cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Having just come on after coming home from the gym, did we cough up possession cheaply in a dangerous area then get dry-humped up the chutney channel to concede?

How did you guess??

8 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I was there when srbeny scored in the premier League 

Everton away? Me too.

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

How did you guess??

Probably the bit where I nearly wiped out the emergency stop button on the treadmill by mistake.

4 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Kenny is having a good game.

Not unusual.

Really interesting to follow the match thread, I never normally do.

From comparisons to how this squad is as bad as Roeder era, to watching Duffy individually concede another goal from a stupid mistake (6 this season after a couple vs Plymouth) and he gets a free pass whilst Gibson gets stick if he doesn't dribble past 8 players and score.

Weird place. Probably won't come back here often 😅

Idah for Hwang please. We're getting in some decent positions but we need a striker on.

Game could go either way and we're not looking a top 6 team by any stretch of the imagination.

We've actually been really good, apart from the end product. Loads of openings, just not quite the quality to create the big chances. If only we'd signed a decent striker... 

• Like 1

Well after the first 10 minutes or so I'll take that.

We look so brittle at the back...but also look like we can score.

More goals to come. 3-3 with Hwang getting his first goal for the club... 🤪

OTBC

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Not unusual.

From comparisons to how this squad is as bad as Roeder era, to watching Duffy individually concede another goal from a stupid mistake (6 this season after a couple vs Plymouth) and he gets a free pass whilst Gibson gets stick if he doesn't dribble past 8 players and score.

👍👋

• Like 1

Such a shame Rowe didn't/couldn't square to Hwang.  Crazy thing is that when we scored we make it look quite simple, but it's those fine margins where we're making poor decisions that cost us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

We've actually been really good, apart from the end product. Loads of openings, just not quite the quality to create the big chances. If only we'd signed a decent striker... 

Thank goodness for that. Only watched from about minutes 5-30, but thought I was watching a different game reading this thread. Think we've been fine, certainly the better side. Look a bit disjointed up front but given the personnel, that's hardly a surprise.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not unusual.

I'm siding with your opinion of Duffy and Gibson, although you're a bit damning of "colleagues" on here. I'm afraid given what resource we currently have, we are going to have to accept the big errors from them from time to time

We just have to hope others are having a good game to cover for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowfuture said:

Think we will win this. Why the drama?

Personally, I look at our side and I worry.. it looks patched up and unbalanced without a clear style. I worry about Wagners team selection, and use of subs. I’m questioning his tactical ability. 

I’m usually quite level headed about these things, but struggling to remain rational this year. Those lot down the road aren’t helping.

Given the above, as soon as we concede a goal I immediately turn into the proverbial pink un pant wetter. Hopefully I grow out of it. 

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Such a shame Rowe didn't/couldn't square to Hwang.  Crazy thing is that when we scored we make it look quite simple, but it's those fine margins where we're making poor decisions that cost us.

He’s decision making is not great. Still lots to learn.

Quite funny reading the absolute meltdown on here because we conceded a goal. It happens, we were slow to get started and it was a very poor one to concede - but it was one goal after less than three minutes. Grow a pair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not unusual.

Fair enough. I love it personally. A mix of the sad, the bad and the down right mad.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 😋

OTBC

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It would be nice to be able to drop both.

Been solid all season . About time folks here got off his back.  Only below par game Plymouth but even then was the pick of the defence . All the nailed on errors from Duffy who has inevitably been rusty due to lack of games. Happy with that back pairing . About time folks on these pages stopped scapegoating . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Branston said:

About time folks on these pages stopped scapegoating .

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Right time to settle to Duffy/Gibson debate...

They're both ****, you're welcome 👍

that went well

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Duffy has improved us defensively. Gibson is passive and barely effective. You suggest he’s on form this season?

What games have you been watching . Gibson solid all season . All the big errors down to Duffy . 

• Like 1

Well, that lasted - one minute without scapegoating. Pink Un pant-wetting record, surely? 😄

3 minutes ago, Branston said:

About time folks on these pages stopped scapegoating

Just now, Branston said:

All the big errors down to Duffy

Urrrmmm...? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Quite funny reading the absolute meltdown on here because we conceded a goal. It happens, we were slow to get started and it was a very poor one to concede - but it was one goal after less than three minutes. Grow a pair.

Thanks Dad! 🥰

Come on now Nuff! What's your score prediction for the 2nd half? Grow a pairrrrrrrrrrrrr!

OTBC

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Are you saying hwang is not decent ...

2 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Are you saying hwang is not decent ...

Yes. Yes I am.