Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England V North Macedonia

England will win by a few in a yawn-fest where some media elements will jack themselves into a frenzy about it "coming home" (news flash, there's more chance of Shamina Begum coming home or Suella Braverman going back home to Rwanda), one or both of Maguire and Henderson will get a start to the consternation of many and some will continue to criticise Southgate for not letting the team off the leash.

The particularly hard of thinking will say "why aren't we always on the attack with the team we have" without realising that to attack well, you need top-drawer defenders and goalies, and England are lacking badly in those.

• Like 2

Loved how after the Malta game Jordon Pickford refused to be interviewed by the media as he said he knew what they would want to ask questions about.

Think Rico Lewis will be one to keep an eye on tonight. Man City sure trust him, and getting an England debut at 18 is impressive.. Joins a rather small list of players like Micheal Owen, Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood to get that honour

Although I think we should ignore that last one

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

I don't know why I put myself through it. I refuse to watch a cookery programme so its the football. And we have just seen a ridiculous referee change his mind after a ridiculous VAR.  And Pickford saves it but matey follows up.

But we wouldn't be 1-0 down if we stopped trying to walk it in.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Anyone who thinks VAR is still an asset to football is deluded.

Can not remember a ref being called to the screen and not going with what var said?

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't know why I put myself through it. I refuse to watch a cookery programme so its the football. And we have just seen a ridiculous referee change his mind after a ridiculous VAR.  And Pickford saves it but matey follows up.

But we wouldn't be 1-0 down if we stopped trying to walk it in.

Possibly we would as the Harry Maguire challenge was worth a penalty. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

That was quite the most ridiculous var decision. ‘Clear and obvious’ error my backside!

The guy ran into Lewis' hand if you look at the slomo.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

The guy ran into Lewis' hand if you look at the slomo.

Watching the ref looking at the screen and he is just looking in slow mo on an isolated split second moment. Should be seen in real time.

1 minute ago, In my blood said:

Watching the ref looking at the screen and he is just looking in slow mo on an isolated split second moment. Should be seen in real time.

He did and didn't give a penalty.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That was quite the most ridiculous var decision. ‘Clear and obvious’ error my backside!

Yet they didn't even ask the ref to look at the Maguire possible pen when he lost the ball and basically fell into the guy!

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Anyone who thinks VAR is still an asset to football is deluded.

Home alone so unexpectedly in charge of the remote. 

VAR's an asset to the TV drama. Will provide talking points over HT. Would anyone in the stadium have a clue what was going on?

I'm going to do the PUPs stats.

Textbook example of where refereeing in slo-mo makes things look totally different to real time. Although it would be damned hilarious if England lost this game.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kane already in the action 😀

Fastest goal scored by a substitute off of the bench record for England maybe? Felt like seconds

Edited by cambridgeshire canary