Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

KNAPPER NOW STARTS NOV 13TH

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

And Webber will be gone on 11th after the Cardiff game.

Yes. Which begs the question why they bothered to even announce the handover period if it was that likely to change purely down to on-field pressures. Would have saved a lot of mouth-frothing from fans

Just now, hogesar said:

Yes. Which begs the question why they bothered to even announce the handover period if it was that likely to change purely down to on-field pressures. Would have saved a lot of mouth-frothing from fans

Because they've been forced into a change of plan by the situation on and off the pitch. I bet the current ownership would still have liked him to stick around but his very presence is generating toxicity and they've belatedly realised Knapper needs every advantage they can give him, meaning as few distractions as possible.

• Like 7

Because they've been forced into a change of plan by the situation on and off the pitch. I bet the current ownership would still have liked him to stick around but his very presence is generating toxicity and they've belatedly realised Knapper needs every advantage they can give him, meaning as few distractions as possible.

Well exactly, but my point is, if the plan is subject to pressure situations on the pitch then it was stupid to even announce the handover period, fans didn't need to know until it happened anyway.

• Like 3

I'm almost certain my thoughts yesterday will come to pass now, Wagner is essentially working a weeks notice and will depart with Webber after Cardiff.

Tell you what though, not sure this Knapper is cut out for the role if he's willing to give up his holiday so easily!

(Thought I'd get it in early)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, best of luck Ben! 

The situation you're inheriting would test the most experienced SD - I hope you're a fast learner and a wild success! 

• Like 3

Just now, hogesar said:

I believe @PurpleCanary predicted similar to this occurrence, and he'd hate not to be name dropped at this point so here we go. 😉 

He'll be quoting himself directly 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems "ignore the nose" has been ignored..

I think that, along with Webber's other favourite phrases, won't be heard much any longer!

I think that, along with Webber's other favourite phrases, won't be heard much any longer!

“Super news” as Stu would say. 

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well exactly, but my point is, if the plan is subject to pressure situations on the pitch then it was stupid to even announce the handover period, fans didn't need to know until it happened anyway.

I'd suggest it is a fairly clear indicator of how out of touch the club is with regards to the fans and Webber.

I imagine they thought the announcement he was leaving and the new guy joining would be enough to placate the fans but they honestly seem in denial about Webber's standing at this point. Even this statement is at pains to big him up.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Given how much of a **** up he's made here I would not be too surprised if he fails to get any football related work elsewhere

Least he now has all the time in the world to climb mountains and watch Formula One now I suppose..

This is good news, clearly. 
But - it does follow hot on the heals of the story yesterday that City may commit to another year of Wagner. Should we win at Cardiff then Knapper being in post may well coincide with that occurrence. 
I sincerely hope not - as it’s evident Wagner will go on lengthy losing runs - and we will end up having to take action and pay him off a greater amount. Once again I will take a loss if it means getting rid of the guy. 

18 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

The Board have for once responded to the fans pressure. Amazing.

Or just the dire situation on the pitch.