Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

The Webber thing is unforgivable I’m afraid

14 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Show me an employer/employee handbook that supports any of those points.

I can only speak from my workplace perspective. I get involved in an altercation with a resident and the only witness is the person I’m living with (fellow member of staff) With the best will in the world can they be impartial when asked about events. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I can only speak from my workplace perspective. I get involved in an altercation with a resident and the only witness is the person I’m living with. With the best will in the world can they be impartial when asked about events. 

Of course they can. If Jack Walker had an altercation with a customer and the only witness was Annie Walker do you think Newton & Ridley would not accept Annie's account of what occurred...

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course they can. If Jack Walker had an altercation with a customer and the only witness was Annie Walker do you think Newton & Ridley would not accept Annie's account of what occurred...

It’s Friendly Friday and once again you are correct Sir. 

5 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Another post based on no facts whatsoever.

Are you saying that companies not advocating relationships in management positions is based on no facts or the talented people leaving? 

I can only speak from my own experience. I was a manager, in a much lower position than the Webber's but for a national company. We never had a written rule as such about dating other staff members but, in no uncertain terms we knew it was more than just frowned upon.

I became close to my boss and we decided it was better for me to leave for another company as if it came out it would make her career progression very difficult.

Despite what a pain this was I could already hear whispers about us and it was not a healthy position. 

I can only imagine at the levels the Webbers are at it must have caused problems at times. 

If it was the talented people leaving you was disagreeing with then I really don't know but that was not the only company I have worked for that looked down on management relationships. 

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Leicestershire Mental Health Trust will not allow couples to work together. It’s common sense really, an obvious conflict of interests that could arise at any time. 

It's ok MY, we've established he was troll fishing. His comment was sarcastic and he didn't actually intend on getting a reasonable response.

The issue with public services, would seem we both work for then in one guise or other, is that policies tend to be the same or similar across regions.

Private entities are different and there are many examples of family businesses.

Also, as I have asked before, where is the presentation of information that suggests that a conflict of interest is actually occuring?

I do know of relatives working in the same department in public services, spouses, siblings etc, the police too in fact. There is procedure for this too. Again, can anyone say that procedure's are not in place for this?

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I can only speak from my workplace perspective. I get involved in an altercation with a resident and the only witness is the person I’m living with (fellow member of staff) With the best will in the world can they be impartial when asked about events. 

This is true. However, it is possible to mittigate by not having them work directly together. This is the policy we have in my department. Pretty certain it's the same in hospitals too.

The question that needs asking and answering before people skip straight to conspiracy theories is what mittigations are in place to at least minimalise such situstions.

6 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’m sorry but it really doesn’t make sense at all. Will Kier Starmer need his hand held by Rishi for a few months after he wins the next election? (Silly comparison I know, but you get my point). There is far more risk of damage with this very strange transitional thing than there is prospect of reward.

Its wholly unnecessary and makes us look even more a laughing stock than we probably already are!

It does if you gather all the info in. Knapper starts in November, by which time he has a month to meet with the head coach and recruitment team, run his rule over players being lined up, cross some off the list and gets scouts out looking at potential new targets.

That's before getting to grips with the club at large and all it entails.

I actually think the suggestion that Webber going at the end of or after this window to take the fall for anything that goes wrong in it, or has to be done that will upset some/all of the fans makes sense.

Knapper would not then shoulder any responsibility for this season whilst also focusing on the summer with time to focus scouts and recruitment on his vision.

I hope he brings some scouting info with him.

9 hours ago, chicken said:

This is true. However, it is possible to mittigate by not having them work directly together. This is the policy we have in my department. Pretty certain it's the same in hospitals too.

The question that needs asking and answering before people skip straight to conspiracy theories is what mittigations are in place to at least minimalise such situstions.

When the Annual Report quotes Zoe as being responsible for the 'Vision and Strategy' of the Club whilst most supporters effectively see that as the SD role there is clearly a problem to which I was seeking any informative feedback.

Any mitigations have not been the proactive concern of the Club. Maybe they should have been? Zoe often makes reference to Stu in her Matchday Programme Notes.

Edited by essex canary

5 hours ago, essex canary said:

When the Annual Report quotes Zoe as being responsible for the 'Vision and Strategy' of the Club whilst most supporters effectively see that as the SD role there is clearly a problem to which I was seeking any informative feedback.

Any mitigations have not been the proactive concern of the Club. Maybe they should have been? Zoe often makes reference to Stu in her Matchday Programme Notes.

No you weren't. It was a sarcastic remark recounting a time you were slighted. You know, as does everyone else, that I am not a mental health "expert". It was purely and simple an attempt to dig up something historical about you to have a go at. Otherwise why bring my name into it and reference that thread? 

