Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

New Sporting Director

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That'd explain why West Ham haven't recruited anyone yet.  Would his first role to be to sell Max? 

Probably to West Ham 😂

He's held decent positions at Man City and West Ham, so has learnt a lot about that side at both clubs and at a high level.

Would be a good option. Very approachable chap as well, he'd certainly communicate well to the fans.

• Like 2

Not a bad appointment. Total opposite to Webber. His forte is recruitment though, so I suppose that means him and Adams will carve up Webber's previous role somehow.

7 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Have you ever been taught PE by a Sporting Director? Because this poster has.

I have been directed into becoming more sporting by a PE teacher.  Was very competitive as a kid.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Has this actually been decided? Or are we speculating?

Was spotted in Nando's with Max exchanging shirts over the table, so pretty nailed on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

It's been decided but we don't know that yet

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

DW's comments to the press this morning suggest otherwise

"Won't look to sign another wide player"

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

While Rashica in the building that was 

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I was referring to Rob Newman.

17 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

It's been decided but we don't know that yet

So you have a source you trust who says it's done and dusted? Good news if so, I think he'd be a decent fit for the role even taking his playing career out of the equation.

Given how Webber talked about all the off field stuff being done then the new sporting director skill set should skew massively towards a recruitment as a skill set.

New technical director(I thought he was the sporting director before) Tim Steidten in charge of recruitment strategy and reports Moyes doesn't like his player choices and vice versea. Rob Newman as head of recruitment might be wanting a change of scene or been told to get.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

New technical director(I thought he was the sporting director before) Tim Steidten in charge of recruitment strategy and reports Moyes doesn't like his player choices and vice versea. Rob Newman as head of recruitment might be wanting a change of scene or been told to get.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-confusion-rob-newman-remains/

Interesting piece here. Would make sense that they've not agreed to cut a deal for Newman to leave, if they believe that we want him and they could therefore get some compensation from us. If all parties know his position is untenable then it might be that the compensation is negligible.

EDIT: Or perhaps that we don't have to pay compensation at all, but him moving straight into a new role simply means the Hammers don't have to pay him off.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Thanks 1

Years ago I had quite a long chat with him in the changing rooms at Greens (now Nuffield Health). He was working for Man City at the time, very interesting bloke and seemed happy to have a conversation.

17 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

https://www.claretandhugh.info/hammers-confusion-rob-newman-remains/

Interesting piece here. Would make sense that they've not agreed to cut a deal for Newman to leave, if they believe that we want him and they could therefore get some compensation from us. If all parties know his position is untenable then it might be that the compensation is negligible.

EDIT: Or perhaps that we don't have to pay compensation at all, but him moving straight into a new role simply means the Hammers don't have to pay him off.

That reads to me like Moyes/Newman have frozen out the new guy, but still managed to sign no one and that Newman isn't going anywhere until Moyes is chopped.

9 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

That reads to me like Moyes/Newman have frozen out the new guy, but still managed to sign no one and that Newman isn't going anywhere until Moyes is chopped.

If we're involved it's possible that we've had an agreement Newman but either won't pay compensation as he was outgoing anyway, or delaying for some reason.  (Haven't got the money?  Webber to leave 6 months early also in the works?)

In the meantime the technical director is a bit of a gooseberry waiting for things to move.

Perhaps if OP is in the know, this will all start to progress now?

Edited by Google Bot

2 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

"You see that football team from down the A140? That's you that is"

image.png.aca2b61377127027a00e07fc06409fc8.png

"And you see that tree growing out of your main stand gutter....that's your leading scorer that is".....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Can’t imagine any EPL club wanting to sack their recruitment manager this close to the end of the transfer window.