Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anybody know how bad it is? Goreham seemed to think it was serious but he walked off alright so..

2 other threads talking about it, try there ?

I predict they post match interview will say its swollen, and will wait until Monday/ Tuesday for a scan and know more then. 

• Like 1

Even just a sprained ankle swells up. Wagner won't know any more than anyone else until it's scanned. 

• Like 1

Hopefully a sprain which would be a few weeks out of action. Ligaments could be a month or two. Was hard to see from the replay exactly what happened but was clearly bad enough to not celebrate in any capacity. 

On a side note how was the keeper not booked for that? If Sarge had missed it would have been a pen so should have been a yellow

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Hopefully a sprain which would be a few weeks out of action. Ligaments could be a month or two. Was hard to see from the replay exactly what happened but was clearly bad enough to not celebrate in any capacity. 

On a side note how was the keeper not booked for that? If Sarge had missed it would have been a pen so should have been a yellow

Because it was obvious that the keeper was trying to get to the ball legitimately.

Well he walked on the pitch at the end in a protective boot. 

You would guess ligament damage. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he isn't out for a few weeks.

The good news is nobody will buy him now and there are still 5 days left of the transfer window to spend the Aarons and Rashica money!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a way to get the injury to...never stopped giving up..getting that ball into the net then crashing down  badly..Sarge is the man.

We all hope its short term but if its serious and months and months of sidelined then it is just so sad for Josh and City, but wish  Josh all the best for a speedy recovery.  Over to you Adam, now youve the chance to stamp your name.

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Because it was obvious that the keeper was trying to get to the ball legitimately.

Game of perspectives I guess. As I look at it, the keeper had almost no chance of actually challenging for the ball and was rather trying to knock Sargent off balance in the hopes he'd miss.

I for one was quite surprised, especially with the firmer hand referees have had with cards this year.

• Like 1

That goal was Holt-esque. I really hope it's not serious. If he's gonna be out for a couple of months we need a striker in on loan, I don't want Barnes playing further forward he's perfect in the role he's playing now and Idah has a history of injuries so if a top PL club wanted to give a promising young striker some game time they might get it here. Fingers crossed though it's just a couple of weeks tops. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Yes but the rules would be a legitimate attempt to get the ball in the box and fouling the player would be a penalty and no card due to the penalty being the punishment. As we scored the referee should have booked the keeper for the foul as a goal was awarded. 

• Like 1

If it was serious, I doubt Sgt would have been allowed out on the pitch after the game, even joining in the hand holding 'hurrah' thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Yes but the rules would be a legitimate attempt to get the ball in the box and fouling the player would be a penalty and no card due to the penalty being the punishment. As we scored the referee should have booked the keeper for the foul as a goal was awarded. 

eh ?

So something that is not a goal, but a chance is not a booking, whereas something that IS a goal is a booking........weird 🤪

5 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

What a way to get the injury to...never stopped giving up..getting that ball into the net then crashing down  badly..Sarge is the man.

We all hope its short term but if its serious and months and months of sidelined then it is just so sad for Josh and City, but wish  Josh all the best for a speedy recovery.  Over to you Adam, now youve the chance to stamp your name.

We look as though we have goals in us from various positions. It will be down to others to step up as well.

We'll need cover bought or loaned in, which in my view we needed anyway, as Idah and Barnes can't play 90 mins of every game.

Just now, RobJames said:

eh ?

So something that is not a goal, but a chance is not a booking, whereas something that IS a goal is a booking........weird 🤪

Yes they changed the rules to stop a "double punishment". In the circumstances of a genuine attempt to play the ball, a foul is a Pen and no card, or if a goal is scored the player should then be booked. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

We look as though we have goals in us from various positions. It will be down to others to step up as well.

We'll need cover bought or loaned in, which in my view we needed anyway, as Idah and Barnes can't play 90 mins of every game.

Idah now has 2 in 4 league games doesn't he? Same as Sargent isn't it?

