Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Millwall - Sunday 20th August at midday

Has anyone mentioned that now the Millwall game has been moved to the Sunday, it clashes with Women’s World Cup final?
England may not be there but still a shame.  Maybe Sky were not aware?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Has anyone mentioned that now the Millwall game has been moved to the Sunday, it clashes with Women’s World Cup final?

Sky don't care would be more accurate. They've proved that over the years by moving games to ridiculous times at short notice. 

• Like 3

Will be a low crowd that day most of the Millwall fans will be at church at the that time 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Stuart Webber deliberately requested this. 

Surely Delia and Zoe will be leading the picket lines at Carrow Road and promising us a refund so we can all go home and watch the WWCF.

17 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Why does that matter, not sure that's going to inconvenience many. Hence why not taken into consideration.

16 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Sky don't care would be more accurate. They've proved that over the years by moving games to ridiculous times at short notice. 

Aside from the final couple of rounds, they always give at least 28 days' notice. That's plenty, isn't it?

When I had a season ticket in Italy, they'd sometimes move games with less than a week's notice, so I have no problem with the abundance we get in this country. 

7 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sunday midday games are terrible. Usually a crap atmosphere, and performance to match! 

Before 2pm should be banned.

Especially when you have an 90 min train journey the earliest of which arrives after 12 noon ll

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not a consideration for Sky as they are not showing any games from the Womens World Cup.

Did they offer an alternative match to the men's World Cup Final?

51 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Why does that matter, not sure that's going to inconvenience many. Hence why not taken into consideration.

Over 20 million tuned into the Euros final when you include Internet figures. More would watch England in a World Cup. 

If England make it, I'll miss the Norwich game. Doubt I'll be the only one. Pathetic from Sky.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pathetic from Sky.

Yup, but Sky are To55ers Danno, i will never again subscribe to those conts . Or the phone company 3. Wont go into details but Sky only backed off when I threatened and obtained a case number from the Ombudsman( always works  with big companies) . 3? Well , what can I say, after the Mrs passed away , I paid her next  2 phone bills to make sure everything was up to date. I then contacted them to close and settle ( about 30 quid owed back to me) . They didn't disconnect, rebilled  etc. Twice!! Despite emails phone calls etc. Eventually a nice lady in their high st shop got them to comply ..it took hours, then at 3pm as promised , they disconnected..... my fookin phone!!! And left hers on.... all  cleared up next day but painful to say the least.  I was so happy to be able to tell them that I was leaving them and so were my children and the grandchild that has a phone. Lost 5 customers by not dealing with one correctly. Sorry , Six customers.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

36 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn't miss a City game to watch anything on TV. 

Not long ago I'd have said the same thing.

28 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not long ago I'd have said the same thing.

It's the start of a slippery slope Dan. The bottom of which sees you scratching around for free streams, inhabiting the match thread when we go a goal down, whilst expecting 'the club' to pay for re-upholstering your armchair...

• Haha 1

There are some on here who'd actually prefer to watch a game on TV than make the effort to go to the stadium.

Still, they'll be OK though as they can watch both at once. The game actually kicks off at 11am so I could watch the 1st half in the pub should I choose to.

• Like 1

The fans don’t count, and don’t we know it, armchair spectators are the customers that do, and profits for the global media companies. it wasn’t always thus. What is interesting is our resilience and loyalty in the face of the corruption of our game. But we’re not taking control any time soon, and certainly not taking back control. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

The fans don’t count, and don’t we know it, armchair spectators are the customers that do, and profits for the global media companies. it wasn’t always thus. What is interesting is our resilience and loyalty in the face of the corruption of our game. But we’re not taking control any time soon, and certainly not taking back control. 

Pleased to note that @nutty nigel likes that post. Fans should be taking back control if the likes of train services can't deliver the fan to and from the match in time to see all the action, the Club that is banking the TV receipt and season ticket money should provide a full refund for the match in question.

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Pleased to note that @nutty nigel likes that post. Fans should be taking back control if the likes of train services can't deliver the fan to and from the match in time to see all the action, the Club that is banking the TV receipt and season ticket money should provide a full refund for the match in question.

Why?..........

Need to be certain early trains will leave on time to get to Norwich for 12.00.  After overtime ban previous day it is likely trains will not be available as required early am because not in the correct place.

23 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Do we get extra cash for a TV game?

35 minutes ago, essex canary said:

So, free season ticket whilst subscribing to TV channels that cause this disruption. Perhaps you should be doing the refunding...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Do we get extra cash for a TV game?

Home Club gets up to £100,000 for a selected match worth around 6,000 spectators in addition to the flat rate season receipts.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Home Club gets up to £100,000 for a selected match worth around 6,000 spectators in addition to the flat rate season receipts.

Does the home club have any say in which games are shown and do they have a contract with Sky or is the contract between the EFL and Sky?. Would a club face any sanctions from the EFL if they were to say they refuse to comply with the Sky "request" to move the game. Does the away side have any say in the matter and would they face any sanctions from the EFL if they joined with the home club to refuse the Sky "request"?............

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Does the home club have any say in which games are shown and do they have a contract with Sky or is the contract between the EFL and Sky?. Would a club face any sanctions from the EFL if they were to say they refuse to comply with the Sky "request" to move the game. Does the away side have any say in the matter and would they face any sanctions from the EFL if they joined with the home club to refuse the Sky "request"?............

I don't know the answer. Probably not much influence though think the Club succeeded in bringing the kick off forward by 15 minutes in one match last season. Would suspect also that police influence may be brought to bear on Ipswich matches.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I don't know the answer. Probably not much influence though think the Club succeeded in bringing the kick off forward by 15 minutes in one match last season. Would suspect also that police influence may be brought to bear on Ipswich matches.

So if they have little or no influence in matches being moved for TV why do you think it is down to a club to compensate fans that cannot get to the kick off time on time by train? (And why only train, why not bus/coach?).............