3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I hope they're paying him a lot of money. I would need a lot of money to be in Luton weekly.

You're Luton-intolerant?

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I hope they're paying him a lot of money. I would need a lot of money to be in Luton weekly.

Luton's not so bad

.......................it's the pillaging I'm not keen on

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hmm...

That would be a great move for Timmy especially if a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure where Luton are going with that one. Krul has 2 relegations under his belt and is a bit of a liability with the ball at his feet.

Will be sad to see him go but at 35 all good things come to an end.

Again wish him well- when he was on top of his game he was a good goal keeper - sadly now he could be prone to mistakes and Luton  fans will be hoping he dont have too many

I would have thought given how much B Munich need a keeper that would be a good options... But good luck at Luton, at least you won't have to.move house or move the kids! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm...

That would be a great move for Timmy especially if a 2 year deal, but I'm not sure where Luton are going with that one. Krul has 2 relegations under his belt and is a bit of a liability with the ball at his feet.

Will be sad to see him go but at 35 all good things come to an end.

It depends on whether he would be first choice, or on the bench as with us.

We will always have White Hart Lane

I wonder where the player is, who scored our only goal that night ?

• Like 1

John Ruddy is a year or two older and was player of the season at Birmingham City last time around.

Great signing for City, and well over two hundred appearances.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That really will be the end of an era. Probably my favourite City keeper since Bryan Gunn.

Agree about Krul though, great presence and personality.

Rarely have we had a dodgy 'keeper, and we produce a few these days as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Well he’s on decent money sat on the bench so good business to get him sold. Wish him well. Time for one of our promising young keepers to be the bench guy/cup goalie.

Part of me wishes we’d have brought him on at the weekend for the last min pen… what a send of that would have been!

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Well he’s on decent money sat on the bench so good business to get him sold. Wish him well. Time for one of our promising young keepers to be the bench guy/cup goalie

Is Reyes that man?

Barden was firmly in line, but his illness has clearly set him back a bit.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Well he’s on decent money sat on the bench so good business to get him sold. Wish him well. Time for one of our promising young keepers to be the bench guy/cup goalie.

eh ?

I'm not sure a 'promising young keeper' is developing sat on the bench - unless he is playing midweek with the U21s as well

Seems like a good deal for all involved.

He's been a good servant to the club and I'll miss his penalty sh!thousery.

But Gunn is deservedly no.1.

Fantastic keeper when at his best (As he proved at Newcastle and at times with us) who has sadly gone a little rusty and so lost his place.

Top top bloke personality wise. Will be very much missed but good luck to him and hope he does well.

Feels like a true end to the Farke era

• Like 2

Was a great signing when he arrived, just like Pukki. If we manage to sell him this summer that would be even better, as he’s on quite high wages, past his best and seems to make a lot of mistakes now. Selling him would leave us with no third choice GK though, as with Barden and McCracken out on loan we would only have Reyes left as backup to Gunn, so we will either have to make a new signing or bring someone up from the youth academy

34 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Was a great signing when he arrived, just like Pukki. If we manage to sell him this summer that would be even better, as he’s on quite high wages, past his best and seems to make a lot of mistakes now. Selling him would leave us with no third choice GK though, as with Barden and McCracken out on loan we would only have Reyes left as backup to Gunn, so we will either have to make a new signing or bring someone up from the youth academy

Sell him ?

He arrived on a free and that will doubtlessly be in his contract. Allowing him to move where it suits him.

And i doubt a 34 year old second choice keeper with a year in his contract would fetch much. Only a PL club would be able to match his wages. If not, why move ?

9 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Is Barden on loan? Missed that announcement.

My mistake. Thought both him and McCracken were, but according to the club website it’s just McCracken. Must have got him mixed up with Berry and Mair, who are also out on loan

Edited by HazzaJet

Gunn, Barden and Reyes will be our goalies, unless we decide a bit more experience is required, which might be the case.

We'd be daft not to see who's available, and I'm sure the recruitment team are.

Still a really good keeper but it takes him 3 or 4 games to get back into form if he's been out for a while so makes little sense keeping his as a backup. You want him as your first choice or not at all. I wouldn't mind an experienced backup if he goes though, Gunn doesn't have much of an injury history but anything can happen and I wouldn't want to have to rely on a young keeper for an extended period of time. People will probably say we might as well keep Krul instead but he'll be on a huge wage for a backup gk at this level, im sure we could find someone to warm his place on the bench for far less than we're paying Krul and like I said his tenancy to be rusty when he comes back in worries me. 

Probably the best thing for everyone ,best for us getting rid of one of our top wage earners who probably isn't gonna play much , and best for him , a fresh chance in the prem and will probably play more. However he's been a great signing for us but Angus has really kicked on now.

• Like 2

We were good for him as he was very rusty when he initially came. And he was good for us as when he got his game back together again, he was a key part of the Farke team that went up twice. 

He's earned a dignified farewell and if we get a little bit for him and take his wage off the books, and he gets a chance to be in the Premier again, I'll not begrudge him that.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Is Barden on loan? Missed that announcement.

Barden is on his way back from injury, hasnt played a game this season yet. Think we would need an experienced back up

Hope we free up these wages. Krul has been good keeper but I reluctantly noticed errors, and have felt for some time we should be in Barden territory 

54 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think Reyes is a comfortable no.2 if this happens. He's highly regarded.

Capable of standing if for Gunn (injured/suspended),Yes

Sat on the bench every game, No