Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Talk Norwich City interview with Zoe Webber

The flipside of the wider SD role here is that ZW was impressed by the quality of 6 candidates shortlisted.

The inference being that a narrower role would lead to less quality.

I'm quite excited by this if at the same time worried by the massive hole that SW leaves. At least with ZW under the same roof a little bit of free consultancy would be available!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Sounds like same update she gave at the forum in The Forum a few weeks ago.

Indeed it is. Nothing new in the summary posted above by the forum potty mouth.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed it is. Nothing new in the summary posted above by the forum potty mouth.

Definitely an alias of a different poster 

54 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Just a little more on this. ZW said that NCFC was one of only three or four clubs in English football with a 'proper' Sporting Director role, which made it very attractive, apparently, to potential applicants.

It seemed that what she meant by this was that the SD had a lot of power (hiring and firing the coach, ultimate power over recruitment, etc).

To me, this was where a real journalist would have asked the follow-up question: is that a good thing? Why do so few clubs do it? It's been noted a lot on here that the loss of Kieran Scott seemed to affect our recruitment - was that also a result of Webber's job being spread too thinly. A missed opportunity from the TNC boys.

IMO, not a missed opportunity. Jack only cares about getting more clicks so he's not going to do anything controversial to risk losing his special connection with the club, while Chris hasn't got the braincells to respond quickly to anything an interviewee says.

In terms of building up their online presence, they've done a great job. But they're not serious journalists like Michael Bailey, so we shouldn't expect them to be.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

IMO, not a missed opportunity. Jack only cares about getting more clicks so he's not going to do anything controversial to risk losing his special connection with the club, while Chris hasn't got the braincells to respond quickly to anything an interviewee says.

In terms of building up their online presence, they've done a great job. But they're not serious journalists like Michael Bailey, so we shouldn't expect them to be.

Personal attacks are not cool - why the hate for Chris?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

Jack reeve will look like Pavarotti in a couple of years time !

Well if Jack can sing it would beat the normal half time entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The flipside of the wider SD role here is that ZW was impressed by the quality of 6 candidates shortlisted.

The inference being that a narrower role would lead to less quality.

I'm quite excited by this if at the same time worried by the massive hole that SW leaves. At least with ZW under the same roof a little bit of free consultancy would be available!

That's a good point, we could be attracting genuinely top tier SDs from Europe (or further afield) who wouldn't be tempted by the usual "British" SD role...

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Is it just me who sees the annoying laugh girl from Hot Fuzz when they see Zoe 😳 

hot_fuzz10.jpg

Cliff Richard looks normal there. 

I thought it was a godo interview, thanks for doing it all three of you. I think we are very very luckly that these two guys are interviewing so many people esp current club staff and also previous players. 

One of the interviews I really really thought was great was the John Ruddy one, there was a line in there where he said that he felt compared to other keepers such as Greeno that he was unappreciated. I think it's good for uis to hear things like that and remember that players are people too and can have their own insecurities.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Satriales said:

TBF, he framed that response well.

I was actually genuinely concerned for him on his weight gain as it has been rather rapid. He seems to think he will lose the extra pounds but I promise him it will be harder than he thinks.

In my view, the comments to him have probably saved him a lot of grief and health problems later on, so just in time.

I appreciate other people may not be in Jack's position or have his current mental strength, but some of the comments albeit not well phrased are better being shared than everyone holding their counsel. To not express concern over weight gain to someone and thereby not having a open conversation about it allows the issue to both fester and get worse. He is in the media spotlight, albeit in a small universe, so has to accept it.

BTW If he is just planning to get a prescription of Wegovy, that i'm afraid that is not addressing the issue. Get off you **** man and exercise, you're still a relatively young man.

So, tin hat on.

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I was actually genuinely concerned for him on his weight gain as it has been rather rapid. He seems to think he will lose the extra pounds but I promise him it will be harder than he thinks.

In my view, the comments to him have probably saved him a lot of grief and health problems later on, so just in time.

I appreciate other people may not be in Jack's position or have his current mental strength, but some of the comments albeit not well phrased are better being shared than everyone holding their counsel. To not express concern over weight gain to someone and thereby not having a open conversation about it allows the issue to both fester and get worse. He is in the media spotlight, albeit in a small universe, so has to accept it.

BTW If he is just planning to get a prescription of Wegovy, that i'm afraid that is not addressing the issue. Get off you **** man and exercise, you're still a relatively young man.

So, tin hat on.

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

So, tin hat on.

He does he recently did 5k run every day for a month !!

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

He is in the media spotlight, albeit in a small universe, so has to accept it.

Why does creating content online about a football club mean he has to accept comments on his weight? 

There's a difference between publicly shaming someone and expressing concern privately. Your entire response is a shambles.

No-one mentioned the part where she was asking if the job was "worth it"?

Where it got to the point where she was asking club Stewards to bring her son pitchside as she was afraid of him being on his own with talks of protests and hate incoming (timestamped):

Personally, I found that one of the most interesting aspects and I'm pretty sure it's the reason for Stu handing his notice.

In the interviews conducted end of season, this was very much a theme across them all where he appeared to be the most passionate and rattled over.

Anyway,

I think Zoe comes across really well, very grounded, and seems able to laugh at herself.  Very much the opposite of Stu's more competitive/egotistical nature.

57 minutes ago, NP90 said:

Why does creating content online about a football club mean he has to accept comments on his weight? 

