cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Saints V Canaries*

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Don't know why everyone is mad about the penalty. If one of our players got elbowed in the back and fell over we would be screaming for one

And like Saints fans we would take it. But it doesn't make poor officiating any more palatable.

Don't know why everyone is mad about the penalty. If one of our players got elbowed in the back and fell over we would be screaming for one

Of course, wouldn't mean it was a right decision though. It's a very poor decision 

Officials absolutely screwed us today: 

kennys yellow- harsh

first penalty- maybe- but seen them not given 

our offside: sarge onside when played it and no offside from scorer 

second penalty - so soft- not a penalty 

Lots of positives- and SUCH an improvement on last season. But what a frustrating afternoon 

• Like 2

That was 90 (edit actually that was 104) minutes of every emotion going. 

First of all if that game was played last season we'd have lost that comfortably. Our newly refound resolve and spirit is clear to see. 

But also can't help but feel if we'd have had a more defensive minded midfielder than Kenny in that holding role we may well have not conceded as we did. Not a big criticism of Kenny, thought he had an ok game, I just wish we had a more defensive minded midfielder for games like this. 

But it's so, so nice to be enjoying Norwich City again. Let's hope this isn't just a fluke and this continues, because I think we keep this up we might just surprise a few.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

If that had been outside the pen box then I doubt the ref would have given a penalty

The classic "we woz robbed' is the line coming out of todays game.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lol, were you paying attention last season? We didn't get penalties when players were full on assaulted.

If that was a penalty, we should have had roughly 586 penalties last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

kennys yellow- harsh

Lots of positives- and SUCH an improvement on last season. But what a frustrating afternoon 

Yeah and with the refs so protected they dont have to explain their decisions

• Like 1

I hope this shows Delia and Co that it's worth a bit more investment this season. We need a bit more strength in depth, especially in that midfield. 

We went toe to toe with a Premier League team away and were a poor ref decision away from beating them. We can't just let this season be an in limbo one.

I still think Andy O is a better CB and we need to fight tooth and nail to keep Sara.

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ you are utterly tedious.

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

kennys yellow- harsh

I didn't see the first penalty incident, but the second looked a fair decision to me. It hurts because it cost us two points. As to the offside, I think Barnes was offside at the moment of the free kick and that's why he was flagged when - some time later - he put the ball in the net. If the other NCFC player in the vicinity had scored I assume it would have been allowed.

12 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hull said the same last week. That's life.

We'd have been happy with a draw before KO.

But Hull were wrong though, we're not 

• Haha 1

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

I didn't see the first penalty incident, but the second looked a fair decision to me. It hurts because it cost us two points. As to the offside, I think Barnes was offside at the moment of the free kick and that's why he was flagged when - some time later - he put the ball in the net. If the other NCFC player in the vicinity had scored I assume it would have been allowed.

1st penalty was fine, offside was fine, 2nd penalty is an absolute shocker.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Answer the question. If one of our players took an elbow to the back in the box and fell over would you want a penalty?

Yes- but that isn’t the point. I always want us to get stuff. The real question is “if a team I am neutral about were given the penalty what would. I think. I would say it is soft 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I hope this shows Delia and Co that it's worth a bit more investment this season. We need a bit more strength in depth, especially in that midfield. 

We went toe to toe with a Premier League team away and were a poor ref decision away from beating them. We can't just let this season be an in limbo one.

I still think Andy O is a better CB and we need to fight tooth and nail to keep Sara.

We have the Max money and its time to cash in on Rashica even if we don't get our money back and get that midfield player we know we need.

• Like 1

Answer the question. If one of our players took an elbow to the back in the box and fell over would you want a penalty?

Yes, but we wouldn't expect one from a nothing challenge like that.

Elsewhere on the pitch that isn't even a freekick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Walker-Peters stepped across Dimi and was going down before there was any contact whatsoever.

It is a contact sport, for you to call a very timid coming together an "elbow" says everything.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Elbow? He fūckin tapped him! Have you ever played the game? Even as just a kick about with mates!? You put your arm on people all the time!! "Elbow" get a grip

W-P was going down before he was even touched!! 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Walker-Peters stepped across Dimi and was going down before there was any contact whatsoever.

It is a contact sport, for you to call a very timid coming together an "elbow" says everything.

I blame the silver hairdo - went down like an old woman. 

24 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Well done City. Good game, and definitely should have won it. Two soft penalties against and a goal ruled out incorrectly, the ref stole 2 points from us. We'll get dodgy decisions in our favour too in future matches that will no doubt win us points, but it is still frustating.

We got one last week in our favour!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Perfectly good goal wrongly called offside.

The weakest penalty decision you'll ever see at this level - if that was a penalty then Sargent should have had 40 on his own last season.

To note, Southampton just got double the amount of penalties today than we got in the entirety of last season.

AND WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BELEIVE THESE DECISIONS 'EVEN THEMSELVES OUT'

We had a very dodgy decision go for us last week, didn’t we?

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Elbow? He fūckin tapped him! Have you ever played the game? Even as just a kick about with mates!? You put your arm on people all the time!! "Elbow" get a grip

W-P was going down before he was even touched!! 

Maybe his elbow is parallel with his wrist too often

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

When the keeper makes the save from Sara's free kick Barnes was in an offside position. However Sarg wasn't when he shot, and the keeper then makes a second save from which Barnes was NOT in an offside position. Surely that constitutes a separate stage of play.

• Like 2