Dean Coneys boots

NOT so nice little Norwich

The board invests much in painting a picture of little old Norwich the nice club with a family feel. But is that just corporate virtue washing? 

Look at Tzolis. 7 goals in 10 and playing well. Coincides with him saying “I feel valued” go figure… His feeling valued is, of course, an obvious comment on how he felt whilst at our club. He was not nurtured very well and the performances nosedived. He won’t return in green and yellow. 

its not just the players either. As Ma****a and others have said- we have lost LOTS of really good behind the scenes people who felt demoralised and demotivated under Webber’s rule. Many of them went to Ipswich who now look an awful lot like we did once upon a time…not any more. 

The  the board itself. How nice is it really of the owners to refuse to cede their power when it is so obviously needed thereby causing a dragging out of much needed handover? 

Perhaps the club is not really “nice” so much as “amateur” with husbands and wives allowed on the board and barely any protocols in place to question authority and hold people to account.

• Thanks 6

We do seem a club apart within the modern game and suddenly found out and with worse to come?

There is no reason why this club with its expanded fan-base and catchment should not have a stadium capable of housing 35, 000 plus in the good times. but more than the present in the bad times at least. 

It is all so cosy. Cosy, cosy Delia's exquisite pies and all. 

However, cosy is not business-like let alone the prescription for success in the 21st Century football World.

A 20th. Century club pretending to be relevant in 2023. 

The fans deserve better. Backward yokels we 'aint.

The club is nice until anyone shows dissent or criticises anything or they need to get rid of you. If you criticise you are seen as ungrateful or the enemy by those within the echo chamber.

They are incredibly thin skinned in my experience and that goes right to the top. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s all up and down the management in that place. The middle management are terrible as well.

A fish rots from the head, that’s why we need root and stem change

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The board invests much in painting a picture of little old Norwich the nice club with a family feel. But is that just corporate virtue washing? 

Look at Tzolis. 7 goals in 10 and playing well. Coincides with him saying “I feel valued” go figure… His feeling valued is, of course, an obvious comment on how he felt whilst at our club. He was not nurtured very well and the performances nosedived. He won’t return in green and yellow. 

its not just the players either. As Ma****a and others have said- we have lost LOTS of really good behind the scenes people who felt demoralised and demotivated under Webber’s rule. Many of them went to Ipswich who now look an awful lot like we did once upon a time…not any more. 

The  the board itself. How nice is it really of the owners to refuse to cede their power when it is so obviously needed thereby causing a dragging out of much needed handover? 

Perhaps the club is not really “nice” so much as “amateur” with husbands and wives allowed on the board and barely any protocols in place to question authority and hold people to account.

What he actually said was: "I've never felt a level of trust in my career."

So before we signed him as well, and while on loan away from us. 

Tzolis's Club Fortuna Dusseldorf has a plan for free football for match going fans. We won't even do it for fans travelling to Swansea on a midweek night.

The phrase when Delia first came was 'the Best Football Club in the World". When will Delia be handing over the crown?

The OP is one of those who's been calling us Little Old Norwich for the past 15 years, not our owners.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Tzolis's Club Fortuna Dusseldorf has a plan for free football for match going fans. We won't even do it for fans travelling to Swansea on a midweek night.

The phrase when Delia first came was 'the Best Football Club in the World". When will Delia be handing over the crown?

Well, that’s where you are being a bit misleading…plus ca change and all that.  The fact is they have a stadium that is never anywhere near full and are looking at getting large sponsorship to allow free entry to home games.  The cost would be covered by local industry and secondary spend will generate further income.  There’s never been a mention of paying for free travel or entry to away games, and it only became an idea as they had so much unused space. Quite why you mention it here is anyone’s guess as it is somewhat irrelevant.

Edit: i suppose it might have been a good model for Ipswich when they had 50-60% of seats empty almost every game.

Edited by Branston Pickle

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The OP is one of those who's been calling us Little Old Norwich for the past 15 years, not our owners.

No the OP is one who has been saying for a LONG time that we are trying to compete in a global 21st Century market using tired national 20th century ownership and investment levels. I warned this would cause terrible damage before long…and here we are! The owners are good people who love the club- but also very stubbornly selfish as regards handing over the reigns. Should have happened on first promotion and we might be a Brentford. But no…

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

No the OP is one who has been saying for a LONG time that we are trying to compete in a global 21st Century market using tired national 20th century ownership and investment levels. I warned this would cause terrible damage before long…and here we are! The owners are good people who love the club- but also very stubbornly selfish as regards handing over the reigns. Should have happened on first promotion and we might be a Brentford. But no…

Yeah you can't claim that as a win for you, you've been saying it for 20 years about us disappearing down the ether yet for those 20 years we've competed with many, many clubs with significantly richer owners. We've often been above 20-25 clubs with significantly more financial ability than ourselves.

