stewfil

Can anyone catch Leicester and Ipswich

I'd say Leeds are probably the best bet

I thought last seasons Championship was weak but I wonder whether this is shaping up to be weaker

The fact that these 2 are already pulling away whilst we ,despite losing 4 and drawing 2 out of 11 are still 7th lead me to believe that had Sargent and Barnes had stayed fit , we may even have had a chance of 2nd

• Like 1

Plenty of time for that lot down the road to struggle but pretty certain that Leicester will take one of the automatic 1st or 2nd  places.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many games left? 39? 38?

35 and yes of course there’s a massive chance with injuries and suspensions both teams will hit a poor patch.

I also both Leeds & Southampton and maybe Boro will catch the binners by January. My three to go up, Leeds, Leicester & Boro.

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

35 and yes of course there’s a massive chance with injuries and suspensions both teams will hit a poor patch.

I also both Leeds & Southampton and maybe Boro will catch the binners by January. My three to go up, Leeds, Leicester & Boro.

Boro and Coventry to improve for me and shoot up the table. Both such slow starters last season too but both have quality at this level. 

Trouble is Leeds and Southampton have been inconsistent whereas Leicester and Ipswich don't look like losing, at the moment. Us beating Leeds will possibly help both of them, there's a thought!

There's a long way to go yet but I agree with the view that the standard of the league is getting well poor. 

The Foxes will be insurmountable and they also have quality strength in depth...Ipswing may slip if injuries and suspensions take hold....I think Middlesbrough will be a dark horse and may make the top two....Leeds if they continue to grow in confidence will be in the top 4.....

I really couldn't say where we'll be come May....but I'm pretty confident it won't be in the automatic promotion slots.... 

Like Fenway said above, no team has gotten this amount of points at this stage and not been promoted so I don't think it's an insane question.

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Are there any fans who still think Ipswich will struggle this season, due to the ‘huge’ gulf between League One and the Champs? There were an awful lot in the summer… 

A grand total of 0 now. 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many games left? 39? 38?

The OP literally said 8 words, and 5 of them was this.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

The OP literally said 8 words, and 5 of them was this.

You expect me to read a post? I just go by title. Like the news, who needs to read the story just go by headline line

A stopped clock is right twice a day. Or 730 times a year. Or 7,300 times a decade.

Some of the prophets of doom have been soothsaying about this binner revenge for nearly a decade since we were relegated in 2014.

They may be right eventually but you'd be better overall to stick with the stopped clock...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

A stopped clock is right twice a day. Or 730 times a year. Or 7,300 times a decade.

Some of the prophets of doom have been soothsaying about this binner revenge for nearly a decade since we were relegated in 2014.

They may be right eventually but you'd be better overall to stick with the stopped clock...

Duracells are in, good luck everyone. 

Already it would be the most spectacular cöck up in EPL history if the scum failed 
They are up . 4/5 odds on with bookies. 

What a nightmare. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Duracells are in, good luck everyone. 

You can put whatever you like in. If the clock's ducked it's ducked. But still right more often than the binner soothsayers.

• Haha 1

People always get sucked into this kind of thing when a team(s) make a good start in the Championship. The season is only just over a quarter of the way through. 

14 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Are there any fans who still think Ipswich will struggle this season, due to the ‘huge’ gulf between League One and the Champs? There were an awful lot in the summer… 

They're certainly proving a lot of people wrong, myself included.

There is still a long way to go though and each of their League One seasons they were top at this stage but fell away in all but the last one, so those revelling in bin-tinted glory should just wait and see before declaring Ipswich the model of success. They might do it, but they might not.

November and December sees a pretty tough set of fixtures for the Binners playing virtually all of the top 6 and ourselves.

They've had it fairly easy so far. Now the real games start.

Binners will get 100 points and 100 goals. At the very least. And some of the contributors on this thread will have an erection ‘til doomsday…

22 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

No team that has had 27 points or more after 11 games has failed to be promoted, let's hope that lot make a new record

That is certainly what I’m hoping for. A record breaking capitulation from the binners would be fabulous! They did start their first two League One seasons if not the first three v well and then fell away as others have said. They didn’t even make the play offs on those occasions either. 

How nice would it be with Sargent and Barnes returning we scrape a sixth place at their expense, or am I deluded or at best clutching at straws? 

BB did make some interesting points re the league in general on his YT channel. 

7 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

They're certainly proving a lot of people wrong, myself included.

There is still a long way to go though and each of their League One seasons they were top at this stage but fell away in all but the last one, so those revelling in bin-tinted glory should just wait and see before declaring Ipswich the model of success. They might do it, but they might not.

Are we sure we’ve covered every base? 😉

They could lose 4 in a row and still be top 2, which isn’t going to happen. They’re miles ahead currently. 

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

November and December sees a pretty tough set of fixtures for the Binners playing virtually all of the top 6 and ourselves.

They've had it fairly easy so far. Now the real games start.

They are tasty fixtures indeed. If they come through that spell with over 1.5 points a game the Play-Offs as a minimum should be guaranteed.