Ashwood

Will our game on Sunday go ahead ?

It could be England’s men in a World Cup final. I’d still be at Carrow Road watching city. Those who say otherwise and are prepared to miss going to the game for a woman’s match make me question whether any of their opinions on our club are worth listening to. 
Green and yellow runs in real fans blood. 

Good luck to the England woman’s team. I’ll watch the highlights on Sunday night. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Nah, I couldn’t have cared less about the BK8 thing and I want the game moved on Sunday.

Some fans see it as “I don’t like women’s football” but should be really seeing it as another massively lack of respect from sky for people who attend matches. This discussion should not even be taking place, sky have s41t the bed in this one.

Watch the first half in the bar...and the second half on BBC I player in the stands. 

Or watch the whole game in the bar and watch the 2nd half of norwich v millwall in the stands

Theres a way...theres a choice

For some , its not even a consideration that this game should be affected in anyway

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Can't believe this is a thing. Are people really that interested in women's football that it takes priority over one of our matches? 

So what's the significance of them being women? 

Bizarre sexist comment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Watch the first half in the bar...and the second half on BBC I player in the stands. 

Or watch the whole game in the bar and watch the 2nd half of norwich v millwall in the stands

For some , its not even a consideration that this game should be affected in anyway

It shouldn’t have even been a choice in the first place is the issue my guy

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Watch the first half in the bar...and the second half on I player in the stands. 

That's what I'll be doing, multi tasking. 

Might swerve the 1st half and turn up for the 2nd if the pub and TV football/England look better.

12pm is a ridiculous time for a football match anyway.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You weren't shaking your head. Or reading the Sydney Morning Herald.

Game is moved for TV audience.

TV audience now want to watch something else 

Eventually us season ticket holders will find out when the TV audience would like us to go?

I really doubt Sky have moved our game with Millwall for the viewing audience. And now apart from us and them, nobody else will be watching us either.

And as much as you do not have or like Sky etc, they are the ones paying the bills. Well £40M this season. Ask the board what they would prefer.

From a purely selfish point of view I'll be gutted if its moved, I have a family event on the Saturday so was delighted it was moved to the Sunday as it means I can go. Similarly I have to take my daughter to Stanstead in the evening so a delay of a couple of hours again means non attendance of the match.

I get why people want it changed, but it holds zero interest for me (no I'm not one of these female game haters it just bores me) hence why I never join in the discussions on the woman's version of the game the same as I don't F1, as I don't understand those who have to pick on it and compare it to the men. 

10 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It shouldn’t have even been a choice in the first place is the issue my guy

Life is all about choices and priorities, everyone will have to decide what there's is...

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

I'm just gonna go to CR and then watch the final on iPlayer when I get home. I'd do the same if it was the mens world cup final and England were in it as well. City>Every other team or sport no matter how important. If they want to move the game move it to later the same day. Why anyone thinks we need to cancel everything that day is beyond me. I can kind of see why people would want to move anything that clashes, but just move the time instead of the date or if the date has to be changed we'll play Saturday. I don't want it postponed and then be playing catch up with the rest of the league. 

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Life is all about choices and priorities, every will have to decide what there's is...

Unless the game is moved of course

If I had my way our game wouldn't have been moved to 12pm on a Sunday anyway.

As always it's win win for the plastic TV fans who can watch both games at once and then boast what a great supporter they by prioritising NCFC over something else. 

As always the true supporters lose out.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

As always it's win win for the plastic TV fans who can watch both games at once and then boast what a great supporter they by prioritising NCFC over something else. 

A sunday

at 12pm

day after a train strike

high possibility of England ladies being in a World Cup final

Do sky want drive Gary Neville round to take a s41t on my front lawn as well? The level of disrespect is outrageous all the time.

• Haha 1

Why don't we contact Fifa, explain the situation and see if they'll start the final a couple of hours earlier? 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who are these plastic fans? Its a well used phrase but I cannot for the life of me see how it applies to us. 

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Can't believe this is a thing. Are people really that interested in women's football that it takes priority over one of our matches? 

I will be watching the World Cup final on Sunday in preference to the Norwich game. Am an exiled fan at the moment but would make the same decision if I had a ticket to the NCFC game.

1 hour ago, The Raptor said:

It's a world cup final. It might be the only time England ever play in one in my lifetime. 

It's like when I missed my mates wedding to go to the play off final. I can always go to the next one but norwich might not ever get to Wembley again.

Well....its 'a' world cup final...

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bizarre sexist comment.

The significance is that they're at the same level as 14 year old boys. Whose games very few people want to watch.

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Bizarre sexist comment.

It's women's football, as opposed to men's football. It's nothing more than a description of what it is. 

My interest in football is mainly to do with all things Norwich City, ex players and ex managers included. Men's football, women's football, youth football, walking football, 5 a-side football....it doesn't matter, if it ain't Norwich related, I don't have that much interest.

Women's football is growing - as it should - but please don't fall into the trap of calling things sexist just because someone dares to mention that it's women's football. It is women's football, isn't it? 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Just move it back to Saturday then. 
Job’s a good un…

No Nutty,  we've got a big family do on Saturday to avoid clashing with Sundays game. Cancel Sundays game.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

The significance is that they're at the same level as 14 year old boys. Whose games very few people want to watch.

Yeah bro, a full house at Wembley accidentally turned up for the euros final.

the trajectory for women’s football has been exponential since about 2012. The skill level and interest is going through the roof. You can get on board now or stay with Stuart Webber.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's women's football, as opposed to men's football. It's nothing more than a description of what it is. 

My interest in football is mainly to do with all things Norwich City, ex players and ex managers included. Men's football, women's football, youth football, walking football, 5 a-side football....it doesn't matter, if it ain't Norwich related, I don't have that much interest.

Women's football is growing - as it should - but please don't fall into the trap of calling things sexist just because someone dares to mention that it's women's football. It is women's football, isn't it? 

No it's FOOTBALL it's England.

Couldn't give a toss about their gender.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Check out the expert analysis on this guy!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Just wow, 14 year old boys.

Crawl back in your cave.

Well at least the City pubs on Sunday morning will be opening early and will be busy for whatever game folk are going to watch....

I'll be this Sunday meandering down to Carra but I would have liked to have watched the Women's WC....

I'll glance across to the Directionless Box to see if our current Crag Hoppin' DoF is secretly watching the Final on his smartphone....

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'd do the same if it was the mens world cup

Absolutely no argument with people who hold this view.

But you can be sure that if this was the men's final, our game would be moved - or never scheduled for a time that clashed in the first place.

59 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Buy that's exactly what it is to me.

Oh, OK. If that's what it is to you then **** it, it's just another item in the TV listings.

I can't stand Rugby Union, but if England make the final I will understand it's a justifiably massive event and not just something on the TV.

And I will reiterate, it's not just the "TV audience"; Norwich City season ticket holders are the ones who are most annoyed about the clash. 

• Like 1

The annoying thing is you can’t even avoid the result and watch it back after the Norwich game. They’ll announce it and everyone will be on their phones. It literally ruins both games, a perfect sky TV moment. I hope big fat Dave in Birmingham enjoys scratching his nuts for two hours while waiting for the Villa game though! Absolute joke.