Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

MOTM Today...

Yes, I know it's picked by clueless corporate airheads and I have nothing against Sarge but amongst the genuine contenders today there was just one for me...outstanding from minute 1 to minute 97...

Sara.

Ran the show today.

We have to resist all offers for him if we are serious about this season.

• Like 3

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Yes, I know it's picked by clueless corporate airheads and I have nothing against Sarge but amongst the genuine contenders today there was just one for me...outstanding from minute 1 to minute 97...

Sara.

Ran the show today.

We have to resist all offers for him if we are serious about this season.

He's starting to look like a cheat-code at this level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought Kenny was outstanding.

Leeds can do one.

Yes! I said the same to my mate. Now he has handed over the 'frantic clapping to gee up his team mates' duties to Barnes he is looking like the player we missed last season again

No poor performances but sara was head and shoulders above everyone else for me, 3 champs games 3 potm match performances.   He is covering every position defending well and involved in just about every goal.

2 minutes ago, ZLF said:

No poor performances but sara was head and shoulders above everyone else for me, 3 champs games 3 potm match performances.   He is covering every position defending well and involved in just about every goal.

Please keep that quiet mate - lets not draw unnecessary attention 

If any scouts are reading this thread, we were lucky to win, everyone was bang average and Sara.... well he can't shoot the skin off a rice pudding. Don't watch our games, but you might like the manager 40 miles south. He might be up for a step up.

(Worth a try, right?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurwellCanary said:

Please keep that quiet mate - lets not draw unnecessary attention 

I think they know...

11 days and counting.

And yes, sarge showed why 20m isn't a ludicrous valuation at all in a side built around crosses

Edited by ZLF
  • Like 1

Individuals worthy of laudation obviously queuing behind Sara - but Sargent, Barnes, Kenny & Dimi were all excellent today. 

The most pleasing thing for me though is the way the team is working as a whole. We’re a few tweaks (and additions) from having a very well-oiled machine again. 

• Like 1

Sara MOTM for me for the 3rd league game in a row and he's had some stiff competition from Rowe and Sargent in that time. Barnes and McLean deserve a mention as well, both have been superb this season. I wouldn't sell Sara for any price that any team would be willing to pay, he's the heartbeat of our team and can score and create goals from nothing, that is invaluable. Not to mention how selling him would completely demoralize the players and fans and kill all the momentum we've built up and the positivity around the club. Losing him isn't worth 20m or possibly even 30m when another promotion push looks to be on the table. 

Losing Sargent would also be a massive blow and we couldn't replace what he does for any fee we'd be willing to pay, again I couldn't see any club paying more than 20m for him and I don't think we could get an adequate replacement for the percentage of that fee that we'd be willing to spend. This feels like a pivotal 11 days for the club, lower PL clubs are going to start to panic buy soon and we might be tempted with offers. I wouldn't sell either of them for any price. Keep them and I think with our history of usually getting over the line in a promotion push we might do something special again this year, lose one of them and I could see the momentum we've built up and positive atmosphere quickly fade and find ourselves going backwards. I know we're a selling club and I understand the model but this would just be the worst possible time to sell any of our key players. 

• Like 1

Plenty of options today and certainly Sarg had a good game. Whether Sara was MOTM today is debatable (I would have picked him) but the guy absolutely oozes class in everything he does. 

Sarge, unplayable today, he was everywhere

Close second - Sara 

Close third - Kenny 

Honestly Kenny is a new man, he looked solid directing play when he slipped back in as a 3rd centre back, guy is reborn.

Dimi seems to be loving life atm as well some of his close balls to feet were to die for and he hit a killer last ditch defensive slide tackle as well. Looking like the player we thought we had!

Also Fassnact, his flick to Stacey setting up Barnes was sublime, but the thing is it was maybe the 3rd or 4th time he had done it and pulled it off!

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Thanks 1

Sara was unplayable, how lucky we are to have him..I'm going to enjoy it whilst it lasts

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

If any scouts are reading this thread, we were lucky to win, everyone was bang average and Sara.... well he can't shoot the skin off a rice pudding. Don't watch our games, but you might like the manager 40 miles south. He might be up for a step up.

(Worth a try, right?)

Yeah because scouts are on here all the time aren't they !

1 minute ago, Canary dwarf said:

Hence the words "if any". 😉 

18 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

It's the sole reason why Pep hasn't signed Kenny yet - at the beginning of last season sacks of Middle Eastern oil lucre had been earmarked by the board and a transfer agreed until alarm bells were rung when they checked on here to find out that sections of the Pinkun faithful were arguing over who got to drive him up for his medical...

Hasn't pursued the interest since as the Pinkun valuation has increased from 'Drive him there myself' to 'Webber can't let him go for any money' so he has converted John Stones to the 'Kenny' role instead as the cheaper option.

• Haha 1

What signings Sara and Sargent are becoming. Excellent value for money. Our terrific recruitment knows no bounds..