Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Another day without an MB Athletic article

I write this as a huge MB fan, and think he's the best NCFC journo, but is there anyone who knows:

1) What other areas he's now covering for the Athletic.

2) How often he will attend Norwich games.

3) How often he will produce any kind of content (articles/podcasts) for ncfc, or is it just a 'when I have time' type of thing?

It's been 2 weeks since the last ncfc article (three games have passed since then) and the few pieces produced over the summer were minimal. 

Any info would be great so I can set my expectations!

He’ll pop online in 20mins and share the inner workings of his diary with you.  Get a grip. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

I write this as a huge MB fan, and think he's the best NCFC journo, but is there anyone who knows:

3) How often he will produce any kind of content (articles/podcasts) for ncfc, or is it just a 'when I have time' type of thing?

It's been 2 weeks since the last ncfc article (three games have passed since then) and the few pieces produced over the summer were minimal. 

Screenshot_20230901_102247_X.thumb.jpg.e87f0458342bb2793b27637ff9352bdc.jpg

• Like 1

It’s a massive loss that he’s moving away from NCFC-focused coverage. The main man in terms of news - I think this summer has proven that he is a cut above the rest. The pinkun boys try but they have been almost as unreliable as the rest this summer, no doubt by design due to the lines the club feed them. All is not forgiven in my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Did someone not say a while ago that he was also the Luton correspondent so they will be getting his main focus now...

11 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

MB’s writing is excellent. His video reports are shambolic and amateurish. I stopped watching them this season. Now his writing is only sparingly offered on the Athletic, I have deleted the App.

Bet he’s devastated. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

MB’s writing is excellent. His video reports are shambolic and amateurish. I stopped watching them this season. Now his writing is only sparingly offered on the Athletic, I have deleted the App.

Yes, I only signed up to The Athletic for MB's NCFC pieces-the rest of the stuff on there is of minimal interest especially as, given they are primed for a US audience, its mostly stories about Man Utd, Liverpool...and Wrexham.

So, even at £1 a month, ta ta Athletic. 

Same here, my Athletic subscription will run til November and as it stands I've no intentions to renew it.  Still not tempted to pay the Pink'Un subscription.

Unfortunately my annual subscription renewed at the end of July, before MBs new responsibilities came to light and well before it became apparent just how much the content was going to decrease. Despite my pushiest efforts I've been unable to retrieve a refund so I've gone from advocating the platform to warning people off it.

Not MBs fault, guy's gotta make a living, but it's a massive loss to NCFC fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Same here, my Athletic subscription will run til November and as it stands I've no intentions to renew it.  Still not tempted to pay the Pink'Un subscription.

Ditto. I think I signed up for 12 months for £12 some months ago but I rarely look at it.

All a bit highbrow when I struggle with the drivel on here……( wink )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Very disappointed with MB.I shall cancel my subscription.No Norwich contact,also no otb YouTube contact,every 2weeks he say mm 19 days and counting.Forget it.The pinkiun boys all the way.

I cancelled my subscription when I realised he wasn’t coming up with anything new just recycling stuff already out there 

I cancelled my athletic subs a couple of days ago, same reason (no Norwich stuff). Sad to see his YouTube post-match reports missing too since the St Mary’s game. I find them compelling and definitive, with the amateurish elements all part of the fun.

All down to no promotion last season, purely commercial decision of course. Likewise they will be ok with me leaving … it’s already factored in.

Just like many of our talented players over the years, MB's abilities have been recognised further afield and he has moved on to bigger things. Good luck to him!

(It does mean I will cancel my Athletic sub in consequence though.)

5 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

He's just a drunken p:isshead that think he's the star of the show,he's still more entertaining than paddy davitt though

Err, MB is a genuine, lovely bloke with young children. The fact he has a life outside of writing content about Norwich City doesn't mean he's an alcoholic. 

• Like 1

I really enjoy MB’s content.  He seems to have been struggling since NCFC dropped from the EPL, I suspect that made it difficult for him at focus on NCFC as their is simply not the same commercial appeal for his material - he also seems to be more affected by the breakdown in the relationship between the club and the media than the Pinkun boys who are clearly towing the line currently.

11 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

He's just a drunken p:isshead that think he's the star of the show,he's still more entertaining than paddy davitt though

He, he's really hurt you hasn't he. It's ok, time will heal the pain. 

When you cancel The Athletic (or even if you've never subscribed), you always get offered 12 months for a tenner, which is well worth it for the quality of some of the feature articles and investigative stuff. The trick is to remember to cancel it so it doesn't auto-renew at £60 for a year. I've remembered twice but forgotten once...

17 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

When you cancel The Athletic (or even if you've never subscribed), you always get offered 12 months for a tenner, which is well worth it for the quality of some of the feature articles and investigative stuff. The trick is to remember to cancel it so it doesn't auto-renew at £60 for a year. I've remembered twice but forgotten once...

Same! It auto-renewed at £55 in late July, first time I’ve forgotten. When cancelled it only offered £24 for 12 months, & that was only upon renewal next July.

Combined with next to no Norwich material, and cancellation’s a no-brainer

(Happy to talk about  anything to avoid following the current match)

Yes it’s a top tip do not be afraid to cancel as they email out offers constantly. I have been offered £20 for a year and now £1 a month for 12 months. They are flogging a dead horse as it’s not for me but always cancel and always reject the first offer to return.

Edited by Ulfotto