surely that applies to the drummer not the drum?

@Satriales I think that answers your question..

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

39 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Nobody has stated that. However you make the absurd bleat that ANY change equates to progress. It does not. Change is determined by numerous things - not simply because some know nothing spotty herbert has little understanding of the wider world. I expect there were simillar numpties bleating because wiser heads objected to plastic pitches, the idea of heightened crossbars and the game consisting of four quarters.  "It's progress, innit "

Codger.