So what are your thoughts? Make changes?  I think I'd be going... 

Long 

Fisher.           Warner.        Gibson  Mccallum

Forshaw(45mins).         Gibbs 

Springett.                Onel.                Placheta 

Hwang 

Subs: Mckracken, adeboyega, Duffy, mclean, Lima, Rowe, Ogwuru, Aboh, Idah 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

For me, no point playing Onel there. He needs to be on one of the wings. 

Ogwuru or Aboh up front to see if they could possibly play that role in the game on Saturday.

No Hwang, but this won't happen because Webber has wasted about a million on him, so he'll start in an attempt to protect our Supreme Leader's reputation.

Dont think we should even let travel anyone who will be in the 1st xi for Birmingham as it basically distrupts 2 days of training...and they need every minute at Colney after yesterday

Given Baath is cup tied and may get a chance ahead of Gibson for B'rum , i'll go  ..(Sainz 45 mins)

Long

Fisher Warner Gibson McCallum

Gibbs    Lima

Sainz/Springett   Hernandez Placheta

Hwang

...leaving the XI for Birmingham as

Gunn

Stacey    Duffy   Baath  Giannoulis

Forshaw    McLean

Fassnacht     Sara      Rowe

Idah

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 4

GK. Long

RCB. Adegboyega

CB. Duffy

LCB. McCallum

RWB. Fisher

LWB. Placheta

CM. Forshaw

CM. Gibbs

AM. Sara

ST. Sainz

ST. Idah

Subs: Barden, Gibson, Giannoulis, Lima, Forsyth, Springett, Rowe, Hernandez, Hwang

14 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So what are your thoughts? Make changes?  I think I'd be going... 

Long 

Fisher.           Warner.        Gibson  Mccallum

Forshaw(45mins).         Gibbs 

Springett.                Onel.                Placheta 

Hwang 

Subs: Mckracken, adeboyega, Duffy, mclean, Lima, Rowe, Ogwuru, Aboh, Idah 

A good hiding will do everyone so much good....... not!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Hwang should be sent back to Forest, absolute garbage

Slightly premature but nevertheless it seems there are quite few who would opt for that were it possible.

As we apparently have him locked for the season it is in our own interests not to be critical and wish the player well.

We needed a Mbokani (I liked old Dieumerci) we got an Hwang.

The former would have been perfect, the latter clearly needs time to shine Hopefully? Fingers crossed? Wishful thinking?

It does seem that our team is to be primed for a blistering run-in in the second half of this season what with stalwarts coming back from significant lay-offs, players getting acclimatised and youngsters coming through. Good old Stuart, always thinking of the future. Hopefully? Fingers crossed? Wishful thinking?

I advocate going ultra defensive and long ball 'til then. Forget all this slow messing around in midfield. Up and under should be the order of the day.. Get it up 'em. 😉😉

Edited by BroadstairsR

39 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

A good hiding will do everyone so much good....... not!!!!!!!!!!

Making everyone who we want to get a response from against Birmingham play yet another midweek game that is meaningless will do so much good.... not!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

We're likely to make about 6 changes but not a complete starting XI. It will be against Fulham reserves so hopefully that rules out another 6 goal drenching.

I'd be starting Hwang and basically flog him to death until we see some semblance of a professional footballer.

If you look at our regular non starters/bench, the team pretty much picks itself really. Hopefully Sainz will also be involved.

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Hwang should be sent back to Forest, absolute garbage

I see people are still on the fence about him.

On 25/09/2023 at 10:06, Ulfotto said:

Well, we need a scapegoat apparently, and Kenny doesn’t seem to fit the role any more, so it appears a guy who has played barely one game for us will do.

Basically pick a team who are not playing on Saturday or ones that "might" get a game then if they perform. Sainz in for a run out, Hwang because he clearly needs game time, with a u21 forward and idah on the bench. Long in just for game time, Gibson on so he doesn't play saturday.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2023 at 10:06, Ulfotto said:

Lol.

