dylanisabaddog

Tonight's match Wednesday v Saints

Possession based football works in the championship. If you have 65 plus possession the opponent usually gets tired and makes mistakes in the last ten minutes.

I'm not sure it should be called injury time anymore, maybe just added time🤔

33 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This ridiculous amount of injury time does display the importance of having a strong bench with players who can affect a game/maintain the quality.....this I fear is where we will fall as ours is very weak.

As for Southampton, made hard work of beating a poor Sheff Weds , judge them when theyve had sterner tests. Maybe next week??!!!???

Broke a championship record I understand for passing first half and the accuracy of passing was one of the highest ever.

Martin has built a reputation as a coach who demands his side keep possession during spells with MK Dons and Swansea and his new charges made 477 successful passes, the most recorded for any team at this level, in a first half where they looked capable of blowing the home side away.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Broke a championship record I understand for passing first half and the accuracy of passing was one of the highest ever.

Martin has built a reputation as a coach who demands his side keep possession during spells with MK Dons and Swansea and his new charges made 477 successful passes, the most recorded for any team at this level, in a first half where they looked capable of blowing the home side away.

Martin has reputation fot playing passing possession football....but as yet hasnt translated into winning football, that hasnt threatened promition.

Swansea even finished below us last season

43 minutes ago, Ray said:

I'm not sure it should be called injury time anymore, maybe just added time🤔

Isn't it stoppage time?

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Martin has reputation fot playing passing possession football....but as yet hasnt translated into winning football, that hasnt threatened promition.

But that is with a much smaller transfer budget and an inferior squad.  I think he'll do well at Southampton this season.  The new stoppage time rules will favour possession based football - teams will have to chase for 105 minutes, not 95.  Think of the number of late goals we scored under Farke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

But that is with a much smaller transfer budget and an inferior squad.  I think he'll do well at Southampton this season.  The new stoppage time rules will favour possession based football - teams will have to chase for 105 minutes, not 95.  Think of the number of late goals we scored under Farke.

We also scored lots of late goals under Worthy and Lambert, and I’d wager Burnley and Sheffield scored more than their fair share last season. Late goals are just more common when you’re top of the league because you’re more likely to be pushing for the winner, and the teams below are much more content to hang on for a point 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They finished four points and three places above us although I agree with your main point.