Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Next round

So which team would you like in the next round. Tuesday night at portaloo road after a days drinking would be ideal 😀

Binners at home after a day of drinking would be even better.

Plod wouldn't know which way to turn if we have to play them midweek.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Knowing our luck its gonna be cardiff away

That suits me.

Ideally though a home tie against EPL opposition would be a reward for beating two teams from our own league on their own middens.

`

Edited by keelansgrandad

Avoid any premier league team with as many of them playing each other as possible.

Peterborough?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Avoid any premier league team with as many of them playing each other as possible.

Peterborough?

Been there, done that.

Salford away would be nice. Another new ground to tick off and a good chance to progress.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

Salford, Sutton or Harrogate away for me as they are the only three clubs in the draw i have yet to visit.

Ipswich. Get it out of the way. They're due a win against us so let's get it out of the way in a meaningless cup game. 

4 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Ipswich. Get it out of the way. They're due a win against us so let's get it out of the way in a meaningless cup game.

Why are they ''due a win against us'' ?

Millwall hadn't won at Carrow Road since the late 60's. Should we have just rolled over and lost, so as to "Get it out of the way." ? 

Every game counts, and I doubt that should we reach the semi finals, or even the final you will dismiss either as just another "meaningless cup game"

A winnable game at home, and we are half way to Wembley.

• Like 1

I just have that bad feeling they're gonna beat us this season. Have since they came up. I'd rather that happened in the cup than the league. It wouldn't matter as much. 

And yes. Compared to the league the cups are meaningless.  As soon as we draw a top half Premier league team we're almost certainly out. 

Just now, The Raptor said:

I just have that bad feeling they're gonna beat us this season. Have since they came up. I'd rather that happened in the cup than the league. It wouldn't matter as much. 

And yes. Compared to the league the cups are meaningless.  As soon as we draw a top half Premier league team we're almost certainly out. 

That's about as idiotic as the bloke on the National lottery saying ball number x has not been out for x weeks so was due an appearance.

If we draw the binners and they win that game it has has NO bearing on a game almost 3 months later, for obvious reasons. And as unusual as it is, I am tempted to agree with young master Cambridge on this won.  As to importance, then home to Leicester is supposedly more important than away to Rotherham.

Should choose to lost to Rotherham. Or should we approach each game wanting to win. Because that is the spirit for the cup and the league...............and our season.

Everyt league game is three points, and every cup game is a step nearer to Wembley.

32 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

The suggestion that a game against the Scum is meaningless sends shivers down my spine.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Everton, then Tommy Cannon ("rock on Tommy!") can score the winning goal. 😉

Everton will get knocked out by Doncaster tonight surely!

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Salford, Sutton or Harrogate away for me as they are the only three clubs in the draw i have yet to visit.

I think Harrogate is out of the question. Currently 8 down to Blackburn.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Everton will get knocked out by Doncaster tonight surely!

And the lottery numbers this weekend are?