I find it amusing that people can see him play for circa 100 mins and know he is garbage. He might well be, but give him a chance FFS.

Admittedly, football is completely different to a ‘normal’ profession, but imagine if you went to a new job and your performance assessed after 100 mins…a review on whether you were fully up to speed with all systems and processes!!

Laughable 

1 minute ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Lol.

I find it amusing that people can see him play for circa 100 mins and know he is garbage. He might well be, but give him a chance FFS.

Admittedly, football is completely different to a ‘normal’ profession, but imagine if you went to a new job and your performance assessed after 100 mins…a review on whether you were fully up to speed with all systems and processes!!

Laughable 

It is for sure, but the manager led us to believe that he was an ample replacement for Action Man Sargent and he clearly isn't. It wouldn't take 100 minutes or even 50 minutes of playing time to assess that wild claim.

I personally think that the player will eventually earn his corn at Carrow Road, but Josh Sargent he 'aint.

Tonight will reveal more. In the meantime, the naivety of the manager in assuming we could keep up with Sargent style football without the man himself is quite disturbing.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It is for sure, but the manager led us to believe that he was an ample replacement for Action Man Sargent and he clearly isn't. It wouldn't take 100 minutes or even 50 minutes of playing time to assess that wild claim.

I personally think that the player will eventually earn his corn at Carrow Road, but Josh Sargent he 'aint.

Tonight will reveal more. In the meantime, the naivety of the manager in assuming we could keep up with Sargent style football without the man himself is quite disturbing.

What was your verdict on Sargent after 50 mins?

Personally I thought he looked like he’d never played football before. 

9 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

What was your verdict on Sargent after 50 mins?

Personally I thought he looked like he’d never played football before. 

That he would become a fan's favourite in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Hahahaha

So you’re saying that after we signed him for £8mill, to play in the EPL, that was your instinctive reaction?

Have a day off. 

Take a joke fella.

While you're at it, take a year off.

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Take a joke fella.

While you're at it, take a year off.

Nice deflection - I’m glad you can see that your first post was verging on ridiculous.

As I said in my first post, he might well turn out to be a dud, but judging him based on 3 cameo appearances is comical.

Edited by zema abbey football genius

20 minutes ago, zema abbey football genius said:

Nice deflection - I’m glad you can see that your first post was verging on ridiculous.

As I said in my first post, he might well turn out to be a dud, but judging him based on 3 cameo appearances is comical.

Is that so?

I take it then that you agree with the manager who seems to think that the team can replicate its early season performances with Hwang replacing Sargent. That was my point ... which you seem to have totally missed.

When I stated that I thought that the Korean would eventually earn his corn at Carrow Road it was really based upon his pedigree and the fact that Forest considered this sufficiently enhanced in order to fork out the best part of £4m for him to perform at Premier League level.

It is, of course far too premature to assess what the player's true worth to City will be for the whole season but still not too early to 'judge' that Josh Sargent he 'aint. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Is that so?

I take it then that you agree with the manager who seems to think that the team can replicate its early season performances with Hwang replacing Sargent. That was my point ... which you seem to have totally missed.

When I stated that I thought that the Korean would eventually earn his corn at Carrow Road it was really based upon his pedigree and the fact that Forest considered this sufficiently enhanced in order to fork out the best part of £4m for him to perform at Premier League level.

It is, of course far too premature to assess what the player's true worth to City will be for the whole season but still not too early to 'judge' that Josh Sargent he 'aint. 

Who knows, is my honest answer.

My gripe was people suggesting he is garbage. I’m not disputing that he is not Sargent mark 2, he is clearly a different kind of player.

It is worth pointing out that Sargent was playing with Barnes…who, I’m sure you will agree, offers a lot more in terms of support play, than Idah. 

His goal scoring record for Bordeaux was not prolific, but was pretty decent - so clearly has something to offer. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Why is Birmingham Saturday so important?     Are fans worried we might not get promoted?  

Just curious! 

Promoted with this lot, you must be joking