Just now, hogesar said:

Yeah you can't claim that as a win for you, you've been saying it for 20 years about us disappearing down the ether yet for those 20 years we've competed with many, many clubs with significantly richer owners. We've often been above 20-25 clubs with significantly more financial ability than ourselves.

That clearly doesn’t fit the current narrative, even though it is of course completely true. 

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Do you think the leadership of this club is good currently?

Whoosh.  Way to go to miss the point, well done.

Edited by Branston Pickle

31 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It really is strange how saying a rather basic and obvious truth like you just did always seems to anger and upset some people. Why does the truth always seem to hurt for so many?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, that’s where you are being a bit misleading…plus ca change and all that.  The fact is they have a stadium that is never anywhere near full and are looking at getting large sponsorship to allow free entry to home games.  The cost would be covered by local industry and secondary spend will generate further income.  There’s never been a mention of paying for free travel or entry to away games, and it only became an idea as they had so much unused space. Quite why you mention it here is anyone’s guess as it is somewhat irrelevant.

Edit: i suppose it might have been a good model for Ipswich when they had 50-60% of seats empty almost every game.

Plenty of British Clubs in that situation. Consider our next visitors Blackburn Rovers or Charlton Athletic. It can happen quickly once the rot gets a hold. Carrow Road is beginning to show signs of undoing Andy Cullen's hard work under a management team that can't hold a candle to his efforts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It really is strange how saying a rather basic and obvious truth like you just did always seems to anger and upset some people. Why does the truth always seem to hurt for so many?

When you view things through yellow and green glasses, you see it so much differently 

We're certainly trying to move away from the quaint little old Norwich to a more corporate feel with a splattering of virtue signalling. Some parts of the business seem to have moved faster with finance and governance seeming to lag behind.

It feels more as though we are customers right now but that's another issue and I'm not sure that's right or wrong.

Unfortunately the business' product, the football, is way off at the moment and hasn't recovered since Farke left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whingeing endlessly about something year after year after year where it proves to be untrue, doesn’t suddenly make you an all-knowing-sage if things take a downturn.  
If anything it makes you a bit of an arsehole, incapable of enjoying the good times as you’re just waiting for the bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Best at what? Certainly not football, especially defending. If you look up on Wikipedia all the defensive attributes Franco Baresi was good at; every single one of those is non-existent here. Norwich fans are just so poor they will never learn. If you talk to them about building a team from the back you just see eyes glaze over.

It's odd as I was thinking something similar last night.  I can't think of a period where so many recent players or staff dislike this club or have had some form of bad experience.  And it's not like they're all ****e either.

I'm specifically thinking people like Todd Cantwell, Billy Gilmour, Dean Smith, Brandon Williams, Aaron Ramsey, Tzolis.  A lot of it has come from supporters too.

Have we all just turned into a bunch of knobs?   I see so much dislike and mocking of our own players and very little support when they're down.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Best at what? Certainly not football, especially defending. If you look up on Wikipedia all the defensive attributes Franco Baresi was good at; every single one of those is non-existent here. Norwich fans are just so poor they will never learn. If you talk to them about building a team from the back you just see eyes glaze over.

Why were you praising Chelsea yesterday? Last Result Chelsea 0 Brentford 2.

2 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

one being divorced soon

Any more detail on this? Not being gossipy, but if this is the case, then the level of dysfunctionality at the Carra is starting to go through the roof.

Pretty standard set up for a business in Norfolk....run like a business around 30 years in the past

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s all up and down the management in that place. The middle management are terrible as well.

A fish rots from the head, that’s why we need root and stem change

Fantastic mixed metaphors the Buhthole. We are a Fish but must be treated like a Tree, Genius.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You mean something that has been demonstrably untrue for 20 years but might eventually come to fruition?

The fact you think it's the truth should tell everyone it's probably not.

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Any more detail on this? Not being gossipy, but if this is the case, then the level of dysfunctionality at the Carra is starting to go through the roof.

Think they were just referring to Webber leaving 

I think Essex and DCB are having a competition to see who can find the most sticks to beat NCFC with. How we get to Norwich City as a total entity not being a family club because one (or is it two?) Head Coaches do not rate a player is genuinely totally beyond me. Personally I would like to see Tzolis do well but I am not sure that the rigours of English football is his thing, he is clearly enjoying his football again, maybe the way the game is played in the 2nd tier of German football suits him better, maybe he he prefers the way of life in Germany, maybe there is a bigger Greek ex pat community where he is, who knows, I am going to turn this on its head and say rather being a nasty club that makes Tzolis rot in the reserves and see his contract out they have sat down with him and admitted things have not worked out for him at Norwich and found him a loan stint that HE is happy with, that gets him playing and enjoying his football again..............