There's a difference between publicly shaming someone and expressing concern privately. Your entire response is a shambles.

My first post on the subject was the one above after he "publicly discussed" the issue in a X post, thus inviting public comment back. If you read the content of my post, I set out that he seems strong enough mentally to want to discuss his own body image, I though expressed my concern over his appearance had arisen before this but expressed the reasonable point that losing the excess weight he has put on has to be worked at, and worked at damn hard (I have personal knowledge of this).

As others have said he has taken up running which will help (it has helped me), but will he be motivated enough to do it five days a week in the type of weather we have had recently? I do, but it is a hell of a struggle sometimes.

I believe that if you look through my post I never fat shamed him at all, but added some encouragement that someone of his robust mental health would probably have a bloody good grin at. Get a sense of humour and choose to have an argument with those that posted their ill thought through comments before he started to discuss his weight issue publicly. You've picked the wrong person to have a go at in that post above!  

I can see why the TNC boys can sometimes rub people up the wrong way, but I’d say that was a pretty accomplished interview. Jack, in particular, seemed very much in control of what he was doing and how he wanted the interview to go. And his Twitter response to the comments about his weight was bang on. And Zoe came out of it extremely well. Totally different to the way I imagined her. Full credit. 

They are not professional pundits or interviewers, but YouTubers. They rely on access to a very limited source which will dry up immediately if they become too challenging and that'll be the end of them.

They'll always be a bit cringey but the Zoe interview was pretty good to be fair. Credit to ZW for giving fairly open answers as well.

There wasn't much detail on the 'takeover', which suggests that was marked off topic, or Jack/Chris couldn't articulate a question.

I quite like ZW to be fair. Seems to be running the club at the moment and I hope she sticks around a much longer. For me it begs the question what made the relationship with fans go so horribly sour so quickly? It can't all be about results on the pitch.

15 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

They are not professional pundits or interviewers, but YouTubers. They rely on access to a very limited source which will dry up immediately if they become too challenging and that'll be the end of them.

They'll always be a bit cringey but the Zoe interview was pretty good to be fair. Credit to ZW for giving fairly open answers as well.

There wasn't much detail on the 'takeover', which suggests that was marked off topic, or Jack/Chris couldn't articulate a question.

I quite like ZW to be fair. Seems to be running the club at the moment and I hope she sticks around a much longer. For me it begs the question what made the relationship with fans go so horribly sour so quickly? It can't all be about results on the pitch.

It was pretty good in the sense that it confirms prior suspicions.

The totally inappropriate autocratic management style of McNally being replaced by the totally inappropriate university fresher style of Zoe going on a journey. Just that we never get there as the OSP thread explains. 

Let's hope that rumour of Andy Cullen's return comes to pass to relieve us of this ludicrous chalk and cheese approach to Club management to give the Club a much better foundation for fan relationship.

21 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Fat Conts need to eat less and move more. Unless they have some condition  that prevents them from doing so. 

We , as a species , are not meant to be fat. It's quite simple. Bad diets and lack of exercise are at the root of more than 90% of cases of obesity.  

The funniest bit is the amount of fatties in mobility scooters , getting fatter trundling to Greggs . 

Some people are a little too fat around the pockets too.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Some people are a little too fat around the pockets too.

Jealousy is an ugly  personality  trait Quasimodo/ Ethics. 

I've told  you before, free yourself of avarice and you will always be wealthy in life.  

21 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

We , as a species , are not meant to be fat. It's quite simple. Bad diets and lack of exercise are at the root of more than 90% of cases of obesity.  

I remember a few years back sitting outside the docs waiting for my missus, and started people watching and wondering what they were there for. 

When she came back I said to her that it's fascinating that no matter what conditions those people have, the obese all looked far more naturally unwell.  Poor posture, hunched up, turned feet, flushed faces, swollen ankles.

It was a real eye opener for me, must admit.

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I remember a few years back sitting outside the docs waiting for my missus, and started people watching and wondering what they were there for. 

When she came back I said to her that it's fascinating that no matter what conditions those people have, the obese all looked far more naturally unwell.  Poor posture, hunched up, turned feet, flushed faces, swollen ankles.

It was a real eye opener for me, must admit.

I first read this as 'outside the docks' and found the whole story to be very bizarre.

• Haha 1

Well all this TV football can't help the waistline. Perhaps the subscriptions should have a higher rate of taxation to help out the NHS...

On 15/08/2023 at 16:04, Google Bot said:

No-one mentioned the part where she was asking if the job was "worth it"?

Where it got to the point where she was asking club Stewards to bring her son pitchside as she was afraid of him being on his own with talks of protests and hate incoming (timestamped):

Personally, I found that one of the most interesting aspects and I'm pretty sure it's the reason for Stu handing his notice.

In the interviews conducted end of season, this was very much a theme across them all where he appeared to be the most passionate and rattled over.

Anyway,

I think Zoe comes across really well, very grounded, and seems able to laugh at herself.  Very much the opposite of Stu's more competitive/egotistical nature.

Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.  

Other Clichéd tropes available.

See almost all of  Buh-tholes posts. 

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well all this TV football can't help the waistline. Perhaps the subscriptions should have a higher rate of taxation to help out the NHS...

Bike/ Treadmills to power the nation's Tv's  would go a long way to curing the obesity problem in UK .

Govt squanders enough as it is.  

Edited by wcorkcanary