Barnes also has two now. Rowe has 5.

Others are already chipping in too. 

Rowe could be pushed further forward.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yes they changed the rules to stop a "double punishment". In the circumstances of a genuine attempt to play the ball, a foul is a Pen and no card, or if a goal is scored the player should then be booked. 

How strange, makes no sense

A player one on one with the keeper is pulled down by the keeper. Stays down, but the subsequent penalty is missed - no booking

the same, but the player manages to get up and poke the ball home for a goal - keeper is booked

that's really odd

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

Idah now has 2 in 4 league games doesn't he? Same as Sargent isn't it?

Barnes also has two now. Rowe has 5.

Others are already chipping in too. 

Rowe could be pushed further forward.

I think the 'fluidity' of our play means we can allow players to play where the game takes them, as this is how it now looks to be.

Was impressed with Placheta, great ball control and reminded my of my brother's Jack Russell when let off his lead. Could cover for Gino, and Springett certainly looks to be cover at RB if needed. Which makes me think McCallum could be sold - only a year left on his contract.

At the time I was expecting a possible red for the keeper, but as it was down other end hard to be sure about the challenge. Will watch replay. 

24 minutes ago, RobJames said:

How strange, makes no sense

A player one on one with the keeper is pulled down by the keeper. Stays down, but the subsequent penalty is missed - no booking

the same, but the player manages to get up and poke the ball home for a goal - keeper is booked

that's really odd

The circumstances are different though; the punishment in the first circumstance is a penalty. It's not the refs problem if the penalty is missed the punishment has been given.

In the second circumstance the punishment is a booking as the team scored so no penalty can be awarded. 

55 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Game of perspectives I guess. As I look at it, the keeper had almost no chance of actually challenging for the ball and was rather trying to knock Sargent off balance in the hopes he'd miss.

I for one was quite surprised, especially with the firmer hand referees have had with cards this year.

The keeper was making no attempt on the ball - it was already past him - he was purely pushing Josh in frustration - should have been a yellow at least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wagner dismissed having to go into the market for a striker - whilst Idah deserves his chance we can’t be running the risk of him and/or Barnes getting injured and leaving us short.

young prem league striker on loan till Jan would be preferable to a free transfer striker 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Wagner dismissed having to go into the market for a striker WW- whilst Idah deserves his chance we can’t be running the risk of him and/or Barnes getting injured and leaving us short.

young prem league striker on loan till Jan would be preferable to a free transfer striker 

Dreadful news. Sargent has come to epitomise our current approach.

He's said things like that before, but if Sargent is out for some time then we obviously need re-forcing in the striker area. We did even before today's event, imo.

Idah's big chance I suppose, and he did well today, but he's not the Sarg by any stretch of the imagination.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

Until the swelling goes down and scan done it’s all supposition. I really hope it’s a 6 week non ligament bruising. We really need Sarge back quickly, but Idah was bloody good today and needs to be praised!

48 minutes ago, Tommo said:

Wagner dismissed having to go into the market for a striker - whilst Idah deserves his chance we can’t be running the risk of him and/or Barnes getting injured and leaving us short.

With all due respect to Wagner that's a bit daft thing to say until he knows the severity of the injury.

We can't go for months on just 2 strikers and hope to stay in the top 6.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Dreadful news. Sargent has come to epitomise our current approach.

He's said things like that before, but if Sargent is out for some time then we obviously need re-forcing in the striker area. We did even before today's event, imo.

Idah's big chance I suppose, and he did well today, but he's not the Sarg by any stretch of the imagination.  

this has highlighted the need for another striker if sarge had anything longer than a month out 

i think it could go either way a loan / freebie 

Or do or can we dip into the Transfer kitty from the money Aarons Rashica transfers ,

if we sign someone will they get much game time once Sarge is fit ? i doubt it 

will anyone loan us someone with Barnes idah and Sarge they will not get much game time ,i doubt it 

do we leave it give Idah the gig and maybe use a wide man ?

tough decision