Again, no one is being fooled here. If it was just about what you have said, why bring up mental health at all? Conflicts of interest are nothing directly to do with mental health. Nor was I anything much to do with this conversation.

Again, I will ask, does anyone have any evidence to suggest that there are no policies in place to ensure conflict of interest is avoided?

Zoe bringing up Stuart in her pieces for the matchday programme isn't evidence a conflict is taking place. Nor is how much she gets paid (and on that particular note, I would love to see how much other equivalent positions are being paid for comparisons sake). 

Again, please do provide more compelling evidence. (not just directed at Essex).

On 26/10/2023 at 13:20, PurpleCanary said:

If Knapper is as tough and as streetwise as I suspect he will make it clear that as soon as he has learned all he needs from Webber (and I assume he is already privately doing his homework on us) that the latter can go, thank you very much.

I actually doubt that Webber would want to stay anyway. If I remember correctly he plans to tackle Everest in May 2024, so I don't expect him to want to kick his heels at Carrow Road through until March.

I agree the club could be in a bit of a limbo, but only if the desire now is to sack Wagner. If the board is willing to give him more time then Knapper not arriving until late November isn't really a problem.

Today: 

Webber is scheduled to climb Mount Everest in May 2024, and is unlikely to remain at Norwich beyond the end of the year. 

On 27/10/2023 at 20:41, Canaries north said:

Are you saying that companies not advocating relationships in management positions is based on no facts or the talented people leaving? 

I can only speak from my own experience. I was a manager, in a much lower position than the Webber's but for a national company. We never had a written rule as such about dating other staff members but, in no uncertain terms we knew it was more than just frowned upon.

I became close to my boss and we decided it was better for me to leave for another company as if it came out it would make her career progression very difficult.

Despite what a pain this was I could already hear whispers about us and it was not a healthy position. 

I can only imagine at the levels the Webbers are at it must have caused problems at times. 

If it was the talented people leaving you was disagreeing with then I really don't know but that was not the only company I have worked for that looked down on management relationships. 

Same for me, but the other way round when I managed Nicole Scherzinger, it was all too much for her so I went back to calling Bingo in Yarmouth................ I'm a very giving sort of guy  😉

7 hours ago, Mark .Y. said:

Same for me, but the other way round when I managed Nicole Scherzinger, it was all too much for her so I went back to calling Bingo in Yarmouth................ I'm a very giving sort of guy  😉

I've always wanted to call bingo. 🙃

8 hours ago, Canaries north said:

I've always wanted to call bingo. 🙃

I was only 15 and in an arcade along the sea-front, best Summer job I ever had 🙂

It's maybe possibly/probably down to be more financially cost effective to let Crag-hopper Stu stew at the club and thus allow him to see his n' see "I've got nowt on the horizon job-wise apart from Everest - so I'll just put me feet up an' see me time out on full whack an' expenses an' that'll wind them foamin' at the mouth snake-pit divorcees and includin' the rest o' them seal clappin' saddo NFN locals up"....Than those with power to have had the horlicks to show him the door rapido like they did with the Moxey bloke....I just think we haven't got the wonga to afford to sack Stu....As others have reiterated, what's his apprentice lap dog deputy Mr Adams doing if he can't step into Stu's pointy shoes and take the reins and for Neeyul to then show incoming new boy Flint Knapper the ropes?.... 

C'mon you gotta larf or you'll cry....Stu the bloke's played an absolute blinder (probably allegedly aided and abetted by someone who holds an authoritative position at the club)....He hands his notice in and more or less everything is on and has been on his terms, including his pursuit of his outdoor pursuits....Stu must have gifted the current board balaclavas to wear back to front...so therefore pulling the wool over their eyes....I can't imagine any (top 26) pro-football club - or any major business for that matter after our current downward spiral allowing someone like him to call the shots....Well it is what it is....I'm curious to see where next he'll weave his magic....

• Like 1

On 28/10/2023 at 00:06, chicken said:

It does if you gather all the info in. Knapper starts in November, by which time he has a month to meet with the head coach and recruitment team, run his rule over players being lined up, cross some off the list and gets scouts out looking at potential new targets.

That's before getting to grips with the club at large and all it entails.

I actually think the suggestion that Webber going at the end of or after this window to take the fall for anything that goes wrong in it, or has to be done that will upset some/all of the fans makes sense.

Knapper would not then shoulder any responsibility for this season whilst also focusing on the summer with time to focus scouts and recruitment on his vision.

I hope he brings some scouting info with him.

I can see this POV but it does kind of raise the question- what is the point of Neil Adams?

