dylanisabaddog

Tuesday night football

17.45  Milan v Newcastle 

19.45 Soton v Ipswich 

20.00 Sheff Wed v Boro

I think all the other Championship games are on red button and there are other European games which are of little interest. 

In the FA Cup Wroxham are at home and in the Ridgeons League Mulbarton are playing Fakenham. 

I'm watching Newcastle then down the road to see the mighty Mullies (Pride of Norfolk) 

26 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Surprised that Murphy is starting over Barnes.

Probably a slightly defensive move in an away leg.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Looking at Milans squad is like a "ohhh I remember him" guide. Remember when Loftus-Cheek was deemed a future super star and wonderkid? And now he's almost 28 how time flies

I was already feeling old! thanks for that CC! 

• Haha 1

Be nice if we put a clause that seemed so ludicrous at the time that Newcastle just went, lol yeah OK, something like Murphy to start a Champions league game £50 million.

23 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Be nice if we put a clause that seemed so ludicrous at the time that Newcastle just went, lol yeah OK, something like Murphy to start a Champions league game £50 million.

They just wouldn't have started him.

Bristol City 2-0 up after 8 minutes! And Mumba on the bench. He’s not going to make us see what a mistake it was selling him from there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Bristol City 2-0 up after 8 minutes! And Mumba on the bench. He’s not going to make us see what a mistake it was selling him from there.

There was about 4 mins stoppage too, what an awful start.  Odd amount of squad rotation too.

Get the impression Southampton really need to score first. Don't think the fans have bought into Martinball yet, but they're slightly on top.

Martin will be gone if they lose this. i will never ever understand that style of playing out at the back where you do it slowly, walk on the ball and don't have players move infront of the defence. 

it's fine if teams are sitting back against you but against a hard working pressing team it's suicidal unless you're a top class team. We have some nervy moments under Wagner but generally we try to play out quickly and players offer options so there's a purpose to it and if pressed we go long, Martin's Southampton are playing that idealistic Man City-lite way and it's not doing them any favours.  

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

I remember walking away from St Marys thinking what a great result 4-4 was!

The 3-5 it should have been if not for diabolical refereeing would have been better

• Like 1