Terminally Yellow

So I was wrong (Adam Forshaw signs)

Out of absolutely nowhere?!

other than his bad injury set back, I’ll take it though. He’d be a prem player but for them anyway.

Will have to manage his game time but a perfect guy to have on the bench to bring on to settle a game and to mentor the younger centre mids. Exactly what we were lacking.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

other than his bad injury set back, I’ll take it though. He’d be a prem player but for them anyway.

Will have to manage his game time but a perfect guy to have on the bench to bring on to settle a game and to mentor the younger centre mids. Exactly what we were lacking.

Leeds fans already crying about "well done you've signed someone who's spending his time with you playing one or two games all season and the rest in hospital" 🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Exactly this TJ. We may well play a certain way to lead in a game, but that doesn't mean we can't bring on somebody like Forshaw to see it out.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Exactly this TJ. We may well play a certain way to lead in a game, but that doesn't mean we can't bring on somebody like Forshaw to see it out.

Very much feels like a "older experienced head for the dressing room" kind of signing and given he's a free transfer you can't complan

• Like 1

Good work.

Forshaw was set to leave them at the end of last season-then there was talk about him staying after all-now he has left. And signed for us.

Farke must have said a few nice words about us.

Good as a aquad filler with skills we dont necessaily have, experienced on a free, has that Ben Pearson vibe, happy to put foot in but not much quality.  used to sitting on the bench.   A final 10 mins close down game signing.  

Would be concerned if it was a preemptive signing, eg departure of kenny or gibbs or indicator that lungis injury is more serious than expected.

Another elder statesman which might not be a bad thing. The policy seems to be working do far. Seems a good character with defensive qualities.

For the most part this window has involved recruiting a host of youngsters from far and wide and quite a few older players with decent experience at the top table.

Like I said, it's working so far.

• Like 1

But but but I was told in no uncertain terms we don't need a CDM and signing one would lose us points vs Southampton or some nonsense like that ....

Leeds mate just text me, "he's decent if fit but has been injured for most of the last 2 seasons "..sounds perfect :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Another elder statesman which might not be a bad thing. The policy seems to be working do far. Seems a good character with defensive qualities.

For the most part this window has involved recruiting a host of youngsters from far and wide and quite a few older players with decent experience at the top table.

Interestingly he mentions in the interview he knows Duffy and Gibson so I imagine that combined with Farke convinced him to come to us.

Connections, we are making them

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

It makes a lot more sense, squad seems much more balanced.

The worry with these guys is always you get another Naismith, but there’s plenty of life left in these guys and their experience is amazing for Championship football…if you choose the ones with the right character.

We’ve had some great 30+ signings in the past.

This has potential to be a really good signing if he stays fit.

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Leeds fans already crying about "well done you've signed someone who's spending his time with you playing one or two games all season and the rest in hospital"

They’ve got Sam Byram, just saying!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Clever signing. Plenty of experience. Quality player. Ideal for seeing a game out. But also importantly, he won't be expecting to start so won't be throwing toys out of the pram when not in the first eleven. 

Makes sense on a one year deal. He's a solid midfielder, more of the 'experienced and shouty' brigade. Fitness not ideal but he's not here to start every week.

Fair play for saying you were wrong too @Terminally Yellow

19 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Good as a aquad filler with skills we dont necessaily have, experienced on a free, has that Ben Pearson vibe, happy to put foot in but not much quality.  used to sitting on the bench.   A final 10 mins close down game signing.  

Would be concerned if it was a preemptive signing, eg departure of kenny or gibbs or indicator that lungis injury is more serious than expected.

As someone who isn't a huge fan of Sorensen, I'd be happy for us to shift him. 

He's now our sixth choice in central midfield, third choice at right back and possibly even fourth choice at left back. 

50 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As someone who isn't a huge fan of Sorensen, I'd be happy for us to shift him. 

He's now our sixth choice in central midfield, third choice at right back and possibly even fourth choice at left back. 

Sorensen can cover at full back as well so a useful player to have in the squad. Maybe ship McCallum  out on loan or sell?  

11 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Worryingly not learned our lesson from Hayden then! 

It's all about calculable risk, isn't it?

Like Hayden, Forshaw offers the sort of experience and talent that genuinely adds to the squad we have. Like Hayden, if it doesn't work out, he's gone at the end of the season. 

Unlike Hayden, we have a player in McLean who has shown himself capable of playing in that defensive midfielder position. Our plans aren't pinned on Forshaw like Dean Smith pinned his plans around Hayden.

As many have said - this appears to be more of a squad option. It would be daft to replace McLean and even worse to replace Sara. But as someone who might be able to offer something different? Another experienced voice? Someone who can really help Gibbs come along? This seems a sensible move. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow