dylanisabaddog

Tonight's match Wednesday v Saints

Like the new stricter rules for yellows, particularly for the really annoying knocking the ball away tactic that never got punished before. Hopefully there will be consistency across the league...and PL?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Even with the new rules,  how have they come to 6 minutes injury time??

Looks like there could be many games this season where we don't kick off second half till 4:10pm.

Southampton remind me a lot of Norwich under Farke, the earlier period anyway. Small, quick players and intricate passing. 

An extra frisson this season, Russ Martin, Daniel, and our friends down South. Nevertheless the first game feeling will be the same as ever. As the team runs out ones hopes and expectations mingle with a sense of timelessness 

Could we have poached Russell Martin instead of Smith?

We could hardly have done worse.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Russell martin trying to look like Daniel farke , maybe he's hoping if he looks like him he might perform like him in championship ps I think Leeds will **** this league.

Welcome to the Championship Southampton.. You can hold the ball all match and pass it around all you like but all it takes is just one little error

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

That absolute prat with his top off, celebrating with the Wednesday fans. Now going to get banned for the rest of the season having watched season after season of L1 dross - for celebrating equalising. Couldn't make it up. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Saints are going to struggle defending like this

I said similar earlier. They have some very good quality players but their defending is a little suspect. In fact it does rather remind me of us🤣

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I said similar earlier. They have some very good quality players but their defending is a little suspect. In fact it does rather remind me of us🤣

Agree, they've played some nice stuff but don't see them troubling the top 2, they'll lose 4 or 5 before the end of the month,  also Wednesday have been awful.

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

That’s ridiculous 

Not ridiculous if you want fair play. The amount in virtually every game up to now was simply not reflective of the amount of time football wasn't being played.

Why shouldn't the time it takes for a goal to be celebrated be added on for the team that conceded to have a fair chance to equalise? Etc etc.

The nonsense token 2 or 3 minutes added on, with often no real justification was ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

Not ridiculous if you want fair play. The amount in virtually every game up to now was simply not reflective of the amount of time football wasn't being played.

Why shouldn't the time it takes for a goal to be celebrated be added on for the team that conceded to have a fair chance to equalise? Etc etc.

The nonsense token 2 or 3 minutes added on, with often no real justification was ridiculous.

This will be a part of it, but I suspect a bigger part of it will be tv deals wanting their moneys worth and sponsors wanting maximum exposure.

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

This will be a part of it, but I suspect a bigger part of it will be tv deals wanting their moneys worth and sponsors wanting maximum exposure.

Won't do any harm for them either true. It'll be interesting to see if it's sustainable as the world cup attempted it and soon realised it was adding around 10 to 20 minutes each match. Klopp and Pep won't be happy if the PL follow the same rules - they don't like playing 3 games in a week!

This ridiculous amount of injury time does display the importance of having a strong bench with players who can affect a game/maintain the quality.....this I fear is where we will fall as ours is very weak.

As for Southampton, made hard work of beating a poor Sheff Weds , judge them when theyve had sterner tests. Maybe next week??!!!???