Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Lampard

22 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would assume Narcis Pelach will apply for the job.

He would of been my choice to be in charge for the Cardiff game, and leave as caretaker so they can search thoroughly for the new manager.

I mean LLLLLLLLLLLLLampard wouldn''t be my first choice but it would be great just to see the absolute meltdown on here or u-turns when he's eventually appointed.

Pelach would be extremely underwhelming unless he blows everyones socks off in the interview. He's part of the problem and existing coaching seldom make the step up.

As I said on the other thread, Lampard would have made the bookies a tonne during the time Smith was appointed and their algorithms will be banking on people remembering the link. Not a chance it's Lampard.

I'd suggest Knapper will appoint someone younger, with something to prove. Someone who would be in a similar situation to himself, Norwich being a big opportunity to show you've got what it takes.

I'm not one of these that fawns over rampant Ipswich, but I'd think it will be very similar to a Kieran McKenna appointment.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I thought he’d turned us down?

He said this back in September: "I'm not afraid to say that (I want to be a head coach) because I always say that if I give my all and my best, then if I don't achieve, I won't feel embarrassed."

He may have said more recently that he didn't want that to be at Norwich City, but even if so he was probably being diplomatic while Wagner was still in the job.

To be clear I am not saying he should get the job - I have no idea - but I would be surprised if he didn't apply.

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He said this back in September: "I'm not afraid to say that (I want to be a head coach) because I always say that if I give my all and my best, then if I don't achieve, I won't feel embarrassed."

He may have said more recently that he didn't want that to be at Norwich City, but even if so he was probably being diplomatic while Wagner was still in the job.

To be clear I am not saying he should get the job - I have no idea - but I would be surprised if he didn't apply.

To be honest it’s a different set up now, would Lampard suit this club, can he work with what we have, his profile is high, so maybe he can gain the team respect and get them playing? Really at this stage we just need a coach and set up to stabilise the team and keep us out of a relegation fight! 

Another rumour I’ve heard is Jack Wilshere, current head of Arsenal U18s - and obviously well-known to Knapper.

58 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Not a fan of him at all but you are factually incorrect. Derby took 4 points from us in the 18/19 season so were not 'completely outdone'!!

I meant in terms of league position, not the fixtures between the two teams.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I meant in terms of league position, not the fixtures between the two teams.

And wasn't one of those games the floodlights fiasco?

25 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And wasn't one of those games the floodlights fiasco?

Yep.

6 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I think he's a poor manager. People are forgetting how much support he had at Derby and his team were completely outdone by Farke and his merry misfits during that season.

They beat us at Carrow road......with the help of a floodlight perhaps 

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would assume Narcis Pelach will apply for the job.

Not for me. Spends too much time looking in the mirror. 

8 hours ago, Grando said:

According to the EDP Lampard is our man if we get rid of Wagner. 

Words fail me.

Be better off with Frank Spencer

Oh Betty we’ve lost again

Don't worry Frank Delia’s a fan  

Don’t forget the Lampard teams were renown for not being able to defend which is the area we need the most help.  I’ll be phenomenally disappointed if Lampard is appointed.

19 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Quite £20 to the PUPs if it's Lampard.

Won’t happen.

He has a good PR team and makes sure he gets mentioned when any meaningful job arises, particularly any with any past connections.

This of course becomes self-fulfilling as their job is also to ensure connections are made (and reported on). 

Nothing that would surprise you cousin. 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Won’t happen.

He has a good PR team and makes sure he gets mentioned when any meaningful job arises, particularly any with any past connections.

This of course becomes self-fulfilling as their job is also to ensure connections are made (and reported on). 

Nothing that would surprise you cousin. 

Parma 

Pas du tout, cousin!

• Haha 1

If David Wagner does get the sack after the Cardiff game which we will win this will show the fans that this club does not know what they are doing ,so why not wait until January 2024 to get new players in and then decide after a few games. 

23 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Quite. £20 to the PUPs if it's Lampard.

It is going to be someone in their late 20s who is head coach at a Ligue 2 club. Or the Bundesliga 3.

On 07/11/2023 at 14:16, TheGunnShow said:

I think he's a poor manager. People are forgetting how much support he had at Derby and his team were completely outdone by Farke and his merry misfits during that season.

no good for us. he turned away last time

22 hours ago, Grando said:

Another rumour I’ve heard is Jack Wilshere, current head of Arsenal U18s - and obviously well-known to Knapper.

Mate of mine (who's all talk, it has to be said) swears blind this is true. Sent me this...

Personally think younger managers tend to get better reactions out of younger players so I'm not sure this would be a good move for a squad now more invested with older talent, but right now I'd take anything that signalled a change in direction from the clearly failing, tired stuff we're being served up at the minute.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 12:00, PurpleCanary said:

Pas du tout, cousin!

Former Chelsea and Everton manager Frank Lampard has emerged as the leading candidate to take over at League One club Oxford United. (Portsmouth News)

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
Plus ça change…..🤗

26 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Former Chelsea and Everton manager Frank Lampard has emerged as the leading candidate to take over at League One club Oxford United. (Portsmouth News)

Parma 

That was only after I'd turned the job down...😍

On 08/11/2023 at 16:03, Terminally Yellow said:

Mate of mine (who's all talk, it has to be said) swears blind this is true. Sent me this...

Personally think younger managers tend to get better reactions out of younger players so I'm not sure this would be a good move for a squad now more invested with older talent, but right now I'd take anything that signalled a change in direction from the clearly failing, tired stuff we're being served up at the minute.

The next appointment needs to be a strategic long term one I think. That’s why I’d be happy with a gap covered by a caretaker personally. A young manager who can get the best out of youth is exactly what I’d like to see and a huge clear out of these players next summer.

I’m excited by the potential Knapper has to change things in that direction, I’d personally be really pleased with Wilshire. Not because I’m convinced both would definitely be successful, but it just signals moves towards undoing the worst decisions of the last 3 years.

16 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

You must get the sports desk to write about it…but what juicy snippet will you feed them as a quid pro quo?

Parma 

Oh, perhaps the explanation as to why Tom Smith, after beng certified by the Takeover Panel as an independent director, was suddenly uncertified on the grounds that he was Delia's nephew, when he has been Delia's nephew since the day he was born...😍

• Haha 1