You'd think in his role he'd have been invovled in all these areas and be able to help walk Knapper through everything, rather than having two concurrent SD's which can muddy the waters. 

• Like 1

But the over-riding consideration of Smith and Jones was to keep darling Stu here for as long as possible and the nonsensical idea of needing a handover period with Knapper was the best they could come up with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I can see this POV but it does kind of raise the question- what is the point of Neil Adams?

You'd think in his role he'd have been invovled in all these areas and be able to help walk Knapper through everything, rather than having two concurrent SD's which can muddy the waters. 

EXACTLY this. What is the point of Neil Adams , its an utter nonsense this soap Opera with Webber . No need for him to be here . It's a complete and utterly negative reality having this bad smell hanging around. Get him gone now.  A fùçķing joke 

As I said in another thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if Attanassio is wanting Webber about during this transition period. He seemed a big fan at the time without being prompted to talk about him (and Zoe, to be fair).

It interests me that it's obviously all Delia and Michael and couldn't possibly be MA also wanting Webber around.

Edited by hogesar

As he’s being paid for the full 12 month rolling contract, it makes little difference to finances, but with his partners connection he’s been kept on to carry on the job, his focus went three years ago when he came out with that 90% ****, and in reality the club’s performance and financial drain shows he’s not even giving it 90%.

This was a cost saving by not replacing a failing SD with a new one which has really backfired by allowing this unmotivated and not focused individual the freedom to sell the players we have and get in the Home Guard over the summer! It’s terrible and I hope that MA wasn’t part of this thinking as it doesn’t bode well if he was OK with this process! This has all the hallmarks of the old majority shareholders who kept Doncaster far too long when he went to a girls aloud concert on the transfer deadline day! Webber should have gone when he handed his notice in, if not then by May! End of the season, his criticism of McNally is laughable now, his only legacy is having improved Conley using fans money and the new Swimming pool, so that’s a great CV for a manager of a leisure centre!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I hope that MA wasn’t part of this thinking as it doesn’t bode well if he was OK with this process!

Well, at least he can treat this period as a lesson on how not to do things! Hopefully ....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As I said in another thread, it really wouldn't surprise me if Attanassio is wanting Webber about during this transition period. He seemed a big fan at the time without being prompted to talk about him (and Zoe, to be fair).

It interests me that it's obviously all Delia and Michael and couldn't possibly be MA also wanting Webber around.

I don't think its a unreasonable conclusion though. We've got Webber on record saying Delia and Michael begged him to stay, we've got Delia and Michael on record saying how they were devestated when he told them he wanted to leave and that they've never worked with such a talent etc etc.

So, sure maybe MA wants him around but based on the above quotes it isn't a great reach to assume it is driven by Smith/Wynn Jones.

Just now, king canary said:

I don't think its a unreasonable conclusion though. We've got Webber on record saying Delia and Michael begged him to stay, we've got Delia and Michael on record saying how they were devestated when he told them he wanted to leave and that they've never worked with such a talent etc etc.

So, sure maybe MA wants him around but based on the above quotes it isn't a great reach to assume it is driven by Smith/Wynn Jones.

It's not unreasonable to think that Delia and Michael want him to stay. I fully accept and believe that's likely.

But I also believe MA is of the same opinion which is why it's been allowed to continue down this road...

Webber has improved the club, no two ways about it. If he upped and left, who would explain all the good work he has done? Delia? It makes sense he’s staying until the new chap is in the door

13 hours ago, king canary said:

Yup, but then you could also say why wasn't Webber told to leave in March and let Neil Adams care-taker it until we brought a permanent person in?

Reconsidering it, it could be that Adams beds him in, shows him about whilst Webber signs off on the January dealings with Knapper having a watching brief, too late to come in and have a direct impact unless he has a player or two at Arsenal he can bring in.

Again, I think they'll want him to avoid any backlash to this season. Put that all on Webber and he leaves taking it with him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Webber has improved the club, no two ways about it. If he upped and left, who would explain all the good work he has done? Delia? It makes sense he’s staying until the new chap is in the door

So what's improved ? 

5 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

So what's improved ? 

The training facilities, youth production, kit designs etc. it’s just on the pitch we haven’t and the lack of money isn’t Webbers fault

11 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The training facilities, youth production, kit designs etc. it’s just on the pitch we haven’t and the lack of money isn’t Webbers fault

'Just on the pitch?' Isn't that the whole point of a football club?

The problem with the argument about lack of money is that Webber generally recruited fairly well, at least in his early days, when he had little money. It's when he's had reasonable amounts to spend that he's spaffed it up the proverbial wall.

I also notice you don't mention the relationship with the fans or the local media.