Sign in to follow this  
Discobolus

Webber replacement

Havent seen any news on Webber's replacement recently unless i have missed it, anything happening, as usual with Norwich everything is very long winded.

19 minutes ago, Discobolus said:

Havent seen any news on Webber's replacement recently unless i have missed it, anything happening, as usual with Norwich everything is very long winded.

I imagine it has been agreed or the short list has been whittled down further. Will take time to be announced and has to be inline with what has been agreed with Webber as well. 

26 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Will take time to be announced and has to be inline with what has been agreed with Webber as well. 

' In line with what has been agreed with Webber ' the man resigned for goodness sake so he should be leaving under our terms not his.

• Like 2

Just now, canarycop said:

Enlighten me please on tonight's result  shefcanary ?

The result of the Rule 9 Waiver shareholder vote, plus a few others, will be announced at the club's General Meeting tonight - kick off 6pm. We'll be refreshing the club's X feed regularly for the result as no press invited. If things do not go the way the Board expect it might delay other announcements, planned or not.

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

' In line with what has been agreed with Webber ' the man resigned for goodness sake so he should be leaving under our terms not his.

Tail wagging the Dog 

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

With what has been agreed with Webber and the club. The wider needs need to be considered rather than people thinking the onus is on Webber.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

He is isn’t he? 12 months notice given in March. If we decide to let him go early it will be under our terms . 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not as though it's hugely significant but I saw Rob Newman leaving the City Stand after the Leicester game.

Connor Southwell ruled out Newman and also Leigh Bromby in the pink'un Q&A this afternoon. Here is his response to a question on whether it was Newman:

Hi Dave. Thank you very much. We're getting there, is the answer. It won't be Rob Newman, who I've seen mentioned in various places. He isn't on their shortlist of candidates. You can also put a line through Leigh Bromby, who has been mentioned in other spaces. They are getting closer and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some movement on that front pretty soon. Still a few bits and bobs to work out, though. But they've identified their final candidates and are working towards an appointment soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Connor Southwell ruled out Newman and also Leigh Bromby in the pink'un Q&A this afternoon. Here is his response to a question on whether it was Newman:

Hi Dave. Thank you very much. We're getting there, is the answer. It won't be Rob Newman, who I've seen mentioned in various places. He isn't on their shortlist of candidates. You can also put a line through Leigh Bromby, who has been mentioned in other spaces. They are getting closer and it wouldn't surprise me if we saw some movement on that front pretty soon. Still a few bits and bobs to work out, though. But they've identified their final candidates and are working towards an appointment soon.

Connor also mentioned club confident vote will pass tonight 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Connor also mentioned club confident vote will pass tonight 

What I saw was this, which talks about what shareholders are thinking rather than any prediction from the club:

"Having spoken to numerous shareholders, the mood seems to be positive that it will pass."

And if the club has any sense, which hasn't always ben evident during this process, it would probably steer well clear of any comments about how the vote might go.

You can see it now....."We've scoured the four corners of Europe for a replacement for Mr Webber....and eureka, as the answer was right here on our doorstep!"...."Canary supporters everywhere, please welcome our new DoF....our very own Neil Adams!".....

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Imagine the club may want Webber to oversee the January window before moving on?

Also would we have to wait for the notice period of whoever comes in? Imagine the posts on here if that was 12 months as well! 😂

• Haha 1

Webber is already working off his notice until March?

If there is a notice period for his successor then we could have a spell where we have no DoF otherthan Adams.

Reading some of the stuff on the MA thread I'm more concerned about the state of the club he's leaving it in tbh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sean said:

Nick Cox, head of man utds academy is one of two candidates

Has credentials for sure, but would seem an appointment very much focused on utilising the academy and less on external transfer markets? 

In Webbers hay day, we balanced both to excellent effect. 

On 02/10/2023 at 15:38, PurpleCanary said:

What I saw was this, which talks about what shareholders are thinking rather than any prediction from the club:

"Having spoken to numerous shareholders, the mood seems to be positive that it will pass."

And if the club has any sense, which hasn't always ben evident during this process, it would probably steer well clear of any comments about how the vote might go.

Naughty to say the least. The whole process has been a shambles. 

Cox would be an interesting appointment in view of his relative lack of experience in anything otherthan developing young players.

If I'm honest I'm struggling with what the role entails and how the club transitions from Webber to a new Dof amidst the backdrop of a new owner in the background with someone like Cox appointed.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful but it's not what I was expecting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cox would be an interesting appointment in view of his relative lack of experience in anything otherthan developing young players.

If I'm honest I'm struggling with what the role entails and how the club transitions from Webber to a new Dof amidst the backdrop of a new owner in the background with someone like Cox appointed.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful but it's not what I was expecting.

In the interview in the link it says he did just about every job at Watford. He is on LinkedIn so if anyone is on that forum it would be good to know what he has to say about himself. 

I'm like you though, I don't know what the structure is or what we're looking for. But I am pretty certain that we wouldn't be looking for someone to do football and finance. 

On 02/10/2023 at 19:22, Mello Yello said:

You can see it now....."We've scoured the four corners of Europe for a replacement for Mr Webber....and eureka, as the answer was right here on our doorstep!"...."Canary supporters everywhere, please welcome our new DoF....our very own Neil Adams!".....

Or better still Mrs. Webber.

On 02/10/2023 at 18:22, Mello Yello said:

Haha. Nothing would surprise me but I think Zoe did say it would be an outside appointment. Some people are better at being number two, maybe Adams prefers that role.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

In the interview in the link it says he did just about every job at Watford. He is on LinkedIn so if anyone is on that forum it would be good to know what he has to say about himself. 

I'm like you though, I don't know what the structure is or what we're looking for. But I am pretty certain that we wouldn't be looking for someone to do football and finance. 

That interview is about his job as academy chief, so he is going to stress his experience of working with young players. It doesn't mean he can't cope with the much broader role of DoF. It won't be Adams and apparently not Newman either.